***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,510,906 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Beau Holder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Breaks just didn't go our way. The fan interference that wasn't called. The two reviewed plays that went their way. Yainer's liner not getting into the outfield.

Oh I forgot the dinosaur in the dugout leaving Brown in to give up the late two-run homer.
MAROON
AG
It feels exactly like a series win on the road against the best team in the AL!

Ag4life80
AG
The win in this series that isn't in the books, is the doubt their closer has that he can shut our offense down
W
AG
strangely enough...the problem is at Minute Maid

the Astros have the second best road record (35-25) in the American League

go figure
Chrundle the Great
AG
I just watched the replay of singleton's pop up, he just barely missed that pitch.
cc10106
Slowly getting better at home lately. Need to end Anaheim's *playoff chances this weekend.
Satellite of Love
Danwell Home said:

Damn, that Diaz hit hurts
Keeping Hunter in after 6 hurt...
CFTXAG10
AG
Helluva game by Tuve. He makes a 4 hit game look easy
Beerosch
AG
Ag4life80 said:

The win in this series that isn't in the books, is the doubt their closer has that he can shut our offense down
Yup, he had given up 5 ER's all season coming into the series, and in this series he gave up 5 ER's in 1.2 innings.
tremble
AG
Hats off to the Orioles because they made some ridiculous plays today in the field. Sucks because we could have won this pretty handily if the ball goes just a smidge further.
Beat40
I still think the real Astros are back. They took the series from the top team in the AL trough domination in games 1 & 2 and fought their way through some bad breaks today to put a ton of pressure on them.

This time September, the standings could look much different if the Astros continue to play the way they're playing.

Put Chas 5th right after Tucker and it could be a really, really dangerous offense.
Beat40
tremble said:

Hats off to the Orioles because they made some ridiculous plays today in the field. Sucks because we could have won this pretty handily if the ball goes just a smidge further.

I mean, just think if today's game is at MMP.
W
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Helluva game by Tuve. He makes a 4 hit game look easy
might reach 2,000 during the 4-game home series vs. the Red Sox later this month
CFTXAG10
AG
Beat40 said:

I still think the real Astros are back. They took the series from the top team in the AL trough domination in games 1 & 2 and fought their way through some bad breaks today to put a ton of pressure on them.

This time September, the standings could look much different if the Astros continue to play the way they're playing.

Put Chas 5th right after Tucker and it could be a really, really dangerous offense.
Altuve
Bregman
Alvarez
Tucker
Chas
Diaz

This first 6 should be set in concrete
AggiEE
3rdgenAg3 said:

What the **** do some of you see in singleton. Absolutely ****ing awful. Should have never been allowed to hit in that situation.

He's gotten on base multiple times in limited at bats.

And you expect him to be perfect out the gate against the best closer in baseball?

He produced more than Abreu this series
amercer
AG
Chrundle the Great said:

I just watched the replay of singleton's pop up, he just barely missed that pitch.

No storybook ending. Let's get the regular 1st baseman back and see if he can regress to the mean
Boiling Denim
Satellite of Love said:

Danwell Home said:

Yep I would rather have HB capped at 6 innings, France in the rotation and Urquidy in the pen versus trying to push these guys an extra inning to save the bullpen.
Prosperdick
AG
Beat40 said:

Totally agree...this one stung just because it was frustrating but overall the play has been really good.

Now if Dusty can just pull his head out of his ass and start catching Diaz more...there literally is nothing more he can do at this point to prove it.
Ag_07
AG
I'm guessing we see Abreu sit a few days if not hit the IL.

Let him get right and see if the rest does him some good for this home stretch. Interesting to think how long its been bothering him and he's been trying to play through it.
Chrundle the Great
AG
Beat40 said:

tremble said:

Which is exactly why we have to keep fighting for the division win.
Beau Holder
AG
AggiEE said:

3rdgenAg3 said:

What the **** do some of you see in singleton. Absolutely ****ing awful. Should have never been allowed to hit in that situation.

And you expect him to be perfect out the gate against the best closer in baseball?

Yeah I'm not sure how anyone can form a reasonable opinion on Singleton after one start. All I know is in two games in this series I saw him put up better ABs than we ever really get from Abreu.
Farmer1906
AG
Dusty was asked about Diaz's game overall - offense and defense. All he says was "it was a good day" and then goes on to talk about the Baltimore defense for the next 45 seconds.
Dies Irae
AggiEE said:

3rdgenAg3 said:

Agreed. Singleton's swing looks better and his eye looks better. I think he probably needs some time to adjust to the league.
Farmer1906
AG
Beat40 said:

tremble said:

Still net 1 HR for Altuve.
AgLA06
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Dusty was asked about Diaz's game overall - offense and defense. All he says was "it was a good day" and then goes on to talk about the Baltimore defense for the next 45 seconds.
I don't know if Diaz got caught banging Dusty's daughter or what, but his dumbass bias is F'ing stupid.
Beat40
Boiling Denim said:

Satellite of Love said:

Danwell Home said:

Yep I would rather have HB capped at 6 innings, France in the rotation and Urquidy in the pen versus trying to push these guys an extra inning to save the bullpen.

When appropriate, I want HB going beyond 6 innings to learn how to pitch deep. He should have just been batter to batter in that situation, but I am all for the kid figuring out how to finish the 7th.
Farmer1906
AG
AgLA06 said:

Farmer1906 said:

I don't know if Diaz got caught banging Dusty's daughter or what, but his dumbass bias is F'ing stupid.
He's getting the Chas treatment. By 2025, Yainer should be the everyday starter.
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

Beat40 said:

tremble said:

Were the homers by Adley and Mountcastle still HRs at MMP?
Ag_07
AG
Farmer1906 said:

AgLA06 said:

Farmer1906 said:

He's getting the Chas treatment. By 2025, Yainer should be the everyday starter.

No reason with another offseason he shouldn't be catching every 4 out of 5 games next year.

Hell if JV and Framber don't like it tell them they can wear the pitch comm and call their own GD games.
Farmer1906
AG
Beat40 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Beat40 said:

tremble said:

Yup. So would Urias's triple and Pena's pop out.

Edit: Mountcastle's would not. I was looking at Santander's flyout.

HRs in MMP
Altuve double to LF
Pena Flyout
Urias's triple
Santander's Flyout

Not HRs
Altuve HR
Mountcastle's HR
Beau Holder
AG
By 2024 we need a manager who knows how to use this roster.
Aggie8587
AG
76 straight series for the Orioles without being swept… that is ludicrous
Mathguy64
AG
The one by Mountcastle I think no. He got it into the camera well by 376. That's a shot high off the wall above our away pen to get out.
Boiling Denim
Beat40 said:

Boiling Denim said:

Satellite of Love said:

Danwell Home said:

When appropriate, I want HB going beyond 6 innings to learn how to pitch deep. He should have just been batter to batter in that situation, but I am all for the kid figuring out how to finish the 7th.

Meh he may not have 3 times through the lineup stuff. Blake Snell is putting a Cy Young season together this year and is averaging less than 6 IP a game
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

Beat40 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Beat40 said:

tremble said:

Yup. So would Urias's triple and Pena's pop out.
Thanks - those were the only 2 I thought about because looked like they barely got over the fence and I know the yellow line at that portion of MMP is pretty high.
First Page Last Page
Page 1637 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.