***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,511,898 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
tremble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dana needs to sit on Dusty's desk and watch him write the lineup every day. There is zero margin for error and zero reason to allow Dusty to **** this team over.
Farmer1906
AG
gambochaman
AG
Mathguy64 said:

From here out this needs to be the lineup 90% of the time. There aren't games left to dick around and play guys just because. Putting Maldonado there means either Diaz or Mike comes out. Putting anyone else in CF is dumb. This lineup will win.

Altuve 2B
Bregman 3B
Yordan LF/DH
Tucker RF
Diaz C
Uncle Mike DH/LF
Chas CF
Abreu 1B
Peña SS

Yes Chas is 7th but that's a lot of very good hitters in front of him. So we have the best 7 hole guy in baseball.

You are correct but this is a pipe dream with the moron we have in charge of this team
Boiling Denim
Is there any serious discussion about shutting Hunter Brown down for the season or moving him to the pen? It's not like he will help us in the playoffs at this rate

He may have hit his wall and that's not a bad thing to admit for a rookie pitcher
Mathguy64
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Sean apparently hasn't been paying attention this season. Because it's been a stream of WTF decisions.
BayAg_14
Just blow my brains out.

Prosperdick
AG
Mathguy64 said:

From here out this needs to be the lineup 90% of the time. There aren't games left to dick around and play guys just because. Putting Maldonado there means either Diaz or Mike comes out. Putting anyone else in CF is dumb. This lineup will win.

Altuve 2B
Bregman 3B
Yordan LF/DH
Tucker RF
Diaz C
Uncle Mike DH/LF
Chas CF
Abreu 1B
Peña SS

Yes Chas is 7th but that's a lot of very good hitters in front of him. So we have the best 7 hole guy in baseball.

That's fan stuff...you can't have a lineup of your best hitters, don't you know baseball?

Dana better be throwing **** in Crane's office right about now and the lineup card better be out of Donkey's hands from here on out and all you dip****s who think we complain too much....GFY!!!
BadAggie
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

m

Lmao.
Frok
AG
tremble said:

Dana needs to sit on Dusty's desk and watch him write the lineup every day. There is zero margin for error and zero reason to allow Dusty to **** this team over.

Dana is a yes man. Crane is the GM
tremble
AG
Dana is in no way a yes man, he's already publicly aired disagreements with Dusty in Yainier's playtime, etc
Dies Irae
BayAg_14 said:

Just blow my brains out.

The projections were uh flawed
rosco511
AG
Love how Dusty tries to throw our random stats to try to justify his decisions but then continues to play Maldy.
redline248
AG
rosco511 said:

Love how Dusty tries to throw our random stats to try to justify his decisions but then continues to play Maldy.
cannot be starred enough
tjack16
AG
The worst Yankees team in 25+ years is a game away from sweeping us at home when we are in the thick of a division race.

The Astros have crapped away so many chances to put this division away. We now celebrate "not losing any ground" as a huge victory. I thought they flipped the switch in Detroit but it appears that was a temporary fix.
tremble
AG
Singleton has like 44 ABs with Houston, how the **** does he even think this is a valid sample?

What a ****ing moron.
RED AG 98
AG
rosco511 said:

Exactly this. You want stats and analytics I'll give you those.
JohnLA762
AG
Dusty is straight:

gambochaman
AG
Dusty is the worst combo of arrogant, stubborn, and dumb

First is 'i dont need help managing'
Then 'everyone plays'

Then 'well, it wasnt my fault, it was the internal projections'

Damn the day that Crane decided to bring him back
agdaddy04
AG
At least rangers lose and hoping Rockies can hang on
Boiling Denim
gambochaman said:

Dusty is the worst combo of arrogant, stubborn, and dumb

First is 'i dont need help managing'
Then 'everyone plays'

Then 'well, it wasnt my fault, it was the internal projections'

Damn the day that Crane decided to bring him back

Don't forget the fans, city and organization will thank me later
Beau Holder
AG
tjack16 said:

The worst Yankees team in 25+ years is a game away from sweeping us at home when we are in the thick of a division race.

The Astros have crapped away so many chances to put this division away. We now celebrate "not losing any ground" as a huge victory. I thought they flipped the switch in Detroit but it appears that was a temporary fix.

Only in September are we recognizing this team has pissed away a title defense?
redline248
AG
Beau Holder said:

tjack16 said:

Only in September are we recognizing this team has pissed away a title defense?
Everyone sees it but galaxy brain
tjack16
AG
Two good things have come from tonight….

1. There has to be zero chance Dusty returns next year

2. Connor Weigman is the truth
Dies Irae
tremble said:

Singleton has like 44 ABs with Houston, how the **** does he even think this is a valid sample?

What a ****ing moron.

They had some intern play MLB the show 44 times on "hard difficulty" and jotted down the results
W
AG
Seattle with a 2-game lead in the loss column over the Astros...

plus the tiebreaker

the M's schedule gets tougher going forward...but they have some margin to work with
Dies Irae
To be fair, I'm thinking Dusty actually meant to say "astral projections", that makes more sense
Rule#2
AG
BayAg_14 said:

Just blow my brains out.

Singleton wouldn't bat .275 against my daughter in the backyard
Beau Holder
AG
We should hope to play on the road in the playoffs, if we make them. Rays and Rangers lost. Jays are close to losing (we hope). So that's good, at least.
tjack16
AG
Rule#2 said:

BayAg_14 said:

Just blow my brains out.

Singleton wouldn't bat .275 against my daughter in the backyard

"And Rule#2s daughter with the 1-2-3 inning. Got singleton on the fastball down the middle. Pena with the outside slider on a 3-2 count and Maldonado with the fly out to the catcher"
EastCoastAgNc
AG

This is trash from dusty ... "Yeah I made a terrible decision, but hey, it's not my fault we lost, we blew it way before the end"
CFTXAG10
AG
"We lost that game way before then"

Loser mentality in a 1 run game. You can't make this **** up
Kashchei
AG
"That's why we have Singleton up there"... to strike out looking. Dumbass.
Boiling Denim
EastCoastAgNc said:

This is trash from dusty ... "Yeah I made a terrible decision, but hey, it's not my fault we lost, we blew it way before the end"

Wow what the hell is that quote

I'd like to know what point we lost the game before the 27th out to see who he wants to throw under the bus
Proudag06
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

So subtract 100 from Chas' OPS and add it to Singleton…..and the percentages still says you are an idiot

And yes, that's actually double counting (200 pt difference) but that was simply to over-prove the case.
Beau Holder
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

"We lost that game way before then"

Loser mentality in a 1 run game. You can't make this **** up

Brought to you by the guy who gave the world

"Clogging up the bases"

"Getting on base is good, but RBIs are better"

"The city will thank me"

Can't wait to be rid of this loser.
First Page Last Page
Page 2079 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.