***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,495,481 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
AgSportsFan89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

The Porkchop Express said:

texasaggie2015 said:

I have to be careful with what I share on here. I remember some even expecting me to spill the personal issues Pena was fighting through. That's just not going to happen. Just wanted to say it's not the first time I've heard of Cora acting like an ass. I'll delete it.
If you're not going to share, don't dangle.
The important part is that we know that he knows.

I 100% read this as tongue in cheek, which is what I think he was going for. I mostly lurk, but I really appreciate what 2015 brings to the thread as well.
CFTXAG10
AG
Eloy, my dude. Cant watch that
Beau Holder
AG
Robert blew their chance to get more. Terrible first-pitch half-swing at an outside pitch to pop up with a guy on third and less than two outs.

1-0 T4 but Kirby at least over 45 pitches.
gougler08
AG
Kopech through 4
Farmer1906
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

AgLA06 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

agproducer said:

Also fun -- on Cora.

Did anyone read this book? I just finished my last book and I'm looking for one.

Is it any good because that part has me definitely intrigued.
You want to read a book written by the guy who "broke" the baseball cheating scandal on the Astros about the cheating scandal?

Oh **** that was written by Drellich? Won't get a penny from me.
I love how the book cover says, "The Rise and Fall of the Houston Astros" and that it came out about 3 months after we won a championship. ****ing idiot.
agproducer
AG
I took it as Porkchop just messing with you, 2015. Thanks for everything you contribute to the thread.
texasaggie2015
AG
This is super random but I have a spot open on my team in a Bocce ball league in Houston for this fall... if anyone wants to play, it's at Nettbar on Thursday nights.
07ag
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I have to be careful with what I share on here. I remember some even expecting me to spill the personal issues Pena was fighting through. That's just not going to happen. Just wanted to say it's not the first time I've heard of Cora acting like an ass. I'll delete it.
fair enough, and makes sense. thanks for the explanation
https://ts.la/eric59704
Texaggie7nine
Maybe we need to give Pena a standing O

7nine
CFTXAG10
AG
Kopech leaving the game injured in the 5th
Beau Holder
AG
Kopech removed after 4 because of some issue with his arm in warmups. Not sure that's the worst thing because he was probably a time bomb. Sox have to stop wasting scoring chances though.
CFTXAG10
AG
Beau Holder said:

Kopech removed after 4 because of some issue with his arm in warmups. Not sure that's the worst thing because he was probably a time bomb. Sox have to stop wasting scoring chances though.
That was strange watching live. He just air mailed that warm up pitch and was gone
spadilly
S
as he was walking off the mound the inning before he was looking at his arm and trying to stretch it. Looked like he felt someting strange.
Project Gemini
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Fair. And that's another reason why I'm going to reel back on the info. I don't know why these things rub me the wrong way but they do.

On a completely unrelated note... I can't think of a worse team to rely on for a win than the White Sox yet here we are
There's no crying in baseball. Post or don't but it's going to be normal for you to get trolled if you do continue to post "insider info". Its just how it works on message boards.
spadilly
S
The Sox are as bad as we are with injury news:

spadilly
S
Abreu activiated. Hensley back to SL
CFTXAG10
AG
Hulla Baller
AG

He's baaaaaack.
Mathguy64
AG
Do now we have 3 1b men? I wonder if we will see Abreu and Singleton platoon and Diaz DH with Yordan in LF, Chas in CF.

If that back isnt right we will all know it on the first AB/swing
Ag_07
AG
I actually feel good about him being back.

Maybe taking time off and getting the back right can get him back to more what's typical for him and he's refreshed and ready for a playoff push.
AgLA06
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Do now we have 3 1b men? I wonder if we will see Abreu and Singleton platoon and Diaz DH with Yordan in LF, Chas in CF.

If that back isnt right we will all know it on the first AB/swing
One can hope. But that makes too much sense.
texasaggie2015
AG
Wow that was fast. My question is... if this was bothering him back in spring training, why didn't he take a couple weeks off sooner?
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
It's not how it should work on here with known entities. But some people just have to be a ****** I guess
AgLA06
AG
Ag_07 said:

I don't. A lingering back injury for months most likely isn't 100% after just 10 days. And that's without the doubt of taking a full cut at the plate or stretching for a play at first.
Beau Holder
AG
Ag_07 said:

Maybe taking time off and getting the back right can get him back to more what's typical for him and he's refreshed and ready for a playoff push.

I don't mind and don't disagree, but I wish they'd have given him some rehab games. Singleton and Diaz are doing fine.
redline248
AG
I wonder if Dusty gives Abreu an extra day, like he's said he does to most guys, or inserts him right away at 1B.
Mathguy64
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Wow that was fast. My question is... if this was bothering him back in spring training, why didn't he take a couple weeks off sooner?

Do not get us started. We will let bygones be bygones and not linger on his past choices. Let's just hope he's healthy.
JYDog90
AG
Hulla Baller said:

He's baaaaaack.

As opposed to when he went on the IL because…

His baaaaaaack.
gambochaman
AG
Well at the very least abreu is an upgrade over hensley so
Beau Holder
AG
redline248 said:

I wonder if Dusty gives Abreu an extra day, like he's said he does to most guys, or inserts him right away at 1B.

Dusty just makes up whatever he wants to say to justify whatever he feels like doing at the time. I wouldn't expect his rules to be consistent.
redline248
AG
I bet with a lefty on the mound we don't see Singleton or Diaz, today. The question is whether we get Meyers or Dubon in CF (or Julks at all).
BadAggie
AG
Willy Wonka said:

Hulla Baller said:

He's baaaaaack.

As opposed to when he went on the IL because…

His baaaaaaack.

Hensley has so disappointed
The Porkchop Express
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

I'm not sure that anyone, including David Hensley, knew he was on the MLB roster.
texasaggie2015
AG
White Sox!
Beau Holder
AG
Huge HR by Trayce Thompson. 3-0 Sox in the 6th with Kirby about done.
First Page Last Page
Page 1873 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.