***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,512,802 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

This is trash from dusty ... "Yeah I made a terrible decision, but hey, it's not my fault we lost, we blew it way before the end"

He's wrong again. The difference between L/R is much less than ".100 OPS points"

BadAggie
AG
No better momentum killers than playing at home and Dusty making decisions.
tremble
AG
Maybe we would have done ok if Abreu wasn't magically inserted into the 5 spot over Chas, Brantley, or Diaz. Or if Dubon wasn't leading off.

How the **** this guy still has a job blows my mind.
agdaddy04
AG
Rockies pitcher choking. Had play at plate on wild pitch and never could control ball. Tying run on for Jays. Never knew there were so many jays fans that travel. Doesn't help that blue is terrible
tjack16
AG
I'd actually like the blue jays to win and knock the rangers out.
spadilly
S
Fire Dusty tonight.
redline248
AG
tremble said:

Maybe we would have done ok if Abreu wasn't magically inserted into the 5 spot over Chas, Brantley, or Diaz. Or if Dubon wasn't leading off.

This is the kid of sh-t that makes his arbitrary use of things like OPS so maddening. He doesn't really give a crap about it.
tjack16
AG
gambochaman
AG
He only uses stats when he makes a bonehead in game decision and then tries to justify it and is generally wrong about the stats anyway

Its never ever his fault
EastCoastAgNc
AG
tjack16 said:

Lots of likes too
Ag_07
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

When the town drunk is right there's issues.
Wabs
AG
All started when our WS winning CFer didn't see the field the first 2 games of the season.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
tremble said:

Dubon clanking the DP ball I the 5th I think was the killer.
W
AG
so here are the season losses:

58 - Mariners
60 - Astros
60 - Rangers
62 - Blue Jays

Toronto will be playing 3 games vs. the A's, while the Astros and Rangers are playing in Arlington starting on Monday
AggiEE
Pinch hitting for Chas when he almost never pinch hits for Maldy once we get to the pen is just insanity

Dusty really does play to favorites over facts and reason
W
AG
you know things have gone awry this season....

Dubon has 430 plate appearances / 408 at-bats

that was not the plan way back in spring training
agdaddy04
AG
Yep. Win w/o that error
AggiEE
W said:

you know things have gone awry this season....

Dubon has 430 plate appearances / 408 at-bats

that was not the plan way back in spring training

Altuve, Alvarez, and Brantley being injured hurts, and requires a bit more liberal use of Dubon. He should be batting 8th or 9th when he's in though.
W
AG
by the way...

after tonight's game....Yordan became the team leader in HBP with 10
BadAggie
AG

JDUB08AG
AG
In fairness Dubon did give us way more than any reasonable expectation in Altuve's absence
cc10106
2-8 = last 10 home games
11-14 = last 25 @ home
39-15 = difference in runs scored last 2 series w/ SEA
1-6 = record against SEA @ home

Is this really a playoff worthy team?
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Yea that's not a fair comparison, he didn't get those in stupid and unnecessary starts.

He was the starting 2nd baseman and hitting like a member of the big red machine for 2 months of the season.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Some tweets liked by chas's brother:

tjack16
AG
Do all those fangraphs AL West predictions take the Dusty effect into account?
Cynic
That pinch hit last night was the final straw on Dusty. He proved without a doubt that he is a liability to this team.
Panama Red
AG
Perhaps I am the one being a cynic, but it feels like Dusty was using this as an opportunity to hit back at analytics. I read that he said the number said Singleton would do better.

This is obviously a situation where you "ignore the numbers". It was a terrible move no doubt.
Boiling Denim
Panama Red said:

Perhaps I am the one being a cynic, but it feels like Dusty was using this as an opportunity to hit back at analytics. I read that he said the number said Singleton would do better.

This is obviously a situation where you "ignore the numbers". It was a terrible move no doubt.

Whatever formula that was used to generate a .275 average for any possible scenario involving Singleton needs to be tossed out as it's clearly not based in any reality
West Roxbury
cc10106 said:

2-8 = last 10 home games
11-14 = last 25 @ home
39-15 = difference in runs scored last 2 series w/ SEA
1-6 = record against SEA @ home

Is this really a playoff worthy team?

I know Houston has more mannerly fans than on the East Coast, but there are times that I wouldn't mind it if our fans let our team hear about it. Quit crapping in the bed at home. Teams are getting way too comfortable in this ballpark. If you get swept by a bad Yankees team today, there should be some boos. Does it fix anything? Likely not and I get that. But damn, set a standard and play good ball at home.

I seem to recall a few years back when we had a season with lower offensive production at home that the front office was looking into centerfield hitters background and all sorts of things about playing at home. It was an interview with somebody on the radio may have been Luhnow but the conclusion was they couldn't find anything wrong and even talked to the players. But something is weird.
tjack16
AG
So we really need to win 3 of the next 4. Can't afford to get swept at home and/or lose the series against the Rangers.
agproducer
AG
On top of Dusty's bad managing, this seems like a classic case of looking ahead and overlooking the Yankees. The team know how important the Rangers series is, and they likely thought they'd take 2 of 3 from the Yankees. What they didn't expect was New York calling up a lot of prospects that want to win in the majors.
txag614
I miss AJ Hinch.
Beau Holder
AG

Dies Irae
Dusty is a petulant, incompetent old fart, who points to his old records before the advent of advanced analytics as proof he knows what he's doing when he has no clue

I never understood why Crane was so late in extending him but I do now
W
AG
Go Mets

Go Twins

Go Rockies
First Page Last Page
Page 2080 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.