***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,513,849 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Beat40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aggiederelict said:

And he has had two major elbow surgeries and his career is in jeopardy. Bulldog mentality can be good but also can be why you are always hurt.

I'll always take the bulldog who wants the ball in big moments. Killers are hard to come by.
W
AG
the Astros went 14-12 in April...and 13-14 in June --- their worst 2 months of the season

if the 'stros somehow miss the playoffs...they missed because of the 1st half of the year...especially all the losses to the bad Central division teams

and of course the month of June was when the 'stros handed over the tiebreaker to the Blue Jays

------
if the 'stros make the playoffs, but don't win the division...that's because of going 1-6 vs. the Mariners at MMP
W
AG
that sounded like Kirby was making a "business decision"

he's a long way from free agency though --- not until after the 2028 season
houag78
AG
I think it takes 93 wins to win the division. We get there by winning (2-1) all remaining series except- we sweep Royals (or A's) once, and we lose to O's and M's 1-2. That assumes Mariners don't smoke the Rangers badly (I have them going 4-3). I also have the M's 1-2 vs Dodgers (don't think LA will have clinched by next weekend - still something to play for). Lots of moving parts!
EastCoastAgNc
AG
JohnnyTexAg1995
Welp Diaz and Chas back to the bench after one bad game
AgLA06
AG
I'm not watching today. You put out that crap lineup on a day there's college football and I'm watching something else.

Hope they win despite of Dusty.
redline248
AG
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Wouldn't have mattered if they combined for 8 hits last night.
JDUB08AG
AG
So does Diaz only catch France now? We are regressing on his starts behind the plate. Unreal.
f1ghtintexasaggie
Big brain gonna ride AND die with his insane lineup constructions. Numbers be damned. Just gotta hope the players can overcome.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
f1ghtintexasaggie said:

Big brain gonna ride or die with his insane lineup constructions. Numbers be damned. Just gotta hope the players can overcome.

That's fan stuff, dusty doesn't need our help managing.
Marvin
AG
Yep, hope the team wins and will look forward to the highlights. Here's to the team overcoming the lineup holes yet again.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
FrioAg 00
AG
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

It doesn't matter what kind of game they have. He's benched then after huge nights, and 0-for's. There is zero correlation.

2 of the top 5/6 hitters on the damn team, both young guys who don't need off time, and he will not let the have any consistent playing time.

He plays an overweight, over-the-hill catcher start every night when he can't throw out even the slowest batters, but these guys in their 20s can't seem to play back to back nights.
Boiling Denim
Thanks Dusty!
Mathguy64
AG
I wish Tuck had some protection. Frankly watching what teams have done to Yordan the last 2 nights pitching around him I'm not sure that Bregman is protecting Yordan.
houag78
AG
Yep, Yordan w 8 walks last 4 games. Also hate to see Peรฑa in front of him - YA led off the inning 3 times last night. What a waste.
maca1028
I'm so ready for Dusty to be gone. He's ruined my hype for Espada too. At this point I don't want anyone from this current staff as the next manager.
Prosperdick
AG
JDUB08AG said:

So does Diaz only catch France now? We are regressing on his starts behind the plate. Unreal.
Yup, instead of Maldy being Framber's personal catcher France has his in Diaz. So every walk our pitchers give immediately turns into a double or even a triple.

The book is out on Maldy, he's butter knife and they will run wild either through steals or passed balls and Donkey will tell us all to thank him later. Maldy brings all the intangibles like dead last in passed balls, throwing runners out at a 15% clip (or worse, too depressed to check), dead last in framing pitches, and a strike out and double play machine.

If only we had a good hitting catcher who could actually throw runners out...oh well, dare to dream I guess.
Ciboag96
What happened to Tucker raking in front of Alvarez? That worked like a charm for a good while.
gambochaman
AG
**** krusty baker
Prosperdick
AG
Ciboag96 said:

What happened to Tucker raking in front of Alvarez? That worked like a charm for a good while.
It did but Donkey must split lefties up, it's science. The way Tucker has been scuffling it would make a lot of sense to bat him 3rd and Yordan clean-up but that's just fan stuff.
gambochaman
AG
Ciboag96 said:

Krusty baker happened
f1ghtintexasaggie
maca1028 said:

I'm so ready for Dusty to be gone. He's ruined my hype for Espada too. At this point I don't want anyone from this current staff as the next manager.

What do you expect Espada to do?
maca1028
I liked the prospect of him taking over but I'm afraid he'll use some Dusty's tactics. Hopefully I'm wrong if he is in fact the next man for the job.
AggiEE
EastCoastAgNc said:

Good to see Dusty is still putting together Spring Training lineups
Bigballin
AG
AggiEE said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Chas must have come in overweight

FU Dusty
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
After Dusty Brough him some puddin
redline248
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

After Dusty Brough him some puddin
Probably the it in the trash
AggiEE
Bigballin said:

AggiEE said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Chas must have come in overweight

FU Dusty

Martin Maldonado is sitting at a slim 265 pounds on his new all burrito diet
Beau Holder
AG
Jays and Mariners both on track to win. No time left to no-show at home.
Bioish
AG
Too much Banana Pudding for Chas last nightโ€ฆ
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Well hopefully the astros can win tonight, because the ags are ass my dude
Marvin
AG
Now I remember why I loved playoff baseball in Houston. Please save our Saturday, Astros!
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Chill the F out. It's halftime and we led most of the game. For F sake, done being negative Aggie attitude to this board
Mathguy64
AG
After more than 40 years of watching aggie football, I have learned to temper my expectations. I used to live and die by it. Now I just drink good bourbon, sit back and relax.
First Page Last Page
Page 2215 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.