***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,526,055 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I like the approach here. It's consistent with how this org has operated in the past.

We're not afraid of the big move but it's got to be a smart move. It's methodical and it's not just a throw prospects and money out there for the splash.

And man looking at the Rangers and where they are there's a ton of we told you so with them. We told them DeGrom was fragile, that Perez was going to come back to earth and last season was the anomaly, that the offense couldn't sustain the early production, and that their BP was going to be an issue. Well here they are with DeGrom out, Perez sucking, the offense coming back to earth, and the BP in need of help and us 1 GB.
Prosperdick
AG
Ag_07 said:

I like the approach here. It's consistent with how this org has operated in the past.

We're not afraid of the big move but it's got to be a smart move. It's methodical and it's not just a throw prospects and money out there for the splash.

And man looking at the Rangers and where they are there's a ton of we told you so with them. We told them DeGrom was fragile, that Perez was going to come back to earth and last season was the anomaly, that the offense couldn't sustain the early production, and that their BP was going to be an issue. Well here they are with DeGrom out, Perez sucking, the offense coming back to earth, and the BP in need of help and us 1 GB.
Would love nothing more than Max getting desperate and going back to the illegal sticky stuff, getting busted and suspended. That would be chef's kiss.

OK, I WOULD love more than that...like Justin f***ing Verlander back with the Stros!!!!
tjack16
AG

Hope nobody took this parlay
texasaggie2015
AG
Astros and Mets aren't close but still engaged as of this morning
tjack16
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

If we can't get JV, I hope we at least get Rodriguez from Detroit or Flaherty

But I want JV bad
redline248
AG
Dubon CF
Maldy C

Let the games begin
Marvin
AG
redline248 said:

Dubon CF
Maldy C

Let the games begin

Seriously, or is my sarcasm meter broke again?
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
texasaggie2015
AG
We won't have to pull Meyers out of the game when he's traded this afternoon
redline248
AG
All I do is Nguyen
I would love to sit down with Dusty and have him explain his logic behind some of these lineups.
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
tjack16
AG
Altuve and Yordan playing FOUR games in a row? That has to be illegal right?!
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Great game Diaz no sit down, Jake way to put it together with multiple hits and runs scored, you know where your spot is. Oh hey guys I also asked the clubhouse staff for that special bubble gum I know you like to chew when you're in the dugout
jah003
S
I don't know the record for most different lineup combinations but we have to be approaching it at this point right?

Dusty man… you can play the same lineup 2 days in a row.
Marvin
AG
My goodness, when will the insanity stop? This has to be a joke.

maca1028
Dusty is such a POS
Dies Irae
I think we need to all finally acknowledge that Abreu has progressed from "monumental black hole at 1B" to "slightly worse than replacement level"
EastCoastAgNc
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

If the main issue is the money for the option year, he may not great traded to anybody other than maybe the Reds. The dodgers are gonna want as much luxury tax room as possible for Ohtani in the future.
Farmer1906
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

I would love to sit down with Dusty and have him explain his logic behind some of these lineups.

No you don't. Just read what he said about Pena batting second.

Quote:

Dusty Baker said he is hitting Jeremy Peña second in hopes he'll see more fastballs and be able to better utilize use his speed hitting ahead of Kyle Tucker.

"You're not going to steal too much with Yordan (up) because they'll just walk him," Baker said.

The amount of fastballs you see in the 2 vs 8 is not significant based on what happened last year.

Pena isn't exactly a great base stealer.

He's basically saying Alvarez is better than Tucker if they'll walk Alvarez but not Tucker. Why are you batting Alvarez 5th then?
Farmer1906
AG
Dies Irae said:

I think we need to all finally acknowledge that Abreu has progressed from "monumental black hole at 1B" to "slightly worse than replacement level"

I think you're mistaken. He's back to himself and has been for about 2 months now.
Marvin
AG
Diaz's 110 wRC+ is 9th for MLB catchers with at least 200 plate appearances. Maldonado's 51 is 28th out of 29 catchers that made the cutoff.

Oh, it's about defense? Diaz has a -1.3 dWAR compared to a -2.2 for Maldonado.

There is ZERO argument for playing Maldy at this point. It's just ridiculous that Astros leadership allows Mr. Potato Head to keep making this decision over and over again. It makes you question their ability to keep this train rolling.
Farmer1906
AG
This was timely

tremble
AG
Dusty, once again, showing he's a ****ing moron.

Dana needs to trade or DFA Maldonado so he'll stop wasting a roster spot.
gougler08
AG
It really feels like Dana will have to cut or somehow trade Maldy like we did with Straw to improve the team at this point
MaxPower
He's too old to put together more than 3 of his own statements. Each one of his statements is justify that specific decision without any regard for whether or how it contradicts justifications for any other decisions. Basically he has no respect for reporters (justifiably since they don't push him) or the fans.
BadAggie
AG
Marvin said:

Diaz's 110 wRC+ is 9th for MLB catchers with at least 200 plate appearances. Maldonado's 51 is 28th out of 29 catchers that made the cutoff.

Oh, it's about defense? Diaz has a -1.3 dWAR compared to a -2.2 for Maldonado.

There is ZERO argument for playing Maldy at this point. It's just ridiculous that Astros leadership allows Mr. Potato Head to keep making this decision over and over again. It makes you question their ability to keep this train rolling.

This. Maldy's defense has fallen off significantly this season. With a capable replacement available no real reason he should be playing as much.
Farmer1906
AG

Games in a good place right now.
Ag4life80
AG
Throw in Dusty as part of the JV deal. Multiple problems solved.
BadAggie
AG
Farmer1906 said:

This was timely

Guess he needed a couple months to adjust.
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Games in a good place right now.

Guess pitch clock and the new rules did not in fact drive fans away like some thought
texasaggie2015
AG
I've said it before but I'll reemphasize. Maldy is not getting DFA'd.
BadAggie
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I've said it before but I'll reemphasize. Maldy is not getting DFA'd.

With offensive and defensive production not there we're back to 'intangibles' for why he continues to get as many starts
Mr.Bond
AG
Diaz Bomb and a Double....... end of the bench son

F
U
C
K

You, you toothpick eating ass clown.
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

texasaggie2015
AG
The vast majority of pitchers on the staff have been very vocal about him catching when they start. I don't know specifics as to why.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Does anybody in the media ever ask him why the worst catcher in history is playing 4/5 and the young stud who is better in all facets is playing 1/5
3B Paul 97
AG
How much will Dusty's BS impact us from being able to get Diaz to agree to a long term deal?

* if Diaz shows enough in regular playing time to deserve it.
First Page Last Page
Page 1343 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.