***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,496,028 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wonder if Spaeder was being intentionally obtuse here

7nine
txags92
AG
Beau Holder said:

Speaking of baseball books, I'm halfway through "The Arm" by Jeff Passan. Curious how it'll hold up as it ages given the things we continue to learn and see happen, but it's a very interesting history of Tommy John surgery and how we arrived at modern thinking around pitcher usage.
Throwing Heat about Nolan Ryan is a great read too if you like reading entertaining stories told about each other by other players.
Ag_07
AG
cone said:

lol alex cora is a c sucker

bearkatag15
AG

Yankees are going for L number 10 today
BadAggie
AG
Ag_07 said:

cone said:

lol alex cora is a c sucker

Can we pin this in thread?
linkdude
AG
I read Drellich's book earlier this year. The stuff about the cheating scandal is really only the last third of the book. Majority is on the formation of Luhnow's philosophy on team building and the power structure that flowed through his subordinates in the front office. If you want an inner look at the politics going on inside FO, there's quite a bit there.

It's worth a read even if you want to stop at the sign stealing, IMO.
bearkatag15
AG
linkdude said:

I read Drellich's book earlier this year. The stuff about the cheating scandal is really only the last third of the book. Majority is on the formation of Luhnow's philosophy on team building and the power structure that flowed through his subordinates in the front office. If you want an inner look at the politics going on inside FO, there's quite a bit there.

It's worth a read even if you want to stop at the sign stealing, IMO.

We should all circulate your copy to this group so we don't give him any more money for the book
Ag_07
AG
It's not so much reading about the sign stealing but contributing to Evan's pocket after how all that went down.

To each his own but I'll pass
linkdude
AG
It was on my audible account, so it was really to Bezos lol
cc10106
texasaggie2015 said:

I have to be careful with what I share on here. I remember some even expecting me to spill the personal issues Pena was fighting through.
Steer clear of the gold diggers, JP. (not saying that's the issue, just saying)
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Wonder if Spaeder was being intentionally obtuse here

He's previously hinted at the fact that MLB threatened to sue him if he didn't rescind what he said and shut up. He's giving a non answer so they can't go after him.
The Porkchop Express
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I have to be careful with what I share on here. I remember some even expecting me to spill the personal issues Pena was fighting through. That's just not going to happen. Just wanted to say it's not the first time I've heard of Cora acting like an ass. I'll delete it.
If you're not going to share, don't dangle.
Texaggie7nine
The Porkchop Express said:

texasaggie2015 said:

I have to be careful with what I share on here. I remember some even expecting me to spill the personal issues Pena was fighting through. That's just not going to happen. Just wanted to say it's not the first time I've heard of Cora acting like an ass. I'll delete it.
The important part is that we know that he knows.
7nine
texasaggie2015
AG
Okay dude. My bad. I get it. Sorry.

I just felt like I should chime in and say I've heard that stuff as well. Apparently not.

And with the Pena stuff I thought it would be useful context for why he's struggling. I don't think it's my place to share what goes on in his personal life. I don't see why that's hard to understand.

And to the poster above…. I don't know why you think that's what I'm doing but you're wrong.
CFTXAG10
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

texasaggie2015 said:

TWSS
CoachAg19
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I just felt like I should chime in and say I've heard that stuff as well. Apparently not.

Your inside info that you provide is much appreciated.
Class of 2010
texasaggie2015
AG
Thank you.

Trust me… I would love to spill 100% of every detail of everything I've been told. But some things are just better if I don't.

Like I said- in this case I just thought I would chime in and say yeah I've heard the same. Didn't realize that was taboo.
DVC2010
AG
Ignore them. Most of us understand.
texasaggie2015
AG
Gets really damn old.
Beau Holder
AG
Scoreless first for Kopech.
texasaggie2015
AG
Forgot we had day baseball today. I love it
Beau Holder
AG
Practically everyone but us and Baltimore smh
irish pete ag06
AG
AgLA06 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

agproducer said:

Also fun -- on Cora.

Did anyone read this book? I just finished my last book and I'm looking for one.

Is it any good because that part has me definitely intrigued.
You want to read a book written by the guy who "broke" the baseball cheating scandal on the Astros about the cheating scandal?

Oh **** that was written by Drellich? Won't get a penny from me.
irish pete ag06
AG
I appreciate it. I'm even more impressed with Pena's blossoming plate discipline now knowing he's dealing with potential issues personally as well. It got lost in the game post last night, but I made a post where Pena's walk rate is up 3% and strikeout rate is also down 3%. That should easily lead to more production in the long run.
Ag_07
AG
I along with the majority of folks on here appreciate what tidbits you have and continue to provide. It's good stuff and I enjoy what it adds to the ongoing discussion.

But man you gotta grow some thicker skin
gigemJTH12
AG
CoachAg19 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Your inside info that you provide is much appreciated.
except that Brantley is supposed to play next week
Marvin
AG
Ag_07 said:

I along with the majority of folks on here appreciate what tidbits you have and continue to provide. It's good stuff and I enjoy what it adds to the ongoing discussion.

But man you gotta grow some thicker skin

Ditto on both counts.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
texasaggie2015
AG
Fair. And that's another reason why I'm going to reel back on the info. I don't know why these things rub me the wrong way but they do.

On a completely unrelated note... I can't think of a worse team to rely on for a win than the White Sox yet here we are
Beau Holder
AG
Scoreless through 2.5 in Chicago, somehow. Kopech can't control anything, he's playing with fire.
Texaggie7nine
texasaggie2015 said:

And with the Pena stuff I thought it would be useful context for why he's struggling. I don't think it's my place to share what goes on in his personal life. I don't see why that's hard to understand.

And to the poster above…. I don't know why you think that's what I'm doing but you're wrong.

I'm just messing with you. All the criticism you get is mostly annoyance with management and on the field issues combined with a little bit of jealousy.

As with all of these types of "insiders" you see online, it's always just something that has to be taken in faith, and in many cases it's BS. I don't think that's the case with you. I appreciate whatever inside knowledge you share.
7nine
texasaggie2015
AG
Four walks through three innings isn't ideal
Beau Holder
AG
It's not just the walks, he's hit one or two and barely missed three more. Everything is releasing high and inside. Then he suddenly finds it for just one pitch and it works out.

Leadoff two-bagger for Sox btw
texasaggie2015
AG
Finally have the game pulled up. Let's see if we can get a miracle.
Beau Holder
AG
Sox score first. Anderson drives him in.
spadilly
S
Sox up 1-0
First Page Last Page
Page 1872 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.