***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,507,230 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
gigemJTH12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bag said:

I wish all the F* Dusty stuff would settle down, it is toxic, say your piece and let it go, it is really hard to argue with the way this offense is playing right now, Dubon and Maldi included
and we are still fighting for the division and to a lesser extent a playoff spot

Diaz and Chas are two of the best hitters in the league at their position and they have sat behind much worse bats for a lot of the year

the criticism is absolutely warranted.
Beerosch
AG
Bag said:

I wish all the F* Dusty stuff would settle down, it is toxic, say your piece and let it go, it is really hard to argue with the way this offense is playing right now, Dubon and Maldi included
When a manager doesn't put his best pieces out there, and he's is holding them back for what appears to be nothing more than personal preference, it's extremely frustrating. Although we played very well that series the managerial malpractice will catch up again, and it has bit us at times over the course of the season. So **** Dusty. He's nothing more than a bitter old man with his heels dug in who feels emboldened by a ring he didn't deserve.
AgLA06
AG
Bag said:

That doesn't mean it's the right option. It could have meant the difference in the Boston or Yankie series. We're finally in first, but not because we've had consistency because of Dusty. Quite the opposite. Just look at our last 6 series.

You are really naive if you don't think it's a major issue. The media articles aren't coming to light about Chas because the front office or the team is happy about him and Diaz not playing. Just look at how the dugout reacted after Chaz hit his home run last night.

So you can bury your head in the sand if you'd like, but Dusty's malpractice is the most relevant topic for this team going down the home stretch. And if it doesn't get fixed, will stop this team from repeating.
Bag
AG
Maldi is hot right now, 1.011 OPS over his last 15 games
Dubon is hot right now 1.025 OPS over his last 15 games

Take a breath from the pot banging, enjoy the ride for a moment
AgLA06
AG
Bag said:

That's nice. How'd they do the rest of the season? 15 games mean nothing. Especially in the playoffs and down the stretch. Just ask the Rangers.

Diaz and Chaz have been hotter for the entire year and got less playing time. So if you want to go based on statistics, you aren't correct in your take.
Bag
AG
AgLA06 said:

Bag said:

That's nice. How'd they do the rest of the season? 15 games mean nothing. Especially in the playoffs and down the stretch. Just ask the Rangers.

Diaz and Chaz have been hotter for the entire year and got less playing time. So if you want to go based on statistics, you aren't correct in your take.
enjoy the vitriol, some people are happiest when they are the most miserable, tough way to go through life
texasaggie2015
AG
I think there's a big difference between criticism (which is warranted) and the constant profanity laced tirades and name calling which are honestly childish and get really old. That's what some of us grow tired of and one of the reasons I haven't spent as much time on this thread as I did earlier in the season.

I get frustration and I absolutely agree with a huge majority of the criticism. It's absolutely valid and I've said a hundred times that I'm not a Dusty guy by any stretch. But the profanity and constant name calling and "**** Donkey!!!!" throughout the day is what's so draining... at least IMO.
gigemJTH12
AG
I never cussed about him until today. the Chas article warrants it, IMO.

Farmer1906
AG
Bag said:

Unless they changed something that will continue moving forward, this is the hot hand fallacy.
Post removed:
by user
texasaggie2015
AG
I wasn't talking about you specifically. Just meant in general.

And I agree- if that article is true (and from what I've been told it is) then that's absolutely ridiculous.
redline248
AG
The mistake being made is grouping every single critical post of Dusty in the same basket. Not everything is vitriol, and the majority of it is absolutely valid.
West Roxbury
Managing weight loss during the season is a big issue, especially for younger players. Even as stationary as baseball can be at times, the 162 game schedule of batting practice and bursts and base running and travel etc etc can be a struggle for some players. Bryce Harper talks about that early career eye opening in-season weight loss sometimes.
texasaggie2015
AG
I actually said that the criticism is valid numerous times already. I don't have a problem with the criticism. Maybe I wasn't clear.
RED AG 98
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Bag said:

Unless they changed something that will continue moving forward, this is the hot hand fallacy.
And as you stated so well prior to the game yesterday, project the numbers for their next 15 .
There is zero in their history that suggests those are remotely sustainable.
redline248
AG
Just leave it to Dusty to focus on an approximate 8-10 pound difference. Just goes back to his idea of what a CF should look like.

Chas you got fat and it made you slower, sit down. Chas looks at Maldonado...
redline248
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I actually said that the criticism is valid numerous times already. I don't have a problem with the criticism. Maybe I wasn't clear.
I should have responded directly to bag
Cromagnum
AG
Which one of you degenerates did this? LOL

Post removed:
by user
Bob Lee
AG
RED AG 98 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Bag said:

And as you stated so well prior to the game yesterday, project the numbers for their next 15 .
There is zero in their history that suggests those are remotely sustainable.

McCormick has an OPS of 5.000 over the last 1 games. He could not possibly be hotter right now. Dusty is out of excuses.
Prosperdick
AG
AgLA06 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Yeah- this checks out and aligns with what I've heard. I believe I posted a few months ago that Dusty wasn't a fan of the way Chas goes about things. This is a part of it.
Guys who didn't have all the talent in the world and had to work their ass off to compete despise guys that can just show up and show out. I know I did.

What matters is they show up on time, aren't a cancer in the locker room and show out when needed. That's it. That's what you're paying them to do.

You aren't paying them to work out X amount or get there so many hours early. Yah, it be great, but you'd also have to pay them a lot more if they did.

So shut up Dusty, stop projecting, and play the best damn players on the team that give us the best chance to win.
I have a feeling Donkey would have played Ty Cobb around the same amount of games he's played Chas. Ty was a first class ass**** and imagine if he put on a few pounds, to the bench you go.
Ags #1
AG
How does chas go about things? Is he calling him lazy?
RED AG 98
AG
Prosperdick said:

AgLA06 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Yeah- this checks out and aligns with what I've heard. I believe I posted a few months ago that Dusty wasn't a fan of the way Chas goes about things. This is a part of it.
Guys who didn't have all the talent in the world and had to work their ass off to compete despise guys that can just show up and show out. I know I did.

What matters is they show up on time, aren't a cancer in the locker room and show out when needed. That's it. That's what you're paying them to do.

You aren't paying them to work out X amount or get there so many hours early. Yah, it be great, but you'd also have to pay them a lot more if they did.

So shut up Dusty, stop projecting, and play the best damn players on the team that give us the best chance to win.
I have a feeling Donkey would have played Ty Cobb around the same amount of games he's played Chas. Ty was a first class ass**** and imagine if he put on a few pounds, to the bench you go.
"Ya know, he just doesn't look like a centerfielder. He's short, stocky, not rangy or lanky at all." DB, on not playing Trout (probably)
AggieJ2002
AG
https://www.si.com/mlb/2017/08/29/astros-rangers-series-florida-ruins-unifying-games

Never forget this ... The Rangers deserve all the bad karma they are getting
LarryElder
LOL I found it I knew this **** would be spewed on their thread.

Quote:

This is what made me dislike the Astros. I use to root for both teams but that was my first introduction into "Houston hates Dallas but Dallas doesn't hate Houston or even really care for that matter."

Also, what is it about their thread that is so sacred did Jesus post there once they get really pissy think a few astros posters have met the ban hammer. Rangers fans are suck crybabies.
LarryElder
AggieJ2002 said:

https://www.si.com/mlb/2017/08/29/astros-rangers-series-florida-ruins-unifying-games

This they are ****ty origination with awful fat fans they deserve everything thing bad coming their way.
texasaggie2015
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I'll chime in with what I know.

Dusty is a super old school guy and he has a super old school approach to managing. If you don't do things his way, he's not going to like you.

The Astros have a ton of gym rats on the team. Altuve, Bregman, Brantley, Yordan, Dubon, Peña are all known for their work ethics. They fit well with Dusty's approach. Chas is a little different. He's a good dude and he's liked in the clubhouse but he doesn't have the same mentality those other guys have. But hey… he still performs. Some guys just have different approaches and that's fine. But when you have an old school skipper like Dusty, it may rub him the wrong way.

There may be more to the story here, but that's about all I know/am willing to put out on a message board. Bottom line… I think Dusty needs to get over it.

Here's what I posted in June.

And I want to be clear. I've never heard a bad thing about his work ethic. I've heard his approach and the way he goes about things are different than most others in the clubhouse. That doesn't mean it's a bad thing. The dude performs.
Satellite of Love
AggieJ2002 said:

And they didn't even make the playoffs. Their greedyness cost them more than they will know.
Prosperdick
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

I'll chime in with what I know.

Dusty is a super old school guy and he has a super old school approach to managing. If you don't do things his way, he's not going to like you.

The Astros have a ton of gym rats on the team. Altuve, Bregman, Brantley, Yordan, Dubon, Peña are all known for their work ethics. They fit well with Dusty's approach. Chas is a little different. He's a good dude and he's liked in the clubhouse but he doesn't have the same mentality those other guys have. But hey… he still performs. Some guys just have different approaches and that's fine. But when you have an old school skipper like Dusty, it may rub him the wrong way.

There may be more to the story here, but that's about all I know/am willing to put out on a message board. Bottom line… I think Dusty needs to get over it.

Here's what I posted in June.

And I want to be clear. I've never heard a bad thing about his work ethic. I've heard his approach and the way he goes about things are different than most others in the clubhouse. That doesn't mean it's a bad thing. The dude performs.
This makes me think of Bull Durham and Nuke's disgusting moldy shower shoes. Crash gives him crap and says: You'll never make it to the bigs with fungus on your shower shoes. Think classy, you'll be classy. If you win 20 in the show, you can let the fungus grow back and the press'll think you're colorful."

The point being if you kick ass in the show it doesn't matter if you're a slob, you're producing. Unfortunately for Chas being VERY productive just isn't enough. It's maddening and I just don't understand.

If Chas lollygagged on grounders and didn't try to beat out throws (heck, he slid into first the other day, which probably wasn't smart but certainly wouldn't be considered loafing) I could see him getting benched as punishment. I've seen so called "gamers" not run out routine grounders that could have been hits with a bad throw or bobble but I can't recall that with Chas.

It's frustrating and my apologies to the board for venting through a derogatory nickname but it is what it is.
BadAggie
AG
Lol they're on to Pitchcom hacking on the other thread
zoneag
BadAggie said:

Lol they're on to Pitchcom hacking on the other thread
Yeah, the Astros have hacked into their encrypted bluetooth. It's the only explanation for their thrashing.
Red Five
AG
Ranger ****s driving to work today thinking about those mean old Trashtros cheating again by hAcKInG our sacred pitchcom devices.

Prosperdick
AG
Satellite of Love said:

AggieJ2002 said:

And they didn't even make the playoffs. Their greedyness cost them more than they will know.
They actually think there were in the right and magnanimous by offering to let us play our home games in their stadium as if all their fans would root for us and it would give us that home field advantage.

What absolute horse**** and they even promised to give us gate receipts...it's not about money you dips***s but what do you expect of the $30,000 millionaires that litter the city, of course they think it was about money.
Bag
AG
In dusty we trusty?
AgLA06
AG
Bag said:

AgLA06 said:

Bag said:

enjoy the vitriol, some people are happiest when they are the most miserable, tough way to go through life
If you think any of this is "vitriol" I don't know what you tell you. This is still a discussion board even if YOU don't want to discuss it.
First Page Last Page
Page 2188 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.