***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,560,102 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
texasaggie2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Before nitpicking, just remember that there's no guarantee the Astros get a guy like Cease. They'll still need guys to go out there and eat innings and take pressure off the young guys.
redline248
AG
Mathguy64 said:

redline248 said:

Don't even old school guys value walks? Dubon and Pena are 3% and 5% BB rates.

barf

Dusty was on record at a previous job (Chicago?) about not caring about OBA.

Color me shocked.

My previous question was kind of implying that even as an old school guy Dusty was an idiot
Ag4life80
AG
No way we get Cease, not gonna happen, move on.
texasaggie2015
AG
Ag4life80 said:

No way we get Cease, not gonna happen, move on.

You might be very surprised my friend.
Ag4life80
AG
I hope to be......
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Gotcha, thanks for the update!
texasaggie2015
AG
They're serious about it. I know that much. I'm not going to say it's going to happen, but these are very real conversations happening.
W
AG
one problem for the Astros and other contenders...

the Reds

if they are buyers...they have a bunch of capital so to speak in their farm system...and their major league roster
texasaggie2015
AG

This kid is something else
Farmer1906
AG
W said:

one problem for the Astros and other contenders...

the Reds

if they are buyers...they have a bunch of capital so to speak in their farm system...and their major league roster

O's too. Except they're better.
tjack16
AG
Yankees put Donaldson on the 60 day IL. What a bad trade deal that was
linkdude
AG
W
AG
another reason for the 'stros to mow down the A's this weekend...

Baltimore & Tampa are playing a 4-game set

great chance to move up the wildcard standings
Dies Irae
It appears that Cease is a no-go, I have a buddy who has a suite in Chicago and he's in this whiskey and cigar club with someone inside the Sox front office and apparently the Astros offered Gilbert-Leon-Lee-Wagner (AA) and the Sox requested Tucker-Leon-Arrighetti-Melton-Wagner
Farmer1906
AG
Dies Irae said:

It appears that Cease is a no-go, I have a buddy who has a suite in Chicago and he's in this whiskey and cigar club with someone inside the Sox front office and apparently the Astros offered Gilbert-Leon-Lee-Wagner (AA) and the Sox requested Tucker-Leon-Arrighetti-Melton-Wagner

No go, so far. Negotiations can still get us there.

Gilbert, Leon, Lee, Wagner can turn into Gilbert, Leon, Lee, Areighetti, Bielak. Maybe that gets it done.
Ag_07
AG
Dies Irae said:

the Sox requested Tucker-Leon-Arrighetti-Melton-Wagner

Yeah...They can f right off with that nonsense.

It's still a while until the deadline so I'm assuming this is the ask for the moon and stars worst they can say is no offer.
Farmer1906
AG

tjack16
AG
Dies Irae said:

In what world would that tucker deal make sense

"We want an all star and 4 of your top prospects in exchange for our all star"
texasaggie2015
AG
Yeah, the negotiations are ongoing and it's still alive. I trust where I'm getting this info
AggiEE
Farmer1906 said:

Dies Irae said:

Gilbert, Leon, Lee, Wagner can turn into Gilbert, Leon, Lee, Areighetti, Bielak. Maybe that gets it done.

What am I missing with cease? Outside of one year he doesn't seem all that great
scrimp
AG
Makes sense for Chicago…..
Mathguy64
AG
linkdude said:

Nevin benched a dude last week for being that lazy.
Dies Irae
texasaggie2015 said:

Yeah, the negotiations are ongoing and it's still alive. I trust where I'm getting this info

I also heard they offered to swap Javier for Tucker, but obviously that wouldn't help us
Boiling Denim
Dies Irae said:

In an alternate universe where Tucker banged Crane, Dusty and Dana's wives and had to be rage-traded away how wouldn't it just be Tucker for Cease straight up?

That sounds like Cease isn't available unless you're an idiot
Dies Irae
Farmer1906 said:

Dies Irae said:

He said the White Sox want a controllable all star caliber player and prospects
Ag_07
AG
Later Chas
Mathguy64
AG
Welcome back Chas, see ya Julks.

Seriously though at some point you have to walk away. If they want the moon, make someone else destroy themselves.
Beat40
AggiEE said:

Farmer1906 said:

Dies Irae said:

What am I missing with cease? Outside of one year he doesn't seem all that great

His stuff is NASTY. I'm sure the Astros are think they can get the most out of him with their approach as opposed to the White Sox.
Dies Irae
Mathguy64 said:

I raise
Farmer1906
AG
Boiling Denim said:

Dies Irae said:

In an alternate universe where Tucker banged Crane, Dusty and Dana's wives and had to be rage-traded away how wouldn't it just be Tucker for Cease straight up?

That sounds like Cease isn't available unless you're an idiot

I would say Tucker for Cease is fairly even. True #1 with 2.5 years for a perennial AS RFer you stick in your 2-4 spot in the lineup and forget about with 2.5 years. I lean more towards the TED side tho.
Ag_07
AG
Dies Irae said:

Mathguy64 said:

I raise

tjack16
AG
If we traded away Chas… Astros Twitter will lose their minds the moment Cease gives up 3+ in an outing
redline248
AG
AggiEE said:

Farmer1906 said:

Dies Irae said:

The red is what people like. Also, take note of the little line graphs at the bottom. That's pretty good

Also, he as a 2.1 WAR, despite having an ERA over 4. That ranks him in the top 25 pitchers, this year. His expected stats are good.
Wabs
AG
Just catching up. Tucker in the deal for Cease??? Are you ****ing kidding me? Hell to the no.
Farmer1906
AG
AggiEE said:

Farmer1906 said:

Dies Irae said:

From 2021-23 (age 25-27)
13th IP
8th fWAR
23rd ERA
19th FIP
29th xFIP
23rd SIERA
7th K%
16th K-BB%
4th Stuff+
13th Pitching+

In 2022 his slider was the most valuable pitch in baseball. It had a 36 run value. The next 3 were 25 Ohtani Sweeper, 24 JV 4 Seam, & 24 Sandy Changup.

2021 & 2023 haven't matched 2022, but you clearly see he's capable of it. He's like what LMJ's ceiling would be if he stayed healthy.

First Page Last Page
Page 1153 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.