***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,447,039 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Marvin said:

Farmer1906 said:

Seems reasonable since Ramirez knocked Anderson into next week...
What a shame those two teams don't play each other again this year.
OKCAg2002
AG
Someone is getting cut from the 40 man, right?
n_touch
Farmer1906 said:

Moral of the story is make sure you win the fight or you will get the longer suspension
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Mr.Ackar07
Can you imagine a line up of:

Altuve 2B
Bregman 3B
Tucker RF
Yordan LF
McCormick CF
Abreu 1B/DH
Diaz C
Singleton DH/1B
Pena SS

Texaggie7nine
The promise of Singleton that we thought was to be in 2014 could still be a reality. Who would have thought it.
7nine
Ag_07
AG
I just think some of yall are setting the bar VERY high with Singleton.
Mr.Bond
AG
Ag_07 said:

I mean the bar is Jose Abreu and Kessinger.....
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

CFTXAG10
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

The promise of Singleton that we thought was to be in 2014 could still be a reality. Who would have thought it.
texasaggie2015
AG
Ag_07 said:

Yup....
Ag_07
AG
True but I don't expect him to even get many ABs.

PH a couple times here and there. MAYBE a start at DH is Yanier and Yordan are in the field.
Bonnettecj1
I'm hopeful for Singleton, but the reality is that he's probably a AAAA player.
BadAggie
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Mathguy64
AG
Ag_07 said:

He's replacing someone on an 0-36 run. And potentially take ABs from Captain Lou Abreu. You would need a micrometer and laser level to find the height of this bar.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Man between this and the stuff posted this morning, no wonder Graveman wanted out
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07 said:

I just want a big bearded Yordan at 1B/DH. I don't think that is asking too much.
Ag_07
AG
So we wanna take bets on what nasty BP arm Dusty chooses to give Jon his first AB against when we're down late with 2 outs and the winning run in scoring position?

OKCAg2002
AG
He brings so much more to the table than Bligh Madris. Do you really think that Madris could swing a game late? I don't. This move could very well change a loss into a win. When the standings are as tight as they are right now, that's huge.
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07 said:

So we wanna take bets on what nasty BP arm Dusty chooses to give Jon his first AB against when we're down late with 2 outs and the winning run in scoring position?

I am going with Yennier Cano.
n_touch
EastCoastAgNc said:

Man between this and the stuff posted this morning, no wonder Graveman wanted out
That's a dangerous place to hit him seeing how his body reacts to hits to the face
Farmer1906
AG
RED AG 98
AG
OKCAg2002 said:

He brings so much more to the table than Bligh Madris. Do you really think that Madris could swing a game late? I don't. This move could very well change a loss into a win. When the standings are as tight as they are right now, that's huge.
Should be good as long as he throws fastballs right?
OKCAg2002
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Ag_07 said:

Felix Bautista can touch 101.
HarryRocket
Ag_07 said:

Not really. I'm just glad to see the organization take a swing. This is an urgency move and I dig it. Works? Great! Doesn't? Same place.
bearkatag15
AG

This is an extreme example of what can happen when a team's tv announcer isn't all sunshine and rainbows about the team.
bearkatag15
AG
Mr.Bond
AG
bearkatag15 said:

This is an extreme example of what can happen when a team's tv announcer isn't all sunshine and rainbows about the team.
Good god.....
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Farmer1906
AG
Mr.Bond said:

bearkatag15 said:

Good god.....

No way that is the reason why. Gotta be more to the story.
Ag_07
AG
OKCAg2002 said:

I get all that.

But cmon...The guy was 3 for 29 in 11 games with the Brewers earlier this season.

Those are Jose Abreu numbers
texasaggie2015
AG
You would be surprised. I was in broadcasting for several years and there's certain teams and/or networks that are very particular about what you can and can't say and there's a zero tolerance policy if you break those rules.

I did play-by-play for a baseball team once and their rule was you can't mention the weather at all unless you refer to it as a "perfect day". I got in trouble for saying "warm summer day".

I also did some work for a team that wouldn't allow me to say they "lost" under any circumstances. I had to say things like "came up short".
Buck Compton
AG
Mr.Bond said:

bearkatag15 said:

Good god.....
Wow. I would have appreciated that context and commentary. In fact, it ended up being a very positive statement, saying that they've now won 3 of 5 against a very good Rays team.

Surely there's something we're missing here, right?
Farmer1906
AG
OKCAg2002 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Ag_07 said:

Felix Bautista can touch 101.
He's got a 2.7 WAR. The next closest reliver WAR is 1.9.

The Baltimore bullpen has 3 of the top 15 WAR delivers (Bautista, Cano, & Coulombe)

OKCAg2002
AG
Yeah, their bullpen is really damn good.
texasaggie2015
AG
I think Felix Bautista needs to get some serious Cy Young consideration
BadAggie
AG
MLB shows its appreciation to Jose Ramirez by cutting his suspension in half for knocking out Tim Anderson.

Back to you Chip
First Page Last Page
Page 1559 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.