***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,443,058 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jkag89 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

jkag89 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

The hooks could beat this team right now... This is embarrassing
Most over used word on TexAgs.

Well then how about you bust out the thesaurus professor and find us a synonym, I think embarrassing pretty much sums up the offensive effort from this series when Martin Maldonado is the offensive hero
It is not embarrassing or even any synonym. Aggravating, infuriating, exasperating, baffling, exacerbating, etc. I'll buy these but it dumbfounds me how many here get embarrassed over something you can't control.

It's embarrassing (or at least should be) for the players and the team. Anyway, seems like an appropriate way to end the first half.
Wabs
AG
7 hits in the last 2 games? Really?
tjack16
AG
6 runs in the final 4 games to close out the first half, and two of them were Maldonado homeruns
mwm
Seattle came in here wanting to prove something and they shoved it right up our butt. They came to play and we didn't.
agproducer
AG
Another game. Another missed opportunity.
FrioAg 00
AG
1-3 against a .500 team at home, when 3-1 series win would have tied you up for the division.

tjack16
AG
On track for 89-73 record
Jet Black
6 runs scored in the series. Mariners scored 20. Putrid.
htxag09
AG
It's not embarrassing. Anyone being embarrassed by this shows more about themselves than anything else.

As for the players and team, it's a long season, we're still in second and in the hunt, and these other guys are pretty good. I'd rather them keep plugging away then hiding in their rooms because they're embarrassed.
Mathguy64
AG
Take 3 of 4 from a good Rangers team in Arlington.

Go down without a lick of a fight losing 3 out of 4 at home to an absolutely average Seattle team.

How we are only 2 back is beyond me. Dana needs a SP, RP and 2 bats. Good thing is he gets the bats for free.
W
AG
remember when Abreu was back?

slumped on the homestand and will hit the break with a dreadful .630 OPS in 334 at-bats

woofs aplenty
Aggie8587
AG
I'm personally not embarrassed. Doubt anyone on this board is embarrassed.

But that series was 1000% an embarrassment for the the club. And if they don't feel that way then the season was already a lost cause
stoneca
we suck
jkag89
EastCoastAgNc said:

jkag89 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

jkag89 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

The hooks could beat this team right now... This is embarrassing
Most over used word on TexAgs.

Well then how about you bust out the thesaurus professor and find us a synonym, I think embarrassing pretty much sums up the offensive effort from this series when Martin Maldonado is the offensive hero
It is not embarrassing or even any synonym. Aggravating, infuriating, exasperating, baffling, exacerbating, etc. I'll buy these but it dumbfounds me how many here get embarrassed over something you can't control.

It's embarrassing (or at least should be) for the players and the team. Anyway, seems like an appropriate way to end the first half.
Um OK. I can buy that argument. I think we've become spoiled by success and as a fan base can't take a little adversity.
Maroon&Fight
It just feels like the Astros are only capable of playing to their potential for a 6 game stretch max before letting their foot off the gas. It's frustrating seeing the way they battled against Arlington and then forgetting how to play baseball.
stoneca
When is Yordsn due back?
redline248
AG
This team will benefit so much from a better manager. Dubon, who has played valiantly this year, should never bat leadoff. Maldonado should not see the lineup. Abreu, outside of about 2 weeks, has not been good enough to bat cleanup. Meyers has played too much.

All of these things are so obvious but the stubborn old man insists on banging the team's head against a brick wall believing it will eventually fall down.
f1ghtintexasaggie
What an underwhelming first half. We are so fortunate to be only two games back. Of course, if Dusty had at any point removed his head from its favored position directly up his own ass, we could have a small lead in the division. Alas! We are gonna need to come out of the break ready to prove we still belong in the postseason, and just hope we get healthy and hot by September.
jkag89
I would not be all that surprised if he is in the lineup Friday. (some wishful thinking)
W
AG
Dubon reaches the break...

with 10 walks in exactly 300 plate appearances

hard to describe how awful that is

someone else has to hit leadoff in Anaheim
Boiling Denim
Bregman ain't that dude anymore. He excelled when he was living and breathing ball but I don't think we're gonna see that Breggy again
Marvin
AG
Top of the lineup was 7 for 62 in this series. Lucky they didn't get their asses swept. You won't win many games by scoring 6 runs over 4 games.

What a disappointing first half. I sure hope Brown gets busy before the trade deadline because this team needs some serious juice.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
fullback44
AG
We need our big 3 back …. Altuve, Yordon, and Brantley .. we get them back and provide more run support to these young pitchers we could do this … we may need 1 pitcher and Ugridy back though
linkdude
AG
Wish we would bat Bregman leadoff and Dubi ninth...
redline248
AG
Boiling Denim said:

Bregman ain't that dude anymore. He excelled when he was living and breathing ball but I don't think we're gonna see that Breggy again
He needs Altuve and Yordan in the lineup more than anyone else. Instead he has Dubon and Abreu
redline248
AG
linkdude said:

Wish we would bat Bregman leadoff and Dubi ninth...
I'm game. Bregman, Tucker, Yainer. Let's go
W
AG
Jake got 211 at-bats in the 1st half -- that's way, way too many
stoneca
When is Yordan due back
Faustus
stoneca said:

When Jake's in center and Maldys behind the plate, we probably have the worst center fielder and catcher in the majors, and they're both everyday starters
Straw's OPS is .607 this year in 87 games. That is levels below even Jake, although Jake is headed fast in that direction. Didn't check any other CFs since I knew I probably had a winning hand in Cleveland.
jkag89
Quote:

Abreu, outside of about 2 weeks, has not been good enough to bat cleanup.
Who would you suggest should be batting cleanup? Last time I checked, excluding Julks of late, the entire team is in a collective slump.
jah003
S
Honestly, 2 games back at the ASB without using the A lineup but maybe a dozen games and multiple pitchers out at various points…

jkag89
stoneca said:

When is Yordan due back
How many times are you going to ask this question?
stoneca
jkag89 said:

stoneca said:

When is Yordan due back
sorry didn't see you responded.
W
AG
Boiling Denim said:

I looked it up before today's game...

5 years ago...Bregman had an astounding 83 x-base hits during the 2018 season. Incredible power.

this year he hits the break with 25 x-base hits. Probably finish around 45 by the end of the season
jkag89
stoneca said:

jkag89 said:

stoneca said:

When is Yordan due back
sorry didn't see you responded.
Nothing to be sorry about. I took it as you making a point it couldn't be soon enough. I haven't seen anything official.
First Page Last Page
Page 1022 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.