***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,496,360 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Ciboag96 said:

Remember when we cared when the Rangers lose?
considering we're still only 2.5 back, I think we still do.

My focus this week has switched to I hope the mariners lose
BadAggie
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Ciboag96 said:

Remember when we cared when the Rangers lose?
considering we're still only 2.5 back, I think we still do.

You didn't get the memo? It's all over
FrioAg 00
AG
No one, myself included, wants to hear it right now but the Rangers getting swept this weekend helped us quite a bit during our choke job

The lead is still right in front of us - just need to pull together
W
AG
7 of the next 10 vs. the Red Sox

that is a heavy dose of Boston
W
AG
LarryElder said:

This thread we want Singeltin Abreu sucks , 2 weeks later singleton sucks we want Abreu
maybe the GM should have done something about the first base position

he's been watching the merry-go-round too
W
AG
West Roxbury said:

75AG said:

Can they put Dusty on the IL for managerial stupidity?

I know everyone loves to pile on Dusty and he deserves a lot of criticism but Bregman is in decline, they didn't get what they wanted out of Abreu and Peña has struggled. Brantley has been out too and we needed his steady contact in this lineup. Then you have pitching injuries. It's been bad across the board. Plus improved clubs in the division.
I agree that Abreu and Pena are not on Dusty

Abreu's OPS was expected to be about 150 points higher --- around .800

and Pena's about 50 points higher --- around .730
West Roxbury
Nor is Brantley's injury and Bregman's decline. Bregman at this point is just a solid MLB infielder with some post season history. He isn't what he used to be.
linkdude
AG
W said:

their pitching is (thankfully) not close to Seattle's but we'll see how far that gets us.
BadAggie
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

No one, myself included, wants to hear it right now but the Rangers getting swept this weekend helped us quite a bit during our choke job

Tucker back tomorrow, would think Brantley and Abreu return this week and the AAAA guys are back in Sugar Land.

Diaz needs more starts at C, especially with Brantley back.

Lonestar_Ag09
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

this is actually all that matters but this thread will never see or agree to that.
CoachAg19
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

The Rangers have given us numerous opportunities to take the lead in the division, and we've squandered all of them.
If this weekend doesn't instill a sense of urgency then we're going to watch the postseason slip away.

Altuve 2B
Bregs 3B
Yordan LF/DH
Tuck RF
Diaz C
Chas CF
Brantley DH/LF
Abreu/Singleton 1B
Pena SS

You could tweak the order a bit, but the bottom line is these are the guys that MUST be in the lineup if they're healthy. If Brantley ultimately turns out to not be ready, which would make no sense to me given what he's done in AAA, then you throw Meyers in there in CF, move Chas to LF, and have Yordan DH in that scenario.
Class of 2010
Mathguy64
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

FrioAg 00 said:

this is actually all that matters but this thread will never see or agree to that.

I hate to break it to you but getting swept by the Mariners kind of matters. We are now effectively behind them. Being tied in the loss column and losing the tie breaker will do that to you.
tjack16
AG
linkdude said:

W said:

their pitching is (thankfully) not close to Seattle's but we'll see how far that gets us.

We need our pitching to step up. We've given up ALOT of runs in our last few series.
superaggie73
AG
W said:

LarryElder said:

This thread we want Singeltin Abreu sucks , 2 weeks later singleton sucks we want Abreu

And what was he supposed to do? Bellinger was ours for the taking until the Cubs got hot and decided not to sell. Abreu contract isn't going anywhere (which obviously wasn't his doing) and you're not getting rid of him until Crane decides to pay him to not play.
BadAggie
AG
With what looks like the return of Uncle Mike then Diaz needs to move to everyday catcher so he's in the batting order every game. Bat Singleton in 9 hole until Abreu returns. Assuming Brantley will get some off days make those line up with when Diaz DHs and Maldy catches to spell Diaz from behind the plate.

BadAggie
AG
superaggie73 said:

W said:

LarryElder said:

And what was he supposed to do? Bellinger was ours for the taking until the Cubs got hot and decided not to sell. Abreu contract isn't going anywhere (which obviously wasn't his doing) and you're not getting rid of him until Crane decides to pay him to not play.

This. You pay up for JV and the Mets eating a larger share of his contract, but for the rental bat/1B?

Abreu gets a break and works on his back. As with Maton, some time off might be what is needed.
AggieJ2002
AG
Hear a lot of talk about the hitting, lineups, etc.

If the pitching doesn't improve from guys like Framber, Javier, and Brown, none of it is going to matter
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I'm hoping to catch a Tigers game next week when I'm up there. Unfortunately before we play them

But what's the best ticket method to find deals? My hote is north of Detroit but I was going to pick up a ticket after I land and catch the game before I go north
CoachAg19
AG
AggieJ2002 said:

Hear a lot of talk about the hitting, lineups, etc.

If the pitching doesn't improve from guys like Framber, Javier, and Brown, none of it is going to matter

Agreed 100%. And if it doesn't, then you have to work to setup your playoff rotation to have JV and France going in games 1 and 2. The bullpen has been much better lately, so at the very least you set France up to be game 3. That way if you lean on the bullpen too much in game 2, then you've got France going, who has shown to be able to get deep into games.
Class of 2010
Sex Panther
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

I'm hoping to catch a Tigers game next week when I'm up there. Unfortunately before we play them

But what's the best ticket method to find deals? My hote is north of Detroit but I was going to pick up a ticket after I land and catch the game before I go north

Gametime App
Marvin
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

We always get them off the MLB app. Should be plenty available for the Tigers.

Great stadium, btw. You will enjoy it.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Aren't they more expensive on there and more fees
BadAggie
AG
August 20, 2023

Following being swept at home by the Mariners, the Astros had a players only meeting at which veteran catcher Martin Maldanaldo spoke.

Yordaddy
AG
Had a really bad experience with them recently for an Astros game. Long story short, they do not hold tickets in escrow and seller must approve transfer even after you "buy" them.
OKCAg2002
AG
This Little League hosted ballgame between the Phillies and Nats is a cool idea. I don't remember this from last year.

They should play it next year at the actual Little League field. What does a 500' bomb look like in that field?
Bondag
AG
OKCAg2002 said:

This Little League hosted ballgame between the Phillies and Nats is a cool idea. I don't remember this from last year.

They should play it next year at the actual Little League field. What does a 500' bomb look like in that field?

They have done it the last few years.

You can watch on ESPN2 and get the kidscast. The reporter asks hard hitting questions like what's your favorite food and what's your favorite movie.
Sex Panther
AG
That's unfortunate. I used them about 4 times in a two month period last year and every time got amazing deals, including A&M-Texas at the CWS and an insane deal at Fenway. Haven't used them in a while though.

I've checked the app a bunch for concerts and never seen a good deal on those however.
Sex Panther
AG
BadAggie said:

August 20, 2023

Following being swept at home by the Mariners, the Astros had a players only meeting at which veteran catcher Martin Maldanaldo spoke.

Source?
BadAggie
AG
Martin Maldanaldo.
AggiEE
This weekend sucked but we played like **** and I bet half the team had Covid from Tucker

Let's just forget it and move on. This series wasn't disastrous as long as we continue winning at a clip of 2/3 going forward
AustinCountyAg
This. Peña isn't struggling. This is exactly who he is. A below avg hitter who plays good defense.
Dies Irae
AustinCountyAg said:

This. Peña isn't struggling. This is exactly who he is. A below avg hitter who plays good defense.

Yes he will be a major asset and a 3.5-4 WAR a year player with an OPS of barely .700 because of the defense he plays
BCEDAg
AG
Hard to understand why we can't win at home. Maybe if the fans boo them they would play better like they do on the road.
Marvin
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Aren't they more expensive on there and more fees

I just bought two for Boston behind the dugout for $204 total. Similar seats on Vivid and Stubhub were $325. Maybe I just found a deal, not sure.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
jah003
S
First Page Last Page
Page 1821 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.