***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,502,777 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Beau Holder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tjack16 said:

Tomorrow will likely be Kessinger, Dubon and Maldonado in the lineup with Diaz on the bench if Altuve is still hurt

JV better be flawless because that will be a one-run lineup yet again. Not that Dusty cares.
AgLA06
AG
That's good news! I think I saw he was laughing with the media about being fine and the x-rays were negative. Probably a good excuse to sit him a day or 2 for the crowd that wants to see #2000 at home.
BadAggie
AG
Really hope Uncle Mike can make it back for a bench/part time gig. Would be huge if he's good to go having him on postseason roster.
texasaggie2015
AG
Very good news. Hope I get to see his 2,000th hit this weekend. Let's bury the hatchet my friend. Life is too short to hold grudges. Hope you have a great night.
RED AG 98
AG
AgLA06
AG
R-Dog said:

cc10106 said:

Dusty on post-game said he doesn't know what it will take for the team to finally full click and that it can't be forced but will eventually happen. Seems like the guy can't do one of these or radio interviews without coming off defensive at some point. That was from a different question about avoiding using Hunter, but I was reminded why I rarely watch these after the game.

Cristian Javier is one lucky dude getting bailed out by his team once again. Looking forward to watching the replay.

What will it take for this team to click? Oh, I don't know...couldn't be as simple as playing your best players, could it? Or is that fan stuff?

Not only that but in a constant lineup that doesn't change every day.
Bondag
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Very good news. Hope I get to see his 2,000th hit this weekend. Let's bury the hatchet my friend. Life is too short to hold grudges. Hope you have a great night.

He just wanted to get it at home.
Marvin
AG
I hope we see Yordan in left, McCormick in center, Yainer at DH, and I don't care at second. I'm going to lose it if Dubon, Kessinger, and Maldy are in the lineup.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
RED AG 98
AG
Bondag said:

He just wanted to get it at home.
On this common ground we can all agree.
spadilly
S
Beau Holder said:

tjack16 said:

Tomorrow will likely be Kessinger, Dubon and Maldonado in the lineup with Diaz on the bench if Altuve is still hurt

JV better be flawless because that will be a one-run lineup yet again. Not that Dusty cares.

Well, JV will give up his early homer, so….
BadAggie
AG
I assume Brantley will have an extended rehab to shake off rust, put through the paces.

Looks like the Space Skeeter Cowboys are at home through end of next week - maybe activate at some point during Red Sox series before road trip starts on Fri the 25th at Detroit?

Ok, way too early but man, potentially as good a trade deadline acquisition as any.
BadAggie
AG
Royals score 2 bottom 9th down 7-8 now
BadAggie
AG
Royals tie game headed to extras
bearkatag15
AG
Royals tie it!!!
iamtheglove
KC scores3 in the bottom of the 9th to tie the mariners. Going to extras now
RED AG 98
AG
mariner tootblan as runner forgets to slide at 3b!
bearkatag15
AG
bearkatag15
AG
I'll be the first to say it.... Singleton isn't gonna work out... After that first game its been a lot of nothing
Chrundle the Great
AG
bearkatag15 said:

I'll be the first to say it.... Singleton isn't gonna work out... After that first game its been a lot of nothing

2-2 with 2 walks and 890' combined in home runs tomorrow confirmed
BadAggie
AG
Chrundle the Great said:

bearkatag15 said:

2-2 with 2 walks and 890' combined in home runs tomorrow confirmed

Singleton is gravy if Uncle Mike is back.
Mathguy64
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Take out the first game and he's hit the ball hard into some outs and gotten on via BB pretty well. And he's played a better defensive 1B than I expected.

Given that right now there isn't much in terms of options. . . Keep trotting him out there and see what happens.
BadAggie
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Wouldn't it be Dana?
Ag_07
AG
Dude...He hit a really long impressive foul ball tonight.

But yeah he's making me miss Abreu
W
AG
once Brantley returns...

the Astros may pick up the nickname from the 1983 Phillies:

the Wheeze Kids

starting lineup could have:

33-year old Altuve
36-year old Brantley
36-year old Abreu
37-year old Maldonado
BadAggie
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Harry Dunne
Keeper of The Spirits said:

Harry Dunne said:

mAgnoliAg said:

Chas a 90 overall in the latest roster update on mlb the show
Chas is elite

you mean the guy who tripped over his gigantic orange and dark blue brass balls while making on of the great catches in world series history
Yes.

And I also mean the guy on pace for a 6.3 WAR over a full season.
Farmer1906
AG
Looks solid to me.

AggiEE
bearkatag15 said:

Just in Time delivery for Uncle Mike
AggiEE
Mathguy64 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Take out the first game and he's hit the ball hard into some outs and gotten on via BB pretty well. And he's played a better defensive 1B than I expected.

Given that right now there isn't much in terms of options. . . Keep trotting him out there and see what happens.

Yeah I've been impressed with his approach at the plate and in the field…he's better than Abreu so far
Farmer1906
AG

Jet Black
These should be the 9 everyday if Brantley is reading to go:

Altuve
Bregman
Diaz
Alvarez
Brantley
McCormick
Tucker
Peña
Abreu
RED AG 98
AG
I hope she deletes that. They may prefer Maldy but this isn't the kind of stuff she should be airing out. We can gripe and moan here or on twitter or wherever (and Ben can too) but that's not a good look to me coming from her... We'll need Yanier to catch Pres and we don't need any more public friction than there already is.
AggiEE
Jet Black said:

These should be the 9 everyday if Brantley is reading to go:

Altuve
Bregman
Diaz
Alvarez
Brantley
McCormick
Tucker
Peña
Abreu

Swap Singleton with Abreu….I think he's washed up
AggiEE
RED AG 98 said:

I hope she deletes that. They may prefer Maldy but this isn't the kind of stuff she should be airing out. We can gripe and moan here or on twitter or wherever (and Ben can too) but that's not a good look to me coming from her... We'll need Yanier to catch Pres and we don't need any more public friction than there already is.

I really wish Maldy would just end this controversy by being the one to suck up his pride and ego and pass on the torch to Diaz by telling Dusty he wants the kid to start over him

Ags #1
AG
No way thats your batting order right??? If it is tucker at 7???
First Page Last Page
Page 1732 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.