***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,553,145 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
All I do is Nguyen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mr President Elect said:

BadAggie said:

Farmer1906 said:

Anyone questioning the call at the plate.

Lol Arlington must be viewing that play at the plate from the grassy knoll.

I re-watched the play on the Rangers broadcast and they showed a lot more angles. His entire foot was clearly above (as in, not touching) the plate in that pic (from another angle). Honestly, I think it was not being able to see clearly where his heel landed at the end that saved him, and maybe NY not wanting to overturn that kind of play.

Oh well it makes up for that BS strike call against Abreu. Had that been called correctly the bases would be juiced and Diaz' hit would've scored no matter what
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
OKCAg2002
AG
Lol at the A's. At first I didn't even think they were on the graph. Then I see that their line is practically the X axis.
cone
AG
Mr President Elect said:

BadAggie said:

Farmer1906 said:

I re-watched the play on the Rangers broadcast and they showed a lot more angles. His entire foot was clearly above (as in, not touching) the plate in that pic (from another angle). Honestly, I think it was not being able to see clearly where his heel landed at the end that saved him, and maybe NY not wanting to overturn that kind of play.

oh well they can eat **** either way
Wabs
AG
They do realize that the game wasn't over if Tucker was called out, right?
fullback44
AG
Mr President Elect said:

BadAggie said:

Farmer1906 said:

Well clearly rewatch the pitch where Abreu should have been walked and the bases would have been loaded, you know the pitch that almost hit the dirt that was called a strike .. Abreu would have walked into home plate to win the game, Tucker would have been on second and could have layed on the ground and rolled around in the dirt.

Bottom line is the ump blew the Abreu call that would have easily won the game .. forget about Tuckers play .. it never should have came to that
All I do is Nguyen
No matter what!
West Roxbury
Farmer1906 said:

W said:

Wabs said:

7-8-9 was 1-11 tonight and we scored 10 for the win. Winning despite Dusty.
it would be nice if 7-8-9 could contribute, but it's been 0-fer city in the month of July
I try to stay fair. Dusty earns a bunch of blame, but our depth has been challenged. Diaz and Chas were in the lineup. There was no one on the bench that screams "I should be playing over the starters" tonight. Sure, make the argument for Julks over Meyers, but that is debatable with the upgrade in the OF.

Absolutely. This team has so many injuries to both pitching and positions players. Huge losses. I realize the entire theme of the thread isn't as much about the Astros as it is crushing Baker but damn let's be at least somewhat fair about it.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
West Roxbury
spadilly said:

BALLGAME!!!!

Chester Charge!
EastCoastAgNc
AG
We are officially 1 week away from the trade deadline.
Prosperdick
AG
fullback44 said:

Mr President Elect said:

BadAggie said:

Farmer1906 said:

Well clearly rewatch the pitch where Abreu should have been walked and the bases would have been loaded, you know the pitch that almost hit the dirt that was called a strike .. Abreu would have walked into home plate to win the game, Tucker would have been on second and could have layed on the ground and rolled around in the dirt.

Bottom line is the ump blew the Abreu call that would have easily won the game .. forget about Tuckers play .. it never should have came to that
Hate to be that guy but Tucker would have been on third, Abreu on second but your point still stands, Tucker strolls home to win the game.
Marvin
AG
I didn't see contact with the plate, but I hate that aspect of replay. He clearly beat the tag and was not avoiding a tag. It's like the replay after a steal when the runner's foot momentarily pops up after contact. If he beats the throw and doesn't slide past the bag, or misses it avoiding a tag, he's safe. Stop that insanity.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Wabs
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

EastCoastAgNc
AG
All I do is Nguyen
Clanton COLD with that "two fathers" take lol
No matter what!
tjack16
AG
It is fun to have this be a rivalry that means something finally. Feels like A&M/LSUโ€ฆ. newer rivalry but getting more intense each year
Prosperdick
AG
Wabs said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Need to turn that into this:
Wabs
AG
One way to do that is to announce trades for JV and Bellinger today.
Prosperdick
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

The ranger chode at the start talking smack is such a perfect representative for their fanbase. He's got a 3 time Super Bowl Denver Broncos flag on the wall with a #1 Bronco Fan license plate (if he ever learns to drive) but if that's not enough he's sporting a 5 time Pittsburgh Penguin flag above the bed he cries himself to sleep on at night.
tjack16
AG
Prosperdick said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

The ranger chode at the start talking smack is such a perfect representative for their fanbase. He's got a 3 time Super Bowl Denver Broncos flag on the wall with a #1 Bronco Fan license plate (if he ever learns to drive) but if that's not enough he's sporting a 5 time Pittsburgh Penguin flag above the bed he cries himself to sleep on at night.

Saw that tooโ€ฆ. makes me wonder why he chose the rangers as his MLB team.
BadAggie
AG
W said:

plus Tucker's foot was more than halfway across home plate before the tag

Yep. Maybe don't play a right fielder with a noodle arm, Arlington.
CFTXAG10
AG
Missed this while celebrating the win last night, but good for our boy CC

Prosperdick
AG
tjack16 said:

Prosperdick said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Saw that tooโ€ฆ. makes me wonder why he chose the rangers as his MLB team.
How do you root for Denver and Pittsburgh but also the Arlingtons? Why not a Pirate or Rockie fan? I guess he's a glutton for punishment and by the looks of him he probably receives plenty outside of sports watching.
Prosperdick
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Missed this while celebrating the win last night, but good for our boy CC

Suck it Servais!!!! Poor effort by the RF.
Farmer1906
AG
It wasn't Trea Turner, but this was pretty smooth last night.

Farmer1906
AG
Prosperdick
AG
Farmer1906 said:

What a shocker, almost a full run for the Arlington dips**ts.
Farmer1906
AG
Chas is now 12th in baseball (min 200 PA) in wRC+ @ 150. To put that into perspective there are 10 Astros to top 150 since 2012.

Yordan 19, 21-22
Altuve 16-17, 22
Bregman 18-19
Springer 19
Correa 17

Chas has a long way to go to keep it at 150 with so many games left. I doubt he will, but who on earth thought this was a possibility?
Wabs
AG
I mentioned this last night, but the Astros need to take any potential deals they had in the works with Chas off the table. He's our centerfielder, and if we go get another CFer (like Bellinger), Chas is our left fielder. Needs to be in the lineup everyday moving forward.
Mr.Bond
AG
Just realized we don't have a Staph Warning on our thread title like some other putas do...... biases are forever showing
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

McInnis
AG
Wabs said:

I mentioned this last night, but the Astros need to take any potential deals they had in the works with Chas off the table. He's our centerfielder, and if we go get another CFer (like Bellinger), Chas is our left fielder. Needs to be in the lineup everyday moving forward.

Is Bellinger considered a better outfielder than Chas? With his range it would kind of be a waste for Chas to play LF in MMP.
Farmer1906
AG
McInnis said:

Wabs said:

Is Bellinger considered a better outfielder than Chas? With his range it would kind of be a waste for Chas to play LF in MMP.
Debatable. Chas has a small edge in speed and range, but Bellinger has a significant edge in arm strength. An argument could be made TED should move to LF, but we're not going to do anything too wild.

Based on what Ketch has been saying, I don't think Belli is in the cards.

Adding stats

Fielding Runs Value:
Year: Chas / Beli
2023: 3 / 5
2022: 6 / 6
2021: 10 / 2

Pretty even. Bellinger plays more innings and a little of 1B. Chas is trending the wrong way.
Furlock Bones
AG
Mr President Elect said:

BadAggie said:

Farmer1906 said:

i saw the views. the reason they did not overturn the call on the field is there is no conclusive evidence. his foot pops up after what looks like he caught the edge of the plate. but, the video can't see it. so, if they had said he was out, then that call would have stood.

its hard to take the fandom out of it. but, in my eyes, he caught the edge of the plate. but, he very well could have missed the edge by a millimeter and his spike dug the dirt and not the plate. no one will ever know.
Mr President Elect
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Chas is now 12th in baseball (min 200 PA) in wRC+ @ 150. To put that into perspective there are 10 Astros to top 150 since 2012.

Yordan 19, 21-22
Altuve 16-17, 22
Bregman 18-19
Springer 19
Correa 17

Chas has a long way to go to keep it at 150 with so many games left. I doubt he will, but who on earth thought this was a possibility?
I've been pretty slow to come around on Chas, but was not expecting this kind of ceiling with him. I am starting to think (hope) that this is the player that he is?? I don't remember exactly, but seems like he was close to being sent back down prior to turning it on at the end of last season. This just seems like a long enough stretch to be somewhat legit.
Prosperdick
AG
Farmer1906 said:

McInnis said:

Wabs said:

Debatable. Chas has a small edge in speed and range, but Bellinger has a significant edge in arm strength. An argument could be made TED should move to LF, but we're not going to do anything too wild.

Based on what Ketch has been saying, I don't think Belli is in the cards.
He's almost as hot as Chas right now so their asking price has gone way up. In hindsight we should have gone after him more aggressively before the season but we had idiots like Bagwell (who should freaking know better from personal experience) that Brantley wasn't going to magically get better.
First Page Last Page
Page 1245 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.