***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,548,949 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
aggie813
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If Cease is a no go, what about Rodriguez from Detroit? Haven't heard much about him in trade talks. Farmer or Ketch could speak more intelligent about his contract than what I know. Would be nice to get another lefty though.
Ciboag96
Soooooooo

Altuve and Yordan are back.

But, Pena in two hole, Yordan stuck in 5th and Chas got demoted to 7th.

Still threw stuff.
Prosperdick
AG
Marvin said:

Almost posted something by accident on the Rangerettes thread, then saw that Prosper actually did. They went through their "why you keep coming here bro, we don't even care about you, obsessed much" spiel.

What they don't get is that we are not accustomed to their thread being at the top of the page. It's been Astros Astros Astros for the past six years. So PARDON me if I accidentally click on the top thread assuming it is ours.

ReNt fReE… did I do that right, Arlingtonians?
What's funny is it was just a Waterboy gif of the coach saying "Oh s***, he showed up" and I said that's what Bochy is saying tonight. I immediately removed it but in that short time it actually got a star from someone, I guess it wasn't that mean.

I ended up not posting it here because you can read the word "s***" and I didn't want to risk a ban from a pro ranger mod.

But yeah, it was a mistake because they were at the top of the page. They're such thin skinned pu$$ies.
BadAggie
AG
We gots sum aLl sTaRS and almost won a woRld sEriEs

Fkin clowns
Ag_07
AG
BadAggie said:

Fkin clowns

You forgot...

'Our HOF greatest 2nd baseman ever sucker punched a dude!!!!'
Prosperdick
AG
Ag_07 said:

BadAggie said:

Fkin clowns

You forgot...

'Our HOF 2nd baseman, who is totally better than Altuve, sucker punched a dude!!!!'
FIFY
BadAggie
AG
Maybe Rough Odor can join Rat Fiers in the Chinese League now that he's out of the league
Farmer1906
AG
aggie813 said:

If Cease is a no go, what about Rodriguez from Detroit? Haven't heard much about him in trade talks. Farmer or Ketch could speak more intelligent about his contract than what I know. Would be nice to get another lefty though.

I kind of like Lorenzen better and he's probably cheaper.
aggie813
What do you like about him over Rodriguez other than being cheaper?...which I totally agree with.
Farmer1906
AG
aggie813 said:

What do you like about him over Rodriguez other than being cheaper?...which I totally agree with.

Better stuff+

I think there is room to "fix" him with our nerds and coaches. His slider and fastball have played well this year. High spin guy. Reinvented himself a few times so maybe he's be open to it. It's not like Cincy & Det are pumping out aces out of no where like we do (Tampa, LAD, etc).

He also doesn't have the player option to hold over our heads if a major injury happens.
aggie813
Great analysis...always appreciate the info you give.
BadAggie
AG
If not Cease any other White Sox pitcher?
3B Paul 97
AG
They will keep saying no on Cease, but they want to keep the price up. Money talks and he will move if the package
Is right.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Mathguy64
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

That is very strange. After winning today Cleveland is only 2.0 back of the Twins but down 3 starters. Are they bailing out of the season?
Cromagnum
AG
Ciboag96 said:

Soooooooo

Altuve and Yordan are back.

But, Pena in two hole, Yordan stuck in 5th and Chas got demoted to 7th.

Still threw stuff.

If Pena is a GIDP machine today, I will lose my *****
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Mathguy64 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

That is very strange. After winning today Cleveland is only 2.0 back of the Twins but down 3 starters. Are they bailing out of the season?
Who knows. I think they realize that even if they make it to first place, they have no chance to advance in past a DS stage. They seem content most years to just let it ride and hope they get lucky.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Marvin
AG
What about Montgomery as an option?
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Farmer1906
AG
Mathguy64 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

They're buying and selling.

Selling a so-so rental where they can get a decent prospect while back filling the major league roster with young talent. They have 2 guys on their bench listed at INF/OF. Maybe they get a shot. Their #1 prospect is a SS. Maybe he gets a call up.

Looks like one of their broadcasters agree.

BCEDAg
AG
After reviewing tonight's Astro lineup it's obvious to me that Espada has no input in making out the lineups.
Farmer1906
AG

I wouldn't be mad if that is who the Rangers add. We love crushing his fastballs.
Daddy-O5
AG
Let's go Fat Framber!

Or whatever your new name is.
texasaggie2015
AG
BCEDAg said:

After reviewing tonight's Astro lineup it's obvious to me that Espada has no input in making out the lineups.

This is correct. It's strictly Dusty.
jetch17
AG

EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Mathguy64 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Selling a so-so rental where they can get a decent prospect while back filling the major league roster with young talent. They have 2 guys on their bench listed at INF/OF. Maybe they get a shot. Their #1 prospect is a SS. Maybe he gets a call up.

EastCoastAgNc
AG
Mathguy64
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Farmer1906 said:

Mathguy64 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Dear THOR

Adios mofo.

The Dodgers.
Beerosch
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

JFC what a joke
AustinAg2K
Bold prediction. The Rangers season is on the line tonight. If they win, they stay in the playoff hunt for the whole season. If they lose, they go into a downward spiral, lose 10 straight, and aren't a playoff contender again until at least 2025.
Teddy Perkins
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

That's interesting.
Mathguy64
AG
jetch17 said:

I've met Andrew Card and heard him tell the story of that day. Him telling Bush what happened while he was sitting in an elementary school classroom and Bush not reacting always struck me as the most amazing case of poker face ever.
All I do is Nguyen
ITS OBESE FRAMBER DAY!!!!
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
Mathguy64
AG
Let's go! Fatties for Framber!

Fumbleruski
First Page Last Page
Page 1279 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.