***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,507,257 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
BadAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bag said:

In dusty we trusty?

Cromagnum
AG
BadAggie said:

Lol they're on to Pitchcom hacking on the other thread

LOL. Cheat codes.
Bag
AG
Cromagnum said:

BadAggie said:

LOL. Cheat codes.
saw that, next up, direct energy weapons
AustinCountyAg
just want to acknowledge Chandlers article as a plus and the writing on the wall that this is Dusty's last season (thank god). These same type of tid bits around Click started coming ahead around this time last year publicly in the news citing anonymous FO staff.

Dusty's desire and willingness to purposely not play certain players in order to prove he was right and that the team can win without them (Chaz/Diaz) in the lineup is beyond ridiculous. Flirting with fire simply because he's a stuck up old fart.
LarryElder
pour one out for gigemjth
Cromagnum
AG
Cromagnum
AG
LarryElder said:

For a laughy face icon on one of the dumbest posts over there no less.
LarryElder
Cromagnum said:

LarryElder said:

For a laughy face icon on one of the dumbest posts over there no less.
such sensitive babies its hilarious.
texasaggie2015
AG
Reminder: I got my posts deleted and warned to not post there again for talking about the deadline moves. No trolling, smack talk, or anything. Just a normal baseball conversation about the Max and JV trades.

Just don't post. It's not worth it.
The Kraken
AG
The Arlington thread is comedy gold! STAFF! STAFF!
Cromagnum
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Reminder: I got my posts deleted and warned to not post there again for talking about the deadline moves. No trolling, smack talk, or anything. Just a normal baseball conversation about the Max and JV trades.

Just don't post. It's not worth it.

I haven't done it this season but accidentally made a comment there last season (that wasn't even about the Rangers) and got a 24 hour ban.

Do we even do that **** over here? I think I would just make fun of any Ranger that chirped in here. Besides the thread derail it's not that big a deal.
Texaggie7nine
There is a smack talking thread for a reason. I would report any Ranger fan posting on this thread while we were losing and I commend them for doing the same. It's just ahole behavior to poke at them on their own thread.
7nine
gigemJTH12
AG
BadAggie said:

I went and quoted this and just put a laughing emoji. no text.

staff deleted post but didnt ban me. and they are upset I am not banned lol
Cromagnum
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

There is a smack talking thread for a reason. I would report any Ranger fan posting on this thread while we were losing and I commend them for doing the same. It's just ahole behavior to poke at them on their own thread.
I don't disagree with you. But you can literally write ANYTHING in that thread, even if it's a genuine discussion that has nothing to do with Astros-Rangers, and if you are outed as an Astro...banned.
texasaggie2015
AG
Yeah, it was really weird because I was genuinely just talking baseball like we do over here. Mr Gigem comes over here to do the same sometimes (or at least he did) and nothing would ever happen. That's why I assumed it was fine. Don't see how it's any different. It was just bizarre all around.

Anyways- I'm over it and don't really care that much- just letting you guys know so nobody gets banned and misses out on the stretch run.
Farmer1906
AG
They have gotten to the point where any post from a non-Ranger means they want you banned regardless of context. I have no problem leaving them alone if they're that sensitive. Let them have their safe space.
Texaggie7nine
Cromagnum said:

Texaggie7nine said:

I don't disagree with you. But you can literally write ANYTHING in that thread, even if it's a genuine discussion that has nothing to do with Astros-Rangers, and if you are outed as an Astro...banned.

It's touchy. I know on yhe Rockets thread, Guitarsoup is barely tolerated because he is somewhat a Rockets fan after his main love the Spurs. Just seeing his posts when we are playing the spurs and especially losing can be infuriating because you know he's getting enjoyment out of Rockets losing. Makes sense to ban fans of other teams except for an occasional good hearted comment of congratulations or something.
7nine
gigemJTH12
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

it aint that serious
Mathguy64
AG
Yall need to not post in that thread. And for lurking Rangers, do the same here.

The more trolling you do, the angrier the Mods/Staff will be cleaning things up. And the last thing you want is a ban during the postseason or worse the thread locked. They let us get away with a lot here (rally tits anyone?) and we dont want to lose the privileges.

Post there for anything less than a clear and obviously genuine question (like where to eat) and I have no sympathy if you get popped.
Texaggie7nine
Some people get emotionally tied up to their team. Crazy concept I know. When your team is doing bad, It's not fun to have rival team fans around. I know being at the games when losing having to sit near opponent fans enjoying themselves extra loudly is torture for me if the my team is doing way worse than expected.
7nine
LarryElder
The Kraken said:

The Arlington thread is comedy gold! STAFF! STAFF!
These are grown men apparently.
cone
AG
those bros on that thread are bonkers
Beat40
Texaggie7nine said:

Some people get emotionally tied up to their team. Crazy concept I know. When your team is doing bad, It's not fun to have rival team fans around. I know being at the games when losing having to sit near opponent fans enjoying themselves extra loudly is torture for me if the my team is doing way worse than expected.

Except it's childish and being a baby to tell people they can't post on their board if they are doing it in good faith just because your team isn't doing well.

They did the same thing when they were leading the division by 6.5 games, too. So it's not just they're salty when losing. It's they're sensitive babies.
tjack16
AG
Maybe the rangers fans shouldn't have been so quick to trash talk in April - June when the entire league knows the Astros shouldn't be underestimated
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Cromagnum said:

BadAggie said:

LOL. Cheat codes.

It wouldn't surprise me if pitchcom was hackable. I vaguely remember an article that pointed out they were using really old encryption algorithms that could be reverse engineered and have already been cracked in other use cases, but you would need a lot of computing power to do it quickly. I highly doubt the Astros are carrying supercomputers on the truck when they go on the road.

I do think it's only a matter of time (if it hasn't happened already) before some team figures out how to hack them at home games.
Prosperdick
AG
Looks like the Arlington dork on the fan show didn't even show up...probably crying in a corner somewhere.
Beat40
EastCoastAgNc said:

Cromagnum said:

BadAggie said:

LOL. Cheat codes.

It wouldn't surprise me if pitchcom was hackable. I vaguely remember an article that pointed out they were using really old encryption algorithms that could be reverse engineered and have already been cracked in other use cases, but you would need a lot of computing power to do it quickly. I highly doubt the Astros are carrying supercomputers on the truck when they go on the road.

I do think it's only a matter of time (if it hasn't happened already) before some team figures out how to hack them at home games.

Braves figured it out.
gigemJTH12
AG
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/38298039/mlb-houston-astros-texas-rangers-biggest-lone-star-state-series
FrioAg 00
AG
For what it's worth, the Astors odds of winning the WS have mostly closed the gap with the dodgers ?basically tied for 2nd best odds) behind Atlanta.

And of note: at no point in this season did Vegas think the Rangers had as good of a good chance
PhatMack19
AG
Mariners v Rays 4 game series starts today. Are we rooting for a Rays sweep? Or at least 3-1 series win for the Rays?
astros4545
AG
PhatMack19 said:

Mariners v Rays 4 game series starts today. Are we rooting for a Rays sweep? Or at least 3-1 series win for the Rays?

Rays sweep
Cromagnum
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Cromagnum said:

BadAggie said:

LOL. Cheat codes.

Is it doable? Maybe. Is it likely though? You still need to decrypt it and still get the message to the batter in time in a non-obvious way.
fullback44
AG
PhatMack19 said:

I would think pull for a Rays sweep, they are the first team out for the Wild Card, its harder to catch them anyway, let Seattle fall behind more and then wish for a split between the Rangers and Seattle
Beat40
astros4545 said:

PhatMack19 said:

Rays sweep

Yeah. I'm rooting for whatever gives the Astros the best chance to win the division. I'd rather start the post season in the ALDS than a wildcard series.
BadAggie
AG
Rangers started Heaney who the Astros are familiar with, Eovaldi the same who was also coming off the IL without a rehab assignment, and a Scherzer who has had some arm trouble recently. Plus their bullpen struggles aren't new.

It's not exactly rocket science why the Astros feasted on their staff.

First Page Last Page
Page 2189 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.