***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,506,186 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Bag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

spadilly said:

Most fun game I've been to this season, even up in the cheap seats.

Lineup of death turned out exactly the offense we've been yelling for all year. Finally it all came together.

someone should resize this to make it a desptop wallpaper
looks like we play for the Houston Oxy's in that picture
AustinCountyAg
redline248 said:

Prosperdick said:

So we know we're getting Maldy tomorrow...do we also get Dubon so a hitter with an 11th best OPS in the majors, otherwise known as banana pudding, sits on the bench?
That likely depends on Brantley. A's throwing a RHP so, yeah, probably see Brantley. Comes down to Chas or Dubon
comes down to we have an idiot of a manager.
Farmer1906
AG

Marvin
AG
That's tough. I watched some documentaries on 9/11 recently and the one thing I will never forget are the thumps of bodies landing on the awnings above the firefighters assembling to enter the towers. What a horrific decision to make- burn or jump.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Prosperdick
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Prosperdick said:

AggiEE said:

Prosperdick said:

AggiEE said:

Really curious what our playoff rotation would be.

JV
Framber
France?
Javier?

Brown to the bullpen for long relief along with Urquidy? SP is definitely our weakest link after the top 2. France has done really well this season but you wonder how he'd do come playoffs.

Javier is looking more and more like his issues won't be fixed this season.

Luckily you can get by in the playoffs with less starters so this isn't totally disastrous, but we really need to maximize those JV/Framber games which is why it's awful that Dusty never has Diaz catch with them.
Has anyone asked him why Diaz hasn't caught either one of them yet for some familiarity for the playoffs? He has to know Maldy could get injured or is that just fan stuff?

Apparently it's only fine for Maldy to get used to working with Brown/France, but Diaz role just continues to diminish DESPITE him throwing runners out more, less runs being scored in his games, better pitch framing, and we all know the massively better hitting.

I just don't get it. Nothing I have seen tells me Diaz is below Maldy when it comes to the act of being a catcher. Dusty plays him so sparingly that he must believe he's some major liability waiting to happen behind the plate. It hasn't happened.
Now that Maldy has been exposed by the Padres I fully expect more teams to run like crazy on him until he can prove he can throw them out...it's like the NFL, once they find a weakness it will be exploited over and over until you fix it.

Normally I would expect a manager to take action to ensure it doesn't cost us down the road, especially in the playoffs, but....sigh.

Also, if Maldy has such a great rapport with pitchers why isn't he telling them to hold runners better so he has a chance to throw them out...at least that's the excuse Donkey is giving, it's the pitcher's fault (which can be true but doesn't explain why Diaz is throwing them out at a nice clip).
Padres didn't expose anything this week. Maldy has been crap defensively behind the plate the entire year which is which he's damn near last in every defensive stat possible.

You realize both things can be true, right. Yes, he's sucked all year defensively but this is the first team that really put an emphasis on exploiting it. I expect more teams to do the same until we prove we can stop it.
AustinCountyAg
Prosperdick said:

AustinCountyAg said:

Prosperdick said:

AggiEE said:

Prosperdick said:

AggiEE said:

JV
Framber
France?
Javier?

Brown to the bullpen for long relief along with Urquidy? SP is definitely our weakest link after the top 2. France has done really well this season but you wonder how he'd do come playoffs.

Luckily you can get by in the playoffs with less starters so this isn't totally disastrous, but we really need to maximize those JV/Framber games which is why it's awful that Dusty never has Diaz catch with them.
Has anyone asked him why Diaz hasn't caught either one of them yet for some familiarity for the playoffs? He has to know Maldy could get injured or is that just fan stuff?

Apparently it's only fine for Maldy to get used to working with Brown/France, but Diaz role just continues to diminish DESPITE him throwing runners out more, less runs being scored in his games, better pitch framing, and we all know the massively better hitting.

I just don't get it. Nothing I have seen tells me Diaz is below Maldy when it comes to the act of being a catcher. Dusty plays him so sparingly that he must believe he's some major liability waiting to happen behind the plate. It hasn't happened.
Now that Maldy has been exposed by the Padres I fully expect more teams to run like crazy on him until he can prove he can throw them out...it's like the NFL, once they find a weakness it will be exploited over and over until you fix it.

Normally I would expect a manager to take action to ensure it doesn't cost us down the road, especially in the playoffs, but....sigh.

Also, if Maldy has such a great rapport with pitchers why isn't he telling them to hold runners better so he has a chance to throw them out...at least that's the excuse Donkey is giving, it's the pitcher's fault (which can be true but doesn't explain why Diaz is throwing them out at a nice clip).
Padres didn't expose anything this week. Maldy has been crap defensively behind the plate the entire year which is which he's damn near last in every defensive stat possible.

You realize both things can be true, right. Yes, he's sucked all year defensively but this is the first team that really put an emphasis on exploiting it. I expect more teams to do the same until we prove we can stop it.
I disagree. Every team the entire year has been exploiting him when they are able. Sometimes it may appear more obvious than others, but either way teams have been taking advantage of him all season.
Ciboag96
Line up of death vs the Oakland Lasties?
texasaggie2015
AG
The good news is from what I've heard Maldonado won't be on the roster next year.... as a player at least.
Hulla Baller
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

The good news is from what I've heard Maldonado won't be on the roster next year.... as a player at least.
I wouldn't mind if the Astros hired him on as a coach or as a consultant. He can still help the pitchers prepare for games, just not behind the plate though.
BayAg_14
We are going to blow by the length of last years thread. We added 1000 pages in the post season alone last year. What is the reason for the increase? More interaction? More to complain about?
k20dub
AG
BayAg_14 said:

We are going to blow by the length of last years thread. We added 1000 pages in the post season alone last year. What is the reason for the increase? More interaction? More to complain about?
I would say 35% of the posts in this thread are about the lineup one way or another.
rtpAggie
texasaggie2015 said:

well no **** because Dusty wont be the head coach and hes the only thing keeping him around
Mathguy64
AG
BayAg_14 said:

This year we have 18% more tits.
aggie813
We gotta pump those numbers up!
3B Paul 97
AG
BayAg_14 said:

More folks come out the woodwork to post how all is doomed if we go down 1-2-3 in the first inning of the first game. Lots of usernames that haven't been around for the regular season.
texasaggie2015
AG
Hulla Baller said:

texasaggie2015 said:

I wouldn't mind if the Astros hired him on as a coach or as a consultant. He can still help the pitchers prepare for games, just not behind the plate though.
Yeah, from what I've heard the Astros want him on the staff in some capacity and they've already had conversations about it.
bek.90
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

So I assume the plan is to sign a veteran as back-up catcher?
CoachAg19
AG
Prosperdick said:

AustinCountyAg said:

Prosperdick said:

AggiEE said:

Prosperdick said:

AggiEE said:

JV
Framber
France?
Javier?

Definitely not true. There have been multiple teams do it. Seattle was the most recent before SD.
All I do is Nguyen
Mathguy64 said:

BayAg_14 said:

texasaggie2015
AG
Don't be surprised if it's Cesar Salazar.. the Astros love his preparation and game calling. If not him, then yeah, I would assume they sign a cheap vet.
Farmer1906
AG
On a weirder note, my family went to a carnival with some local make-a-wish kids we help out with. They were riding bumper rides. An older man, he might have been mentally challenged, kept ramming this one 5-year-old boy wearing an Astros World Champion shirt I bought him. Needless to say, this guy celebrated like he won the World Series afterwards. What a sad, pathetic, loser.
Marvin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

On a weirder note, my family went to a carnival with some local make-a-wish kids we help out with. They were riding bumper rides. An older man, he might have been mentally challenged, kept ramming this one 5-year-old boy wearing an Astros World Champion shirt I bought him. Needless to say, this guy celebrated like he won the World Series afterwards. What a sad, pathetic, loser.

I LOL'd.

(read the Rangerette thread)
JDUB08AG
AG
Farmer1906 said:

texasaggie2015
AG
Will Astros hire a baseball executive above GM Dana Brown? Astros notes - The Athletic

Chandler touches on both the potential President of Baseball Operations hire and Hector Neris... mentioning the impact he has on the clubhouse. Both things I've posted about here over the last couple weeks.
The Milkman
AG
Prosperdick said:

Bag said:

Seattle in a dog fight to just make the playoffs, crazy that the rangers are only 0.5 games out
Perfect world, both the Seahags and rangerettes miss the playoffs entirely.
That would be pretty difficult at this point
Marvin
AG
The Milkman said:

Prosperdick said:

Bag said:

Seattle in a dog fight to just make the playoffs, crazy that the rangers are only 0.5 games out
Perfect world, both the Seahags and rangerettes miss the playoffs entirely.
That would be pretty difficult at this point

Cora needs to up his cheating game.
scd88
AG
Or last 6 games will be interesting as those two teams will likely be fighting for wild card spots. Shoot, if we don't take off business, Seattle might be fighting for the division.

This week is really important for us.
houag78
AG
Agree. If we go 11-7 we finish w 93 wins - very doable w our schedule.
Seattle needs to go 14-5 to get to 93 wins - very tough w their schedule.
With 9 games against A's and Royals, we just need to take care of business!
Farmer1906
AG
What a loser.

He gets roasted.

He apologized after all the backlash.

Faustus
Mathguy64 said:

BayAg_14 said:

We've been better this year about keeping everyone abreast of the team.
Mathguy64
AG
Maybe he should change into his Russian gangster suit.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
jetch17 said:

They've all moved on to pulling their puds to the cowboys now

Can confirm. Was sent this as a reply to the original meme about the astros
The Beef01
AG
TAMUworkingAG said:

The Beef01 said:

TAMUworkingAG said:

The Beef01 said:

TAMUworkingAG said:

I was looking at Mariners schedule and I HATE to say it, but they could win almost every series, with several likely sweeps. Doesn't look good for Astros. Our only hope is for the pitching to get much better, we lost one of our best relievers with Ankle problem which doesnt help at all
You didn't actually think about this at all before you posted it, did you?

Yes l, and I'm correct too, apparently you didn't look at the Mariners schedule did you. They have easiest schedule left compared to Astros, Rangers are done
When Mariners win the conference come back and see me, I think Mariners will have at least a 5 game lead when season is over, come on back and reply here when it happens

Answering here only made it worse…clearly you're not an Astros fan; you've never posted on this thread.

Do you have any idea what would have to transpire for the Mariners to win the division by 5 games?? You're also predicting the team who just lost 4 of 6 to the Mets & Reds to be almost perfect over 16 games against the Rays, Dodgers, Rangers and Astros. (Also, no slip-ups against the A's or Angels)

BTW - There's no metric by which you can defend the "easiest schedule" claim based on that schedule I just gave you.

Your wrong, I'm a huge Astros and baseball fan and the Mariners play the Rangers more than any other team for the few weeks left. The way the Rangers pitched they may not win another game. Mariners definitely have easier schedule than Astros. There is no doubt Mariners pitching will come out on top at seasons end. Am I missing something or did mariners just sweep Astros? And did Astros just dominate and sweep Rangers. As many times as the Mariners play Rangers between now and seasons end I think mariners win all those games, that alone wins the Mariners the title. Astros are my favorite team, I don't miss a game and our pitching is no where near as good as it needs to be this year. I hate to say it but Mariners pitching is much better than Astros and much much much better than Rangers. Rangers are done. Astros lost one of our best relief pitchers with ankle problem at possibly the worst time of the year. No need to argue, let it play out and you will see the Mariners win it. I don't like it but that's the way it's panning out.
Can we get an update on this brilliance?

So, is the belief still that I'm going to be returning, hat-in-hand, in a few weeks after:

Astros go 9-9 against the gauntlet that is A's(3), Royals(6), Orioles(3), Mariners(3), D-Backs(3)

Mariners go 17-2 against the cakewalk that is Angels(3), Dodgers(3), A's(3), Rangers(7), Astros(3)

Beat40
Poster was a troll.
Beat40
Silent For Too Long said:

All we have to do is win them all and we have another 100 win season.
I'm in!
First Page Last Page
Page 2238 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.