***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,551,453 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
as others posted last night...

once Tucker caught the final out....the odds of Altuve and Yordan playing today went down...considerably
W
AG
BadAggie said:

Bag said:

Any update on Uncle Mikes status?

Hate to say it but the official announcement he's done for the season will likely be made Aug. 2nd.

That the Astros are still looking for a bat and the dearth of info on his return ('hey he ran the bases') tells you all you need to know.

Hope I'm wrong.
someone please tell this to Julia

she's been giving optimistic and glowing (and wrong) reports about Brantley's health for 4 months
Ag_07
AG
So her source must be Bagwell
Mathguy64
AG
Pretty sure Julia's job is pretty much 24/7 optimism and glowing.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I think Dusty will want both of them to DH to "ease" back into things. Id still play 44 in LF and Tuve as DH but the hell do I know.
Wabs
AG
Julia just reports what she's seeing Brantley do and what she's heard from interviews with Dusty, Dana, etc. Plus she's hot.
AustinCountyAg
W said:

once Tucker caught the final out....the odds of Altuve and Yordan playing today went down...considerably
heard Dana on 790 this morning and it sure sounded like to me that yordan and Altuve would be in the lineup tonight.
Ag_07
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

I think Dusty will want both of them to DH to "ease" back into things

Yeah probably but it makes no sense.

What's the point of his extra day BS policy then?

Get these guys in the lineup, let them mash, assert your dominance with a sweep over your division foe to pull into a tie and LFG!
ttha_aggie_09
AG
It doesn't make sense but Dusty… hope they're both back tonight
Cromagnum
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

W said:

heard Dana on 790 this morning and it sure sounded like to me that yordan and Altuve would be in the lineup tonight.

I'm ready to be tippin on 44's again.

Prosperdick
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

W said:

I'm sure that's what Dana THINKS...but Donkey gonna Donkey.
gigemJTH12
AG
Big Bucks said:

Wabs said:

Our offseason acquisitions/signings.......wow.......

Almost like not having a real GM all off-season impacted analysis and decision making.
we won a World Series without a real coach so we should be okay
Chef Elko
AG
iamtheglove said:

jkag89 said:

AlwaysNextYear89 said:

The ONLY acceptable and correct response!
I disagree
Fightin' Texas Aggie Baseball - 4
Fightin' Texas Aggie Football - 4
Houston Astors - 2

My list:

Year 1: Astros
Year 2: Astros, Aggie FB
Year 3: Astros, Aggie FB, Aggie baseball, Aggie basketball
Year 4 Astros, Aggie FB
Year 5: Astros

Make year three the first year of the sips and okies in the SEC and that would be epic
W
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

W said:

this would definitely be the smart thing to do --- especially with a chance to clinch the tiebreaker

but we know Dusty is looking at that off day on Thursday...
Mathguy64
AG
Now the Rangerettes are talking themselves into getting JV.

They get JV, Robertson, a bucket load of cash for 2 single A players.

jah003
S
Mathguy64 said:

I would think JV would want to be on a championship caliber team.
Ag_07
AG
I think at this point in his career JV isn't going to any city that he's not familiar with.
Wabs
AG
Mathguy64 said:

As I mentioned earlier, our series win and possible sweep is going to make the Rangers desperate to make moves.
linkdude
AG
From yesterday, caption this...
n_touch
linkdude said:

"They are both ready but I looked at the calendar and these are scheduled days off for load balancing."
Mathguy64
AG
linkdude said:

You see that guy I'm pointing to? That's Dusty Baker. He's in charge and I take my walking orders from him.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

BOOOOOOO
Prosperdick
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Except grapesoda, who likely was high at the time, saying he would rather have Max because JV has "Astros taint all over him."

I wonder if that idiot knows Max has been busted for cheating. Oh who are we kidding, they have a girlfriend beater as their closer, they are hypocrites of the highest order.
n_touch
linkdude said:

" For the last time, this is not on me. I told you when you started that just because he is in the hall of fame, he is not the right person to determine the timeline for a shoulder injury return. This one is on you."
n_touch
Quote:

Except grapesoda, who likely was high at the time, saying he would rather have Max because JV has "Astros taint all over him."
Remember in school when they taught about the importance of an apostrophe. This is a great example.
AustinCountyAg
Ag_07 said:

I think at this point in his career JV isn't going to any city that he's not familiar with.
completely disagree. Rangers are a dang good team and I could easily see JV accepting a trade there knowing good well they are World Series contenders.
jah003
S
AustinCountyAg said:

Ag_07 said:

completely disagree. Rangers are a dang good team and I could easily see JV accepting a trade there knowing good well they are World Series contenders.

Farmer1906
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Ag_07 said:

JV has a no trade clause. If he knows there are offers from Houston & Arlington, all he has to say is he'll wave for the Astros reunion and that deal could get done even if the Rangers make a better offer.
Ag_07
AG
That's debatable about the Rangers

I was just more speaking to relocating to a city he's not familiar with. If he has a choice (which he does) I can't imagine he'd be on board to uproot the family again and move to a city neither of them have any familiarity with.

Hell he was hesitant to do it back in 2017 before he had a family.
AustinCountyAg
Farmer1906 said:

AustinCountyAg said:

Ag_07 said:

JV has a no trade clause. If he knows there are offers from Houston & Arlington, all he has to say is he'll wave for the Astros reunion and that deal could get done even if the Rangers make a better offer.
I know he has a no trade clause. That's why I said I could see him "accepting" it and going to TX if it is a possibility.

And I agree that if he has the option between Houston and the Rangers he'd most likely choose Houston.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Wabs
AG
Melton, Dezenzo, Myers, Barber and Lee for Robert???

Yes please and thank you sir.
MaxPower
Brice Matthews had his first game today in the rookie league. Started at SS and went 0/3 with a walk and a k. Stole a couple bags.
MaxPower
Wabs said:

Melton, Dezenzo, Myers, Barber and Lee for Robert???

Yes please and thank you sir.
How hard do the White Sox laugh at that?
linkdude
AG
Former Astros minor leaguer on the move
First Page Last Page
Page 1274 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.