***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,509,272 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fudge. Two steps forward and one back. Over and over and over.
stoneca
Fire Dusty
Cromagnum
AG
Thanks Dusty. Finally find an ace formula and change it up just because.
Blackbeard94
AG
The only thing this team is remarkable for is inconsistency
gambochaman
AG
Stupid dusty cant wait for his stupid moronic self to be gone
tjack16
AG
How tf did we not sweep this team. Outscored them 23-8
rausr
AG
Mess with success?

Dusty says yes.
stoneca
Best freaking lineup of the year Friday and Saturday and scored 22 runs. Then idiot dusty thinks it's better to play our triple a team in a tight division race. Idiot
texasaggie2015
AG
Took two out of three. Let's stay hot on the road. Just keep winning each series and things will work out at the end.
W
AG
time to update the stats...

when Yanier starts vs. when he doesn't
Mathguy64
AG
cap-n-jack said:

So if the season ended now who are we playing?

TB at their place.
Aggie8587
AG
Gosh that's just such a horrible loss. I'll never be able to comprehend how Dusty is so bad at managing this club
stoneca
Mathguy64 said:

cap-n-jack said:

So if the season ended now who are we playing?

TB at their place.
yikes
tremble
AG
Kessinger and Maldonado need to not hold a bat again. Absolutely ridiculous by Dusty
Harry Dunne
Not gonna happen that Tuve, Yordan & Tucker go 1-12 with no runs scored or RBIs very often.
gambochaman
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Took two out of three. Let's stay hot on the road. Just keep winning each series and things will work out at the end.

Yeah no….there is no redeeming dropping a 1 run very winnable game against a terrible team
tjack16
AG
How many series this year could have been sweeps if we didn't drop the finale? I'm sure it's a few. Off the top of my head

This series, Baltimore, last Rangers series, Nationals. I know there's been more though
stoneca
The one run we scored was on a past ball against the fing angles. Pathetic
Harry Dunne
gambochaman said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Yeah no….there is no redeeming dropping a 1 run very winnable game against a terrible team
Yeah this happens a dozen times a season to every WS champion.

We won the series. Take a deep breath.
texasaggie2015
AG
gambochaman said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Huh? Sorry I'm optimistic after winning a series and not losing my **** like the rest of you. Baseball is a grind. On to the next.
BadAggie
AG
Ok, I get veteran presence, pitch calling and pitcher management, but Maldanaldo has absolutely fallen off a cliff defensively this season and Diaz needs to be the everyday starter from here on.

Otherwise, Astros had their chances in this game and couldn't get the hit(s).

Disappointing loss. Especially when you can't score 2 measly runs against the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of Orange County of California.

Feels like team was coasting on two blowout wins Fri/Sat and thinking about a road trip to Miami.

Prosperdick
AG
tremble said:

Another Dusty special. How many ****ing games have we dropped because of his moronic lineups?
Well I speculated at least half a dozen and was told I was crazy and that because Dusty had a lot of talented teams in the past that it meant he's a great manager.

Hey, maybe he was a great manager 10 or 20 years ago. I don't think he was, I think he was just a player's manager who had a lot of talented teams that a lot of guys could manage and everybody liked him.

I know we've spent a LOT of time on his ridiculous lineups but we could just as easily spend as much time or more on when he fails to pinch hit when he should, when he leaves a starter in too long, or picks the absolute worst relievers for certain situations.

He obviously drifts in his focus late in games and it's costing us. If you don't think so you're blind or just willfully ignorant.

I'm also sick and ****ing tired of these lame ass lineups when we're going for a sweep. I guarantee you Silseth smiled to himself when he saw the lineup this morning.
Boiling Denim
Miami scores 5 in the 9th to walkoff the Yanks. Think they just officially killed their season and will come in winning 4 of their last 6. Much better than they've looked after the ASG. Could be in for a scrappy series. Seriously doubt we'll get the same Marlins the Rags slapped around
gambochaman
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

gambochaman said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Huh? Sorry I'm optimistic after winning a series and not losing my **** like the rest of you. Baseball is a grind. On to the next.

If we had a 4 game lead in the division sure

But when you are behind and your rival is taking care of business against lesser teams, its hard to feel good or optimistic about just winning a series
tjack16
AG
Need the giants to pull off the win today.
texasaggie2015
AG
Then baseball is not the sport for you my friend. It's extremely hard to sweep anyone. We can't control what the Rangers do. If you're winning every series and not gaining ground, you just have to tip your cap.
gambochaman
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Then baseball is not the sport for you my friend

Gonna have to disagree there but whatever

You can be content with just winning a series against a crap team
gambochaman
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Then baseball is not the sport for you my friend. It's extremely hard to sweep anyone. We can't control what the Rangers do. If you're winning every series and not gaining ground, you just have to tip your cap.

So hard to win a series that the rangers can do it often by actually using their best lineups?
Aggie8587
AG
tjack16 said:

How many series this year could have been sweeps if we didn't drop the finale? I'm sure it's a few. Off the top of my head

This series, Baltimore, last Rangers series, Nationals. I know there's been more though
I think that's 5 of the last 6 sweep attempts where we've dropped the final game of the series
W
AG
W said:

just for fun...

if Singleton starts all 3 games at first base this weekend...

and goes 3 for 12 with a double and a walk

(which computes to approximately a .640 OPS)

he will have adequately replaced Abreu's bat/production in the lineup
okay, so for the weekend...

Singleton was 3 for 10 with 2 homers and 3 walks

5 RBI and 4 runs scored

on-base % .462

slugging % .900

for a weekend OPS of 1.362
tjack16
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Then baseball is not the sport for you my friend

It's true winning the series is the goal. I think the frustration is mainly fueled by the Rangers being on a hot streak. If they were like 6-4 over their last 10 this wouldn't be so bad.

Going 7-3 and not gaining ground or even losing a game makes today feel more important than an august series finale should
texasaggie2015
AG
I never thought optimism would be so unwelcome around here. I mean good lord. This thread is insufferable after losses.
Post removed:
by user
Ags #1
AG
You new here
First Page Last Page
Page 1687 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.