***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,507,156 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

So long back to back Yordan / Tucker
linkdude
AG
Tucker in the 2nd spot!
linkdude
AG
I'm willing to sacrifice that for getting Tucker more ABs. Should be Tucker/Alvarez/Bregman, IMO
JDUB08AG
AG
I'm still annoyed AF by lineup tinkering in mid August
bearkatag15
AG
linkdude said:

I'm willing to sacrifice that for getting Tucker more ABs. Should be Tucker/Alvarez/Bregman, IMO
You want Bregman's OBP in front of Tucker and/or Yordan.
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

This is the most nerd-optimized lineup I have seen thus far.

Farmer1906
AG
linkdude said:

Apparently, the #s say the 4 and 5 hole see more opportunities to drive in runs than the 3 hole.
Wabs
AG
JDUB08AG said:

I'm still annoyed AF by lineup tinkering in mid August
I don't see the real purpose in the change. I like having Breggy batting before Tuck and Yordan. Oh well. Tinker to tinker I guess.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

How badass would that be? Crane puts in the order mid-Aug so he can hand out championship rings on the field.
tjack16
AG
Tucker at 2 is something I've wanted for a while. So hopefully it works out
bearkatag15
AG

I'm impressed and a bit shocked. It has been pretty quiet for him while putting up those numbers.
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

linkdude said:

Apparently, the #s say the 4 and 5 hole see more opportunities to drive in runs than the 3 hole.
I don't mind Alvarez in the 4 spot. I really like Tucker in the 2 spot. Just need Diaz in the line-up and I could roll with this one.
tjack16
AG
bearkatag15 said:

I'm impressed and a bit shocked. It has been pretty quiet for him while putting up those numbers.

Probably due to him moving down in the lineup. Not as much pressure
Beat40
bearkatag15 said:

He's looked a lot better to me. He's brought the toe-tap back since the ASB. Glad to see the numbers support it.

Would like to see a couple more HRs, but it's good to see him looking better at the plate.
linkdude
AG
Really need to get on them early, and then add on!
tjack16
AG

Of all the guys to leave… he's the one I cant root for.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
W said:

Mathguy64 said:

Ah. The "I swear officer she said she was 18" defense. Works every time.
for a famous athlete in the Dominican it might work.

it might be anything goes down there

I'm unaware of how laws work for a person within the US for something ongoing outside the US. Also I'd imagine if he got even 1 illicit photo etc while in the US his goose is cooked. Or the very least his visa rejected possibly
W
AG
he's had a bunch on infield singles in the last 2 weeks

those count too
TarponChaser
tjack16 said:

Proudag06
AG
Farmer1906 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Minus the most glaring analytical mistake…..Yainer on the bench and Maldy (the worst hitter in the league who makes up for it by being almost the worst catcher too) in the lineup.

But fan stuff doesn't factor in who the pitcher likes
Wabs
AG
tjack16 said:

Farmer1906
AG
W said:

he's had a bunch on infield singles in the last 2 weeks

those count too
You're not wrong. He's solidly outperforming his batted balls in Aug. Altuve is too.

On the flipside, Yordan has had some wildly poor luck. He's hitting the ball like an MVP yet getting Dubon results.
Farmer1906
AG
Proudag06 said:

Farmer1906 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Minus the most glaring analytical mistake…..Yainer on the bench and Maldy (the worst hitter in the league who makes up for it by being almost the worst catcher too).

But fan stuff doesn't factor in who the pitcher likes
I am speaking more toward the order of the guys in the lineup.

Maldy catches for Framber. It is what it is.
Proudag06
AG
I know. I know.
texasaggie2015
AG
Serious question- why the hate towards Gerrit Cole? I've never really understood that. Not being critical, just asking. The way I see it, he pitched his ass off, was rightfully frustrated after the WS loss and then took the bigger contract. No hard feelings there.
W
AG
since July 20th...

the Astros are a sparkling 12-1 in games in which Yainer starts

however on the bench for the second game-in-a-row
Mr President Elect
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Serious question- why the hate towards Gerrit Cole? I've never really understood that. Not being critical, just asking. The way I see it, he pitched his ass off, was rightfully frustrated after the WS loss and then took the bigger contract. No hard feelings there.
I feel the same. He was lights out from June onward that season and was a lot of fun to watch.
AgLA06
AG
Beat40 said:

Farmer1906 said:

linkdude said:

I don't mind Alvarez in the 4 spot. I really like Tucker in the 2 spot. Just need Diaz in the line-up and I could roll with this one.
Exactly.

2 best batting averages leading off, followed by a high on base / walk guy, followed by your slugger.

I'd rather Breggy 1, Altuve 2, Ted 3, Alverez 4, but outside of sitting Diaz, this isn't worth getting upset about.
AgLA06
AG
Mr President Elect said:

texasaggie2015 said:

I feel the same. He was lights out from June onward that season and was a lot of fun to watch.
Eh, it's hard to feel sorry for a guy who supposedly took the money over a better team who isn't getting the support he claimed was the reason going. I'm sure it comes off as Karma from a lot of Astros fans who realized another stud pitcher could mean leading the division today.
Farmer1906
AG
I get being mad, but that was a selfish move at the end to make it about himself. He then signed with the Yankees so he's easy to hate. He's come off like a complete goober ever since. The whining about sticky stuff. The cringey finger wag.
texasaggie2015
AG
99% of fans who get mad at a player for taking the bigger contract would do the exact same thing
W
AG
there's a gracious way to leave an organization...and a not so gracious way

he chose the wrong path
texasaggie2015
AG
Yeah, I suppose I get it.. I guess it just doesn't bother me as much as most.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
And he's a Jankee and I hate them all. Literally anyone who signs there I will actively root against because you caved and went to the dark side.

Add that to his exit from here and….don't let the door hit ya where the lord split ya
First Page Last Page
Page 1694 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.