***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,525,799 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
MAROON
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ball seven chant
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
W
AG
as we've discussed...

Julks' falling off a cliff hurt Dana's negotiating hand badly

same for Jake's summer slump
jah003
S
Graveman will fit in nicely.
MAROON
AG
That and no 2020 or 2021 1st or second round draft picks in the minors to deal
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Beat40
CoachAg19 said:

Supposedly this was a discussion between Yordan, Tuck, and Dusty where they all agreed that Tuck should stay in the 3-spot. I don't get it at all, but I imagine that they'll switch it up sometime soon. You just HAVE to get Yordan more ABs.
Altuve
Pena
Yordan
Tuck
Bregs
Abreu
Chas
Diaz
Dubon (or Julks)

With no Brantley, this is the ideal lineup IMO. It's been absolutely baffling to me ALL season that, after the success we had with Pena in the 2-spot last year, he's been bounced around the lineup so much. Leave him there for a few weeks behind Altuve, and with Yordan and Tuck behind him, and see what happens. If it isn't working, then you look at Bregs or possibly Chas in that spot if Chas continues to play as well as he has been lately.
Then there are two options in my eyes. Yordan bats 4th or he bats 2nd. I would prefer him bat 2nd if Tucker is going to bat 3rd.
Farmer1906
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Mathguy64 said:

They are selling assets to win a WS. Can't say as I blame them. We did it for JV and it worked. We tried it with Greinke and it was a pole shot from working.

We did do it to win a WS. This guarantees them nothing tho. Padres unloaded to get Snell, Soto, & Hader (all 3 light years better than what Tex just did) and they didn't make a WS last year and don't look like they will this year either.

No. We won the WS because we did it once and didn't win when we did it a second time. We did it to increase our chances to win a WS. That's why you do it. To increase your chances.

Sure. I bet the Mets thought they were increasing their chances when they spent 400 M on a roster this year.

I think they're blowing their wad because they overspent on big names so their window isn't going to stay open very long. Now they're doubling down on big trade names. The window maybe opened another inch but it also I probably slamming shut in 2 years.
mwm
Good. I hate Manfred, too.
Beat40
W said:

as we've discussed...

Julks' falling off a cliff hurt Dana's negotiating hand badly

same for Jake's summer slump
Yordan needs to play LF and Yanier needs to DH if Maldy is playing.
Beau Holder
AG
May as well invest the time elsewhere any time this team has a chance to take the division lead.
W
AG
Julks sighting
Gmanoutdoors
AG
Why is Julks hitting for Tucker
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Mathguy64 said:

They are selling assets to win a WS. Can't say as I blame them. We did it for JV and it worked. We tried it with Greinke and it was a pole shot from working.

We did do it to win a WS. This guarantees them nothing tho. Padres unloaded to get Snell, Soto, & Hader (all 3 light years better than what Tex just did) and they didn't make a WS last year and don't look like they will this year either.

No. We won the WS because we did it once and didn't win when we did it a second time. We did it to increase our chances to win a WS. That's why you do it. To increase your chances.

Sure. I bet the Mets thought they were increasing their chances when they spent 400 M on a roster this year.

I think they're blowing their wad because they overspent on big names so their window isn't going to stay open very long. Now they're doubling down on big trade names. The window maybe opened another inch but it also I probably slamming shut in 2 years.
I honestly don't care much what the Rangers do. I am confident if the Astros added another SP and maybe a BP guy they can beat anyone.

Bielak is starting to turn more into the pumpkin we thought he was.
linkdude
AG
Love it when Dusty gives up
W
AG
this is true
Bonnettecj1
Dusty waving the white flag
Bigballin
AG
Dusty threw in the towel with Julks in...
CoachAg19
AG
Beat40 said:

CoachAg19 said:

Supposedly this was a discussion between Yordan, Tuck, and Dusty where they all agreed that Tuck should stay in the 3-spot. I don't get it at all, but I imagine that they'll switch it up sometime soon. You just HAVE to get Yordan more ABs.
Altuve
Pena
Yordan
Tuck
Bregs
Abreu
Chas
Diaz
Dubon (or Julks)

With no Brantley, this is the ideal lineup IMO. It's been absolutely baffling to me ALL season that, after the success we had with Pena in the 2-spot last year, he's been bounced around the lineup so much. Leave him there for a few weeks behind Altuve, and with Yordan and Tuck behind him, and see what happens. If it isn't working, then you look at Bregs or possibly Chas in that spot if Chas continues to play as well as he has been lately.
Then there are two options in my eyes. Yordan bats 4th or he bats 2nd. I would prefer him bat 2nd if Tucker is going to bat 3rd.

I agree that Yordan should at least be batting 4th if they want to keep Tuck in the 3-spot. Bregs has been too streaky at the plate this year to be hitting 4th. He gets really hot for a few weeks, and then does nothing but pop out for a week.
Class of 2010
W
AG
Bregman singles

have to say AB does not give up any at-bats...regardless of score
Marvin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Meaning the Rangers? I'm not sure these assets have a place on the field in the near future, but it does deplete the talent available to trade in the future. Or to backfill injuries.

I doubt they consider it to be mortgaging the future, but maybe I am wrong.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
W
AG
Yordan singles
SECcess12
I can't believe we won a WS last year with our buffoon manager.

If we want to win another one, Crane/Dana have some tough decisions to make. Sounds like we aren't willing to do what is necessary including trades or parting with unproductive players.
W
AG
Astros have 10 hits today -- 9 of them singles

zero walks
tjack16
AG
SECcess12 said:

If we want to win another one, Crane/Dana have some tough decisions to make. Sounds like we aren't willing to do what is necessary including trades or parting with unproductive players.

I'm convinced Biden could have managed this team to a WS last year with how good the bullpen was performing
Marvin
AG
Bielak, Abreu's defense, Dusty's lineup, and the double digit curse were just too much to overcome today. It was a cornucopia of suckage.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Beau Holder
AG
The bright side is I love that getting blown out immediately followed the dunce manager saying "I don't need help managing, thanks"
tjack16
AG
2-0 start to the homestand, with first place in sight, Altuve and Yordan return.

1-3 finish
linkdude
AG
Three more with the mediocre Guardians. 2-1 probably the best we can hope for.
mwm
It's already been said, but it's hard to believe that Crane would allow his investment to be mis-managed by an ego-driven old man.
CoachAg19
AG
SECcess12 said:

I'm waiting until after the trade deadline to make a judgement in that regard. There's still time for them to go make a move. IMO it has to be for a starting pitcher.
We aren't going to part ways with Maldy. Not in the middle of the season. Nor do I necessarily think that we should. He still has value with this team. However, he should NOT be the every day guy at C. Diaz is clearly the better option, but Dusty seems adamant on trotting Maldy out there more often.
Class of 2010
linkdude
AG
I would consider Crane an ego-driven old man, so there's that.
McInnis
AG
tjack16 said:

SECcess12 said:

I'm convinced Biden could have managed this team to a WS last year with how good the bullpen was performing
Boiling Denim
mwm said:

It's already been said, but it's hard to believe that Crane would allow his investment to be mis-managed by an ego-driven old man.

Back of the baseball card decision to bring him back

Someone in the FO needs to nut up and start saying NO
mwm
Probably true. But, typically, the ego-driven maniac with more money wins.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
W
AG
Machete 0 for 4 today

looking forward to his start tomorrow....yeah
First Page Last Page
Page 1355 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.