***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,522,626 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dusty might be considered a "people person" and a great coach to some but from his track record of never winning **** until last year, and his self absorbed comments he needs to hit the ****ing road. He literally thinks he knows more about baseball than anyone on the planet yet it took him 100 years coaching and a stacked team gifted to him on a silver platter to win one. Not to mention any decent coach in his position would've won more with the teams he was given.

**** him.
Ag_07
AG
MAROON
AG
Crane should auction off spots in the room when he is finally let go. Lots of us would love to be there to get our pound of flesh.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
DVC2010
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Good lord they hate me over on that other thread. Pretty funny honestly. I've never trolled them or anything

Please don't get yourself banned. At least until 5 tomorrow.
Aggie8587
AG
SpaceCityAg05 said:

In the meanwhile, between Dusty going off yesterday about people trying to help him manage and this today, does anyone get the feeling that there is some tension between Dana Brown and Dusty right now?
He's already the worst manager in Astros history, but just add this to the damn ledger man…

You don't want your team to be disheartened by the lack of trade deadline activity, but you, the manager, are openly telling the media that you're disheartened? GFY Dusty.

The only reason this team has/will be disheartened is due to you being a dog**** manager that can't put his team in position to win baseball games in a tight division race
Marvin
AG
Aggie8587 said:

SpaceCityAg05 said:

In the meanwhile, between Dusty going off yesterday about people trying to help him manage and this today, does anyone get the feeling that there is some tension between Dana Brown and Dusty right now?
He's already the worst manager in Astros history, but just add this to the damn ledger man…

You don't want your team to be disheartened by the lack of trade deadline activity, but you, the manager, are openly telling the media that you're disheartened? GFY Dusty.

The only reason this team has/will be disheartened is due to you being a dog**** manager that can't put his team in position to win baseball games in a tight division race

The cleaner version than my effort.

Where's the Tylenol?
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Aggie95
AG
SpaceCityAg05 said:

This from the manager essentially sabotaging the teams w/l record by playing Maldy at catcher???
McInnis
AG
I wonder if Dusty doesn't like the fact that he isn't being consulted on potential trades (I hope he isn't).

Anyway, this kind of reminds me of Keuchel complaining that the Astros weren't making any moves before the deadline in '17. And we know how that turned out.
3B Paul 97
AG
I will say that last year I understood more of Dusty's decisions. He had a new team and had to figure out what roles he could trust guys in once we got to the post season. This year, he seems to be more stubborn around certain guys when there is a more clear path to be taken.
texasaggie2015
AG
Last I heard (this could have changed) Dana, Dusty and Crane and other execs meet fairly often to discuss potential roster moves. I have no idea how much input Dusty actually has.
Texaggie7nine
At the Juice box to see family member be honored for the military appreciation, but I feel like I'm just going to be watching twitter all night for updates.
7nine
EastCoastAgNc
AG
BadAggie
AG
Lol Dusty pointing fingers at the GM.

To get you players you won't play?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Quote:

Talks are fluid, and subject to change. But multiple sources briefed on the discussions told The Athletic on Monday that the Astros remain involved in the Verlander talks. Some believe a return to Houston is the future Hall of Famer's preferred outcome, citing, in part, his relationship with Crane.
texasaggie2015
AG
It's almost like "Ketch" knows things
EastCoastAgNc
AG
I'm wondering where they're gonna go for the LH bat option. Hopefully they don't get so much tunnel vision on JV that they miss out on that.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

It's almost like "Ketch" knows things

Hahahahahaha yes!
EastCoastAgNc
AG
512Ag
AG
How to eat a butt-ton of chicken wings?
tjack16
AG
512Ag said:

How to eat a butt-ton of chicken wings?

Pluckers is an official sponsor of Astros baseball
Dies Irae
Michael Bourn always seems like he's yelling at me
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Mathguy64
AG
Game time. We can't afford to lose to Cleveland so I can't afford to wait.

Karma for the good guys. Karma for Dana. Karma for good news in the next 22 hours.

AggiEE
BadAggie said:

Lol Dusty pointing fingers at the GM.

To get you players you won't play?

I think Dusty would prefer that no trades would be done at all so he can keep his guys
EastCoastAgNc
AG
k20dub
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Game time. We can't afford to lose to Cleveland so I can't afford to wait.

Karma for the good guys. Karma for Dana. Karma for good news in the next 22 hours.

Lawdy
Farmer1906
AG
Farmer1906
AG
Wabs
AG
TV broadcast advertising possible AL players of the month for the Astros and one of them is sitting the ****ing bench because of dumbass.
redline248
AG
I almost posted about 10 times today something similar to the following:

Regarding JV, if you're a gambling man, how much would you bet on JV hitting 140 IP next year? Is it worse to pay him next year after coming up short of a WS championship? Do you fear him getting hurt for a lot of the year?

Obviously, it's not my money, but if you can get another ring in '23, might be worth the risk for '25.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CvX44YeRQGh
texasaggie2015
AG
Boys… hold on to your butts.
redline248
AG
Wabs said:

TV broadcast advertising possible AL players of the month for the Astros and one of them is sitting the ****ing bench because of dumbass.
I, too, want Chas in there, but this is only the 2nd game he'll not play in July.
Mathguy64
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

When Montero leaves the BP I'll start believing.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

First Page Last Page
Page 1370 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.