***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,507,602 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
BadAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag_07 said:

WTF is going on in ATL?

The numbers they're putting up are ridiculous and they're all having career years.

Prosperdick
AG
cc10106 said:

Ag_07 said:

WTF is going on in ATL?

The numbers they're putting up are ridiculous and they're all having career years.
Sure would be a shame for someone to go and ruin their season despite being heavy favorites to win it all.

This series feels like a trap, but I know we're due more wins at home.
Once again I expect a lot of fireworks in the NL playoffs, a lot of teams are hot and it's not a given Atlanta makes it all the way. Of course the same can be said of us except we've had quite the run. We get the lineup of death with Maldy on the pine and we could go on a run.

I sure hope Dana is preparing Donkey for that scenario...like, you do know the team we face in the playoffs will likely feature 80% right handed pitching so Maldy will be on the bench. You might want to give Diaz a few starts with JV and others for familiarity...maybe even Framber (the horror).
Mathguy64
AG
A little extra schedule help. Seattle had to fly cross country after losing to TB to get home to play LAA tonight.

Hopefully their legs are tired.
Beat40
Prosperdick said:

cc10106 said:

Ag_07 said:

WTF is going on in ATL?

Sure would be a shame for someone to go and ruin their season despite being heavy favorites to win it all.

Once again I expect a lot of fireworks in the NL playoffs, a lot of teams are hot and it's not a given Atlanta makes it all the way. Of course the same can be said of us except we've had quite the run. We get the lineup of death with Maldy on the pine and we could go on a run.

I sure hope Dana is preparing Donkey for that scenario...like, you do know the team we face in the playoffs will likely feature 80% right handed pitching so Maldy will be on the bench. You might want to give Diaz a few starts with JV and others for familiarity...maybe even Framber (the horror).

I think you need to prepare yourself for this not happening (Maldy not catching JV and Framber in the postseason). While I would like to be wrong, I'm confident Maldy will be catching those two in the postseason, so get your mind around it now.
Farmer1906
AG
Beat40 said:

Prosperdick said:

cc10106 said:

Ag_07 said:

WTF is going on in ATL?

I think you need to prepare yourself for this not happening (Maldy not catching JV and Framber in the postseason). While I would like to be wrong, I'm confident Maldy will be catching those two in the postseason, so get your mind around it now.

Agree.
AlwaysNextYear89
AG
spadilly said:

My two boys just got their team info for little league.
I make it a point, and always have, to buy a hat or shirt to wear for their teams.
You know where this is going….

Oldest son is on the cardinals. That's a great, classic uniform and I can wear it just fine.
Our youngest? His first season playing and he's the rangers. He's so excited to play and told me "I know you hate it and love it, but I want you to get a shirt for my games."
I'll do it, and some of the Rangers vintage/Cooperstown/Nolan stuff is good. I actually rooted for them when I was a kid and we were in different leagues.
Reminds me of when my daughter was 8 or 9 and her softball team voted to be called the Longhorns. She was in tears after practice that day (mad tears), and we asked what was wrong, and she told us that she was mad because she knew we could not root for her team

Of course, 10 years later, she went to that school in Austin...I blame it on the seeds planted that softball season!
Marvin
AG
I thought Olson was having a Brady Anderson year, as in an extreme outlier, but that's not the case. His 2017 averages are better and would match or exceed the counting numbers if not for half the at bats. He put up a 153 OPS+ in 2021 (his last year in Oakland) and likely had little protection around him in the lineup. The guy is just good.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Prosperdick
AG
Beat40 said:

Prosperdick said:

cc10106 said:

Ag_07 said:

WTF is going on in ATL?

I guess I was just hoping the front office could overrule the lineup and have Diaz in there, especially facing a right handed pitcher. Maldy at least hits lefties well but I'd prefer not to have a black hole in our lineup.

I swear if we start the playoffs (assuming we make it) with Dubon in center and Chas/Diaz riding pine I'll lose it. If we're at home Yordan likely is in left field so Brantley gets DH and 2 of our power hitters get to sit with their thumbs up their asses wondering when they'll get to thank Dusty later.
Prosperdick
AG
I'm actually chuckling to myself at the number of f*** Dusty posts if game 1 features a lineup with no Diaz or Chas. It won't be Aggie-Miami meltdown but it will be in the ballpark.
txags92
AG
Beat40 said:

Prosperdick said:

cc10106 said:

Ag_07 said:

WTF is going on in ATL?

Ah yes, nothing like the feeling of winning the division and going into the playoffs fresh with one hand tied behind your back…
bearkatag15
AG
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Post removed:
by user
jah003
S
Love Altuve yelling at Peña for being in the wrong spot on the flip after the out.
W
AG
easy 1st for Framber
bearkatag15
AG
efficient start
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Post removed:
by user
Jbob04
AG
Lots of empty seats tonight
Mathguy64
AG
Framber just gave me a heart attack lobbing that throw over.
Post removed:
by user
W
AG
rookie starting for the A's
n_touch
Got something new in. Yard sign flags

Measure 12" x 18"

Mathguy64
AG
UCL sprain and he's throwing 100, 101. Nuts.
MAROON
AG
Any word on Blum?
jah003
S
Geez this guy is throwing gas.
cap-n-jack
He's in the booth isn't he?
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
W
AG
Pena singles
RED AG 98
AG
Bags with Ford on the radio tonight. Think it's just a regular night off for Sparky.
Farmer1906
AG
That needs to be the strategy on 100. Blast it just past the dirt into RF.
W
AG
Yordan walks
RED AG 98
AG
Ford said this kid was 6-5 and 150 lbs as a 19 yr old. Took a blood test as part of a summer intern application and was diagnosed with diabetes and admitted to the ER. Finally put on a little weight after getting his blood sugars right.
W
AG
ump forced AB into that swing
AggiEE
Breggy Blop :[
Farmer1906
AG
W said:

ump forced AB into that swing

Yup.
First Page Last Page
Page 2242 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.