***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,503,251 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgLA06 said:

mAgnoliAg said:

Chas a 90 overall in the latest roster update on mlb the show

That's kind of crazy. Definitely exceeded expectations so far.
His last two months have turned him into a very legit MLB player.

16 homers 42 R and 48 RBI in 78 games is a pace of 87 runs scored, 33 HR, and 100 RBI plus 27 stolen bases with a .284/.371/.526 slash. Never in my wildest dreams would I have expected that kind of production from Chas McCormick.
mAgnoliAg
AG
J Peterman said:

If you play against them in the game is AI Dusty an idiot too?? Diaz every other week Chas platooning and Kessinger at SS on Sundays?

No but they must listen to dusty on yainer. Only up to 75 overall with 80 vs 39 contact righties vs lefties and 77 vs 45 power. HE CANT HIT LEFTIES. They also still have maldy's arm 10 points better than yainer

Edit: even with inflating maldy and deflating yainer on the game, yainer is a 75 and maldy a 68. Even the video game knows it dusty
AlwaysNextYear89
AG
Farmer1906 said:

mAgnoliAg said:

Rangers gonna go to 12-2 in august

Good for them. What they're doing after a rough June & July is impressive.

I still think if we get/stay hot, we'll be just fine. Things will work out.

Rubber match tomorrow with JV on the bump. I like our chances.
Schedule definitely flips in our favor in September, but we HAVE to win the series in Arlington. Will secure the tiebreaker for us in addition to adding a game or 3 in our favor to the difference between us. 9 against A's and Royals along with most of the month playing teams playing out the schedule should set us up for a really nice month.
The Porkchop Express
AG
J Peterman said:

If you play against them in the game is AI Dusty an idiot too?? Diaz every other week Chas platooning and Kessinger at SS on Sundays?
If I had a twitter account, AI Dusty Baker would be a great handle.
JohnnyTexAg1995
We won, block each other or hug it out
texasaggie2015
AG
JohnnyTexAg1995
Just ignore him man. Don't respond, it will be over haha
The Porkchop Express
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I'm not doing anything. If I'm brought up for no reason, I'm going to respond. And it's been going on all day. Just super super weird stuff.
JB!98
AG
Good to be in the win column again. A Redhead for the Astros!

texasaggie2015
AG
Haha I know. Again, just a bad day and this is a classic case of being pushed over the edge by something silly. Signing off for the night. You dorks behave.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Harry Dunne said:

mAgnoliAg said:

Chas a 90 overall in the latest roster update on mlb the show
Chas is elite

you mean the guy who tripped over his gigantic orange and dark blue brass balls while making on of the great catches in world series history
Marvin
AG
It may still be a big "if" but if Brantley comes back to some form for the Astros in September, woo boy.

GFL, indeed.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Prosperdick
AG
Wait, Diaz catches and we win? Whaaaaaaaat???
tjack16
AG
Gritty win tonight
AgLA06
AG
linkdude said:

He can't play Dubon at 2b and CF at the same time...

Well, I guess we have that going for us!
gougler08
AG
Just checking in and trying to figure out wtf is going on in here?
cc10106
Dusty on post-game said he doesn't know what it will take for the team to finally full click and that it can't be forced but will eventually happen. Seems like the guy can't do one of these or radio interviews without coming off defensive at some point. That was from a different question about avoiding using Hunter, but I was reminded why I rarely watch these after the game.

Cristian Javier is one lucky dude getting bailed out by his team once again. Looking forward to watching the replay.

AggiEE
tjack16 said:

Gritty win tonight

The game tonight is likely lost if Diaz doesn't start.

Verlander is supposedly all about analytics and called out the Mets for not being very good in that regard....You would think that he would try and make Diaz his everyday catcher.

JV is the leader of our pitchers and needs to step up and do what's right in setting the tone for using Diaz. We're going to need him these last weeks of the season and beyond. Time to nut the **** up.
Boiling Denim
Crane may never spend another dime on free agents or contract extensions after the value he's gotten out of his money spent this season
Prosperdick
AG
Boiling Denim said:

Crane may never spend another dime on free agents or contract extensions after the value he's gotten out of his money spent this season

Dude has made a LOT of money over the last 8 years, I wouldn't feel too bad for him.
Beat40
NVM. Don't want to ruin the good vibes.
tjack16
AG
So tomorrow does Kessinger get the start at second base?

With JV on the mound, Dusty will want Dubon in center
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
W
AG
AggiEE said:

tjack16 said:

Gritty win tonight

The game tonight is likely lost if Diaz doesn't start.

Verlander is supposedly all about analytics and called out the Mets for not being very good in that regard....You would think that he would try and make Diaz his everyday catcher.

JV is the leader of our pitchers and needs to step up and do what's right in setting the tone for using Diaz. We're going to need him these last weeks of the season and beyond. Time to nut the **** up.
yes, the argument that one position player (change) cannot make a difference is folly

Astros are 13-1 since July 20th when Yainer starts
gambochaman
AG
I'd like to point out that I indeed went to mass and asked for wisdom for dusty

And we won

Thank you God
gambochaman
AG
Guess we'll truly see when the lineup posts tomorrow tho
Farmer1906
AG
Yainer is now tied in 5th for HRs for catchers. The only guy close to him (ahead) in HR/AB is Gary Sanchez.
AgLA06
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Yainer is now tied in 5th for HRs for catchers. The only guy close to him (ahead) in HR/AB is Gary Sanchez.

Most probably have double the at bats?
tjack16
AG
Tomorrow will likely be Kessinger, Dubon and Maldonado in the lineup with Diaz on the bench if Altuve is still hurt
Project Gemini
AG
Dont leave Hensley out of the party
redline248
AG
How do I prepare myself for playoff baseball that has Maldy catching 3 of 5 games?

I really don't think I can take it
R-Dog
AG
cc10106 said:

Dusty on post-game said he doesn't know what it will take for the team to finally full click and that it can't be forced but will eventually happen. Seems like the guy can't do one of these or radio interviews without coming off defensive at some point. That was from a different question about avoiding using Hunter, but I was reminded why I rarely watch these after the game.

Cristian Javier is one lucky dude getting bailed out by his team once again. Looking forward to watching the replay.

What will it take for this team to click? Oh, I don't know...couldn't be as simple as playing your best players, could it? Or is that fan stuff?
Boiling Denim
Singleton is currently in the Julks "hitting stuff hard but with bad luck" slump phase . I hope he can break out of it tomorrow without spiraling into 0fer 30 territory.
texasaggie2015
AG
I was going to sign off for the night but I'm hearing Altuve is fine. Probably a day off tomorrow depending on how he feels but he should be good to go for the home stand.

I know it's what we all assumed but just relaying the message
First Page Last Page
Page 1731 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.