***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,550,285 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
BadAggie
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Actually 2 decent PH options in Diaz and Dubon- someone tell Dusty.

Basically. Assuming Astros trade for a bat who can start then you move Julks to bench.
BadAggie
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Buh bye Jake.

Hopefully.

Right?

Farmer1906
AG
BadAggie said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Buh bye Jake.

Hopefully.

Right?

Y'all have a twisted view on Jake. He's been better than Dubon.
GoodBullShark
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Farmer1906 said:

That image is borderline pronographic…it's a lot of wood.
He's getting ready to **** DFW.
wangus12
AG
Farmer1906 said:

BadAggie said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Buh bye Jake.

Hopefully.

Right?

Don't you go hating on Dubie now. He's been the season MVP so far
BCEDAg
AG
Farmer1906 said:

BadAggie said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Buh bye Jake.

Hopefully.

Right?

Really?? And in what capacity has Jake been better than Dubon?
mAgnoliAg
AG
Can Yainer play 1st or left?
GoodBullShark
AG
Making catches crashing into the wall should about sum it up...
fullback44
AG
I would sit Pena tonight and put Dubon in short .. Pena needs to wake up with the bat .. riding the pine is what he needs to adjust his mind
GoodBullShark
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

Can Yainer play 1st or left?
Pretty sure he has played 1st this year?
Mathguy64
AG
Farmer1906 said:

BadAggie said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Buh bye Jake.

Hopefully.

Right?

Jake has the capability of making a 5 star catch. And just as much capability of turning a 1 star catch into a 3 base/2 run error.

I don't trust him in CF. I hate to say it but I don't.
Cromagnum
AG
fullback44 said:

I would sit Pena tonight and put Dubon in short .. Pena needs to wake up with the bat .. riding the pine is what he needs to adjust his mind

LOL. Have you seen Dubon's ABs lately? They aren't any better.
Farmer1906
AG
BCEDAg said:

Farmer1906 said:

BadAggie said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Buh bye Jake.

Hopefully.

Right?

Really?? And in what capacity has Jake been better than Dubon?
He's better at getting on base and has hit for similar power (not much). Overall they're pretty similar offensively.
  • Jake - .301 wOBA / .298 xwOBA
  • Dubon - .288 wOBA / .292 xwOBA

Defensively Jake is elite at getting to balls. He's so good at it, he makes it look easy so the fans don't even realize. Dubon's versatility is what makes him valuable. Jack of all trades, but master of none.
  • Jake - +7 Fielding Runs Value (leads the team)
  • Dubon - +2 Fielding Runs Value (slight might innings but he's played 1B, 2B, SS, & LF)
fullback44
AG
Cromagnum said:

fullback44 said:

LOL. Have you seen Dubon's ABs lately? They aren't any better.

I know they are both sucking .. but my thought is bench Pena a few games to get him straight .. maybe he wakes up, we need Pena in the long run but he needs to get better. Dubon can play utility and better get back on track or he will be left out

And I will be pissed if Dusty does something stupid and plays Dubon in center over Chas .. he can't be that dumb I hope
Farmer1906
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Farmer1906 said:

BadAggie said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Buh bye Jake.

Hopefully.

Right?

Jake has the capability of making a 5 star catch. And just as much capability of turning a 1 star catch into a 3 base/2 run error.

Fair, but what nets out is a plus defender. If he didn't have those few hiccups, I wouldn't be shocked if he lead the league in Fielding Value.
Farmer1906
AG
redline248
AG
redline248 said:

Y'all forgot Pena got a hit in the 2 hole last night, so he probably stays there

Altuve
Pena
Yordan
Bregman
Tucker
Abreu
Chas
Julks
Maldy
I had Yordan and Tucker flipped. Incredible, Dusty...just incredible
Ag_07
AG
I tend to think Pena will get right hitting in the 2 hole with all the protection he has before he'll get right sitting a few days.

Pena has been really good hitting in front of Yordan. Now if we could just get a manager that wouldn't bat him 5th.
Mathguy64
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Farmer1906 said:

BadAggie said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Buh bye Jake.

Hopefully.

Right?

Fair, but what nets out is a plus defender. If he didn't have those few hiccups, I wouldn't be shocked if he lead the league in Fielding Value.
The problem is he makes that bad play fairly often. It's getting to where it's once a game or more. Certainly more that the chance of that 5 star play.

Misplaying balls hit to him letting runners take extra bases.
Throwing to the wrong base letting runners take extra bases.
Having such a weak arm that runners take extra bases at will (ok that's not a bad play so much as a real limitation of him as a player).

He's got a great jump and speed to get to gaps. No doubt. But not being able to throw to the correct base is basic baseball IQ. I don't know if it's just him, the other OFers not yelling out where to go or bad coaching. But whatever it is it makes him less valuable overall IMHO.
Ag_07
AG
Jake plays very timid. Don't know if it's the injury to the shoulder or the pressure of being benched the next day.

He makes too many mental mistakes. The mental mistakes don't show up on Fangraphs.
Marvin
AG
Almost posted something by accident on the Rangerettes thread, then saw that Prosper actually did. They went through their "why you keep coming here bro, we don't even care about you, obsessed much" spiel.

What they don't get is that we are not accustomed to their thread being at the top of the page. It's been Astros Astros Astros for the past six years. So PARDON me if I accidentally click on the top thread assuming it is ours.

ReNt fReE… did I do that right, Arlingtonians?
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
tjack16
AG

Welp
Farmer1906
AG
I think you are greatly overestimating the miscues.
BadAggie
AG
DFW fans only care about their fave sports teams having 'relevance'. That's why a half season of having a pulse and some all-stars is superior in their bumfvkk minds to coming off a 2nd WS title.

TLDR Rangers fans are Cowboys fans in the summer.
Mathguy64
AG
Obviously I don't have a way to go back and count them but my internal guestimator says they are happening at least one time per game.

I also think some of this is mental. These were not mistakes he was making in previous years.
Mathguy64
AG
tjack16 said:

Welp
Whatever. Get JV. The White Sox can pound sand.
BadAggie
AG
I mean, makes sense, don't give up elite pitching for every team's version of a Forrest Whitley and Bligh Madris offer.
tjack16
AG
BadAggie said:

I mean, makes sense, don't give up elite pitching for every team's version of a Forrest Whitley and Bligh Madris offer.

Wait you're telling me nobody would want THE Bligh madris?! The matchup nightmare for righties according to one manager in particular!
Beau Holder
AG
I'm with you here. My only issue with Meyers as a fielder is his noodle arm. Was it better before the injury? I can't remember.
Cromagnum
AG
Marvin said:

Almost posted something by accident on the Rangerettes thread, then saw that Prosper actually did. They went through their "why you keep coming here bro, we don't even care about you, obsessed much" spiel.

What they don't get is that we are not accustomed to their thread being at the top of the page. It's been Astros Astros Astros for the past six years. So PARDON me if I accidentally click on the top thread assuming it is ours.

They could just make our thread orange, and their thread whatever ugly color they want.
BadAggie
AG
Should be Cowboys blue
Chef Elko
AG
Marvin said:

WRTS
Ag_07
AG
What's also funny is they act like they aren't over here. There are quotes they pull off our thread and post over there.

The whole 'You're reading our thread' schtick is odd. Like I said earlier I along with lots of others read all the threads on here. Big fckn deal
First Page Last Page
Page 1278 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.