***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,536,641 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Proudag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag_07 said:

Proudag06 said:

Ok, now that Yordon and Altuve back, what is the regular lineup

Good one

By regular of course I mean, the one that ends up happening most often, if still an overall minority, because statistically one will eventually (probably) occur more than others.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Now if only he could figure out how to hit pitches thrown like his bowling ball...fast and straight
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Serious question. Have we had the same lineup two games in a row a single time this season? It seems like there is something that changes every single day be it personnel or positions or order
MAROON
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I think he's wrong. Crane isn't paying that salary. Maybe Cohen agrees to eat some of it to get a deal done
EastCoastAgNc
AG
MAROON said:

Farmer1906 said:

I think he's wrong. Crane isn't paying that salary. Maybe Cohen agrees to eat some of it to get a deal done
I forget where I read it the other day, but someone pointed out that any deal for Verlander would likely require the Mets to take on a bad contract with it in Montero.
MAROON
AG
That certainly makes more sense. Also ship them Bagwell to their front office.
TREX01
Is Randy Johnson available?
Prosperdick
AG
I keep waiting to check on this thread and see like 125 new replies and know we got Verlander (or something really bad like an injury that I don't even want to think about) but that was so fun the last time we got him, I'd like to revisit it please. C'mon Dana and Crane, make it happen! ****, have Keuchel call him up and remind him!
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906
AG
https://www.mlb.com/news/where-every-mlb-team-needs-to-upgrade-at-2023-trade-deadline

Quote:

Astros: Starting pitching
The Astros would like to add a left-handed bat and a reliever or two before the Trade Deadline, but upgrading the rotation is the bigger priority for first-year GM Dana Brown. With three starters -- Lance McCullers Jr., Luis Garcia and Jos Urquidy -- going down to injury, the Astros need to make sure they can cover the necessary innings over the final two months of the season.

With the JV talk here is what the Mets want. Does that mean someone like Seth Martinez would be interesting to them. Maybe Robel Blanco? Dubin?in my mind most of these guys don't hold all that much value.

Quote:

Mets: Controllable relief pitching
The Mets are one of the most interesting bubble teams in the league, as GM Billy Eppler could decide to become a buyer or seller in the coming days. Either way, the bullpen will need some help in 2024 (David Robertson was dealt to the Marlins on Thursday night and Trevor Gott is a free agent, while Brooks Raley has a $6.25 million club option), so adding a controllable bullpen piece or two would address that need while also strengthening the unit for the stretch run.
Wabs
AG
Sounds Montero is a perfect fit for the Mets!
tjack16
AG
They're paying Brooks Raley $6.2 million … oh gosh
AgLA06
AG
tjack16 said:

Is hating on Aggies athletes your kink?
88Warrior
TREX01 said:

Is Randy Johnson available?

Man the Dome was rocking when we got him!
CFTXAG10
AG
Imagine JV back to Houston, AND a Korey Lee package to Miami that brings back Yuli and more pitching depth.

tjack16
AG
AgLA06 said:

tjack16 said:

Is hating on Aggies athletes your kink?

Who else have I hated on?
The Porkchop Express
AG
tjack16 said:

He sucked for us in '21, but he's had 2 really nice years back to back.

Farmer1906
AG
tjack16 said:

2.61 ERA over his last 104 games. Pretty good.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Not gonna outbid the Orioles for him.
Ag_07
AG
Parker Mush maybe?
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

2.61 ERA over his last 104 games. Pretty good.

I know he had a bounce back but I was assuming he is making closer to $3M

Doesn't really matter I was just surprised but apparently I've been hating on Aggie athletes a lot which is news to me
MaxPower
texasaggie2015 said:

I actually haven't heard this
Both teams are trying to compete so not sure what we could get to help for a playoff run. He and Eder have similar grades and we could use a lefty but wouldn't help us this year. Maybe he could be a lefty long reliever.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Please, anybody but the Rangers. I know he idolizes Nolan Ryan...but come on...
MaxPower
The question is whether he would waive his no trade to go there. Does he think they are the real deal this year and, just as importantly, next year? He has a rapport with Maldy so this might be the rare instance having him on the roster could be useful.
bearkatag15
AG

24 year old infielder with some pop. Seems like a good candidate to use in a trade.
bearkatag15
AG
MaxPower said:

The question is whether he would waive his no trade to go there. Does he think they are the real deal this year and, just as importantly, next year? He has a rapport with Maldy so this might be the rare instance having him on the roster could be useful.
Rangers pursued him in the offseason and he went to the Mets instead. Could have been about money but still, he's turned them down before.
Farmer1906
AG
He didn't want to play for a loser. Maybe the first 100 games changed his mind.
tjack16
AG
I wouldn't be shocked if JV ends up in Arlington. Selfishly I'd like him to go somewhere in the NL though

Surely the morality of the Rangers org wouldn't want a filthy "cheating" Astro though right? At least that's what they claim
EastCoastAgNc
AG
tjack16 said:

I wouldn't be shocked if JV ends up in Arlington. Selfishly I'd like him to go somewhere in the NL though

Surely the morality of the Rangers org wouldn't want a filthy "cheating" Astro though right? At least that's what they claim
Any morality they had went out the window when they traded for a known domestic abuser in Chapman.
Wabs
AG
tjack16 said:

Well JV isn't "obese" so maybe they'll take him.
BadAggie
AG
Prediction. Astros are going to trade for a veteran name not yet mentioned in any trade rumors and the board will love him until it hates him
Mathguy64
AG
Snell and Hader would be big adds. Frankly that's what Arlington should do. It solves both of their problems.

Both FA rentals so the price shouldn't be insane. Both having good years for a team that is way underperforming.
CSWendt
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

tjack16 said:

Any morality they had went out the window when they traded for a known domestic abuser in Chapman.

Didn't we do the same thing years back when we traded for Osuna?
BadAggie
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Snell and Hader would be big adds. Frankly that's what Arlington should do. It solves both of their problems.

Both FA rentals so the price shouldn't be insane. Both having good years for a team that is way underperforming.

Hey, uh, maybe Astros should
astros4545
AG
CSWendt said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

tjack16 said:

Didn't we do the same thing years back when we traded for Osuna?

I'm SO GLAD WE GOT ****IN OSUNA!!!
First Page Last Page
Page 1304 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.