***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,552,244 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Bring me Yordan
W
AG
Pena hitting in front of Chas & Yanier
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Bring me Yordan
Why push everyone back one and put Pena in the 2 hole?

OKCAg2002
AG
Weird. I don't feel like they're being honest with the situation.
Prosperdick
AG
Quote:

I think last night was the biggest victory in the history of Houston sports
Quote:

They sure do act like it. If they lose tonight they'll back with pitch forks at Dusty and Maldonado's door step.
Two comments from the Arlington board....wow, just wow. Also, we've had the pitchforks out for Donkey and Maldy all f***ing season you dumbass slapdicks.

They also were curious why there was a staff warning on their thread and not ours and they put their two brain cells together and came up with "it's all our fault and they never troll our thread." Again, wow, just wow. I wonder what the color of the sky is in their world.
Mathguy64
AG
Chas, I'm sorry but you just aren't performing. I'm afraid I need you drop you down to the 6 hole tonight.

- Johnny B Baker, Jr.
Farmer1906
AG
JDUB08AG
AG
OKCAg2002 said:

Weird. I don't feel like they're being honest with the situation.
Totally agree
Chrundle the Great
AG
They've never won anything so wouldn't know, but we experienced some bigger wins last fall.
CFTXAG10
AG
A - Yordan is hurt
B - Yordan is not hurt but we are being extra cautious
C - Yordan IS being traded to the Cardinals
Farmer1906
AG
JohnnyTexAg1995
I feel like he's ready and he's pissed that they are holding him back…
Gig 'Em and God Bless
SpaceCityAg05
AG
D - Dusty convinced Crane to trade Yordan, Chas, and Diaz to the Guardians for Myles Straw.

He gets his boy Straw back and opens up more playing time for Bligh Madris.
R-Dog
AG
Prosperdick said:

Quote:

Quote:

They sure do act like it. If they lose tonight they'll back with pitch forks at Dusty and Maldonado's door step.
Two comments from the Arlington board....wow, just wow. Also, we've had the pitchforks out for Donkey and Maldy all f***ing season you dumbass slapdicks.

They also were curious why there was a staff warning on their thread and not ours and they put their two brain cells together and came up with "it's all our fault and they never troll our thread." Again, wow, just wow. I wonder what the color of the sky is in their world.
We've been to the LCS six years in a row, won 4 pennants and 2 titles.

And a July win over a team with all 26 guys having career years and still only leads us by 2 games is the biggest win in city history. That's cute...thanks. Maybe let's not overinflate your worth.

Prosperdick
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Well if he can hit in a batting cage I don't think he would be doing that if he reinjured himself. Perhaps it's as simple as he wants to play LF and Donkey doesn't want to do that just yet. He'd rather DH him so he can bench Diaz like the idiot he is.
rosco511
AG
What is the possible explanation for Peña in the 2 hole and moving Chas and Diaz down a spot in the order?
gougler08
AG
rosco511 said:

What is the possible explanation for Peña in the 2 hole and moving Chas and Diaz down a spot in the order?

He hits better in the 2 hole…duh /Dusty
Mathguy64
AG
2023 Yordan is about to be 2022 Uncle Mike.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

RedSox selling?
Beau Holder
AG
Prosperdick said:

Quote:

Quote:

Obviously the World Series win was bigger but they wouldn't know the difference since they've never had one.
Chef Elko
AG
rosco511 said:

We were forced to hire Dusty after the cheating scandal
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

RedSox selling?

Look at his stats. They're probably giving him away.
maca1028
The lack of updates about Yordan is concerning. I wouldn't be surprised if we hear "setback" soon.
Mr.Bond
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

RedSox selling?

He's been awful
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

BCEDAg
AG
If Yordan isn't in the starting lineup and not even being activated to at least be available to pinch hit, something doesn't smell right.
CFTXAG10
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

RedSox selling?
I'd take Bello or Paxton if its cheap
Ag_07
AG
rosco511 said:

Put him where he sees more FBs and pitchers coming at him with more protection behind him. Plus at 2 there's bats behind him to pick him up instead of Maldy and Dubon when he's hitting 8.

I don't hate it to try and get him going.
Mathguy64
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

RedSox selling?

**** burned all his magic juju a couple of years back.
CFTXAG10
AG
McInnis
AG
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

I feel like he's ready and he's pissed that they are holding him back…

In the interview Dusty said that based on his experience as a player he'll always hold a guy back a day or two after he(the player) tells him that he's ready.

If you're going to go with that philosophy then shouldn't that conversation be held before a AAA rehab assignment? Alvarez has already been playing.

This is reminding me of the Rockets and some of the lineups they trotted out while tanking games in the early 80s so they could draft Sampson and Olojawan in consecutive years. But at least you could figure out what they were trying to do.
n_touch
maca1028 said:

The lack of updates about Yordan is concerning. I wouldn't be surprised if we hear "setback" soon.
These are scheduled days off. They were designated at the beginning of the year.
Ag_07
AG
maca1028 said:

But he wouldn't be taking BP if it were a setback.

I don't know WTF is going on
W
AG
Yordan's injury has turned into a 7-week absence

he's going to max out at 117 games played this year...assuming he's in the lineup tomorrow
EastCoastAgNc
AG
maca1028 said:

Astros PR vs Astros fans
Ag_07
AG
This why we were able to sign him to a such a team friendly deal.

Just accept that he's going to have one decent IL stint per year. It is what it is at this point.
First Page Last Page
Page 1249 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.