***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,495,536 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Yordaddy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was at the game so didn't follow this thread's commentary. I thought it was a really weird moving bringing in Martinez as first guy out of the pen, who proceeded to load the bases. Game was really much closer than the final score until the later innings. Really did not like that call but I will take this W!
bearkatag15
AG
W
AG
whoops, I stand corrected

Julks still leads Chas by 3 at-bats

the MLB page updates during the game

should pass him tomorrow
The D
AG
W said:

should pass him tomorrow

What a joke
f1ghtintexasaggie
Mathguy64 said:

Farmer1906 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Why pitch Pressly in back to back days with neither being a save opportunity.. I get yesterday but I don't get today.

After checking closer. The options were to use Stanek or Montero for the 3rd day in a row or Graveman. It would have been Graveman's 4th outing in the last 6 days.

Hunter really ****ed us over yesterday.

To be fair Dusty could have used Seth a second inning. Roll that die and maybe you don't need the extra arm.

To be fair also, that may well have been the plan until he came in and looked like ass.
Farmer1906
AG
W said:

should pass him tomorrow

Better wait until we see the lineup before you make that comment. It's a JV day so Dubon will likely be in CF.
Dies Irae
Who will have the better career: Mike Trout or Chas McCormick. It's a toss up
bearkatag15
AG
If Chas has a similar year next year to this year, talk about buying out his arbitration years with an extension might be in play
W
AG
the Red Sox are 31-31 on the road

not sure what to think of them after the first game

6 more to go in the next 9 days
BadAggie
AG
1-0.

BadAggie said:

August 20, 2023

Following being swept at home by the Mariners, the Astros had a players only meeting at which veteran catcher Martin Maldanaldo spoke.

Farmer1906
AG
bearkatag15 said:

If Chas has a similar year next year to this year, talk about buying out his arbitration years with an extension might be in play

Chas has been one of the more "lucky" hitters this season. Some of it stems from early season stats. Regardless, his xwOBA is top quarter of hitters. I'm with you on locking him in, but I wouldnt expect .900 OPS plus.
tremble
AG
Just like Dusty to **** with something that works
Dies Irae
Say what you want about Maldonado but that dude was hustling today and locked on. Set a great example for the rest of the team
Dies Irae
Farmer1906 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Chas has been one of the more "lucky" hitters this season. Some of it stems from early season stats. Regardless, his xwOBA is top quarter of hitters. I'm with you on locking him in, but I wouldnt expect .900 OPS plus.

bearkatag15
AG
Farmer1906 said:

bearkatag15 said:

I think he is a great candidate for a cheap contract extension. Adding 2 years after his arb years
Farmer1906
AG
Bregman starting to creep up to .800 OPS. Ever since June he's back to his old ways.
cc10106
Farmer1906 said:

Tags is right.

Would love to see more starters go 6+ innings regularly like last year, but I won't get my hopes up.
Dies Irae
Farmer1906 said:

Bregman starting to creep up to .800 OPS. Ever since June he's back to his old ways.

Can we get Bregman 5/120, Tucker 8/260 and Altuve 4/120? Can we keep all of them?
Farmer1906
AG
cc10106 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Tags is right.

Would love to see more starters go 6+ innings regularly like last year, but I won't get my hopes up.

But everyone wants that. Going into today we were 2nd in SP IP & 3rd in SP IP/G.
linkdude
AG
Get better quality innings, and you'll get quantity.
Farmer1906
AG
Dies Irae said:

Farmer1906 said:

Can we get Bregman 5/120, Tucker 8/260 and Altuve 4/120? Can we keep all of them?

I think you under sold breggy and oversold Tuve based on age. But I'd love it. I doubt Crane pays everyone though.
redline248
AG
Farmer1906 said:

cc10106 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Tags is right.

But everyone wants that. Going into today we were 2nd in SP IP & 3rd in SP IP/G.
I wonder how that is looking over the last 3 weeks. Javier certainly hasn't helped, but Framber usually manages to scratch out 6 or so
Dies Irae
Yeah I thought Tuve was a few years younger than he is. Maybe a 3/90
linkdude
AG
Chapman time in AZ, up one...
redline248
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Dies Irae said:

Farmer1906 said:

I think you under sold breggy and oversold Tuve based on age. But I'd love it. I doubt Crane pays everyone though.
Would Altuve take a deal that is front loaded and taper off toward the end, so that we could start Tucker middling and ramp up to keep the annual values kind of the same year to year?
Farmer1906
AG
redline248 said:

Farmer1906 said:

cc10106 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Tags is right.

I wonder how that is looking over the last 3 weeks. Javier certainly hasn't helped, but Framber usually manages to scratch out 6 or so

For Aug. tied in 7th in SP IP going into today. Can't do the per game in my head on this one. Probably top 5ish.
bearkatag15
AG
linkdude said:

DBacks have their best hitter on the bench tonight. Hopefully they don't Dusty this situation
Beau Holder
AG
Watching the end of the Rangers game since it's on late. Man are their announcers smitten like schoolboys about Chapman.
bearkatag15
AG
Beau Holder said:

Watching the end of the Rangers game since it's on late. Man do their announcers fellate Chapman.
They've had Will Smith closing games all year until this... I gotta say I'd be happy about that change as well
FrioAg 00
AG
Tie game!
bearkatag15
AG
MARTE
BadAggie
AG
linkdude said:

Lol just coughed it up
PhatMack19
AG
1-1 Bottom 9
FrioAg 00
AG
KMart Special baby!
Farmer1906
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Beau Holder said:

Watching the end of the Rangers game since it's on late. Man do their announcers fellate Chapman.
They've had Will Smith closing games all year until this... I gotta say I'd be happy about that change as well

Looks like 3 double plays erased 3 of the 5 baserunners Arizona has had. Rangers pitching dominated

My jinx was too slow.
First Page Last Page
Page 1843 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.