***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,458,992 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jr15aggie said:

Mathguy64 said:

TOFA for the win.

Stand alone gas grill instead of built in. The spa is half drained and in need of repair. 2 visible mold/wtf stains that haven't been power washed.......

3/10.... WNB

I'd eat that after she ran a marathon
tjack16
AG
Marvin
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

****ty good for nothing "channel drain" that's really just a splash catchment

Um, is splash catchment a new phrase for… not sure I can finish this without getting banned.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Farmer1906
AG
Yainer has an .812 OPS.

Only 5 Astros AT CATCHER ever had finished a season with a higher OPS (min 300 PA).

Farmer1906
AG
My view from the game.
McInnis
AG
I didn't get to watch today. How did Dubon look at first? Any challenge plays come his way?
texasaggie2015
AG
Mitch Meluskey… I thought we had something there
Wabs
AG
Mathguy64 said:

TOFA for the win.

Goodness gracious
stoneca
Farmer1906 said:

My view from the game.

great crowd for a 1 pm Wednesday game especially with the team struggling
Chrundle the Great
AG
*at catcher

I read that and was like "no no no Yordan exists I remember"
Farmer1906
AG
Hah. Did I leave that part out?
Farmer1906
AG
Over 38k.
Wabs
AG
I wonder if Dana will be in STL to look at some players to pick. Flaherty would be a good get but don't know what we'd have to give up…
Farmer1906
AG
Probably not as much as you think. He hasn't been great this year.
Wabs
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Probably not as much as you think. He hasn't been great this year.

May be ripe for a cheap picking then. I think he'd make a good 4. New scenery, team, etc
Farmer1906
AG
Over the last 2 seasons (he's been slightly worse in 23) he has a 4.73 ERA, 4.44 FIP, 1.603 WHIP, 89 ERA+.
MaxPower
Seems like a move for the sake of making a move. While I wouldn't mind another solid SP, seems pointless by itself. This team's issue is hitting. If you aren't addressing that then just ride it out and hope for the best.
Wabs
AG
MaxPower said:

Seems like a move for the sake of making a move. While I wouldn't mind another solid SP, seems pointless by itself. This team's issue is hitting. If you aren't addressing that then just ride it out and hope for the best.

Ok, trade for Flaherty and Goldschmidt.
Marvin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Over the last 2 seasons (he's been slightly worse in 23) he has a 4.73 ERA, 4.44 FIP, 1.603 WHIP, 89 ERA+.

Yeah, I don't get the love with Flaherty. Maybe as a short term free agent signing if you need a 4/5, but at the trade deadline needing a solid #3 arm? No way.

Maybe we want the Jose Abreu version of a starter.
Farmer1906
AG
Because he was a stud rookie and ace for a season before falling off and staying injured.
Marvin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Because he was a stud rookie and ace for a season before falling off and staying injured.

So a more accomplished Whitley?
Wabs
AG
Marvin said:

Farmer1906 said:

Yeah, I don't get the love with Flaherty. Maybe as a short term free agent signing if you need a 4/5, but at the trade deadline needing a solid #3 arm? No way.

Maybe we want the Jose Abreu version of a starter.

We're looking to trade for a solid #3 SP??? This is the first time I've seen this mentioned here. I think a solid 4/5 that can also provide long relief help. No?
Farmer1906
AG
I hope we're trading for someone worthy of completing with Brown, France, & Urquidy for the 3/4 playoff rotation spot.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Very conveniently timed for release right before the dodgers series. Rob can go to hell, so much for wanting to move on.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I hope we're trading for someone worthy of completing with Brown, France, & Urquidy for the 3/4 playoff rotation spot.

If the Red Sox fall enough to sell, James Paxton would be a good one to look at. He's having a decent year and on a 1 year deal
tjack16
AG
Offer Jake and a prospect for Jack Flaherty. That's what I'd do
Wabs
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I would rather spend trade capital on an impact bat (or two) than on a #3. Yes, would be great to get both but a bat has to be the priority. Paying a premium for a SP that can be a #3 here won't be cheap. Everyone will be looking for that.
Wabs
AG
You can't "reconsider" immunity. That's ****ing dumb. Makes every piece of evidence they found under immunity rendered useless. And by the way, has immunity ever been given to ANY other players while their team has been investigated?? Manfred can go **** himself.
agdaddy04
AG
Freaking stupid. Without the immunity, nobody talks
Farmer1906
AG
Hopefully the choice is not either or. I think the supply of mid tier arms are much more readily available than impact bats.

If we get an impact bat where do you put it?

I think Yordan, Tucker, Altuve, Bregman, & Pena are locks to stay in their roles. We don't need Chas & Yainer to have their roles reduced. They need more if anything. That's 7 guys right there. Abreu & Maldy are not going to be fully phased out. That leaves Dubon, Meyers, & Julks on the bench and potentially Brantley.
Wabs
AG
I was at game 6 when we won it last year. Me booing the **** out of Manfred during the trophy presentation was the 3rd best part of the night beyond Yordan's blast and Tuck's last out catch.
Mathguy64
AG
If he had not offered immunity no one would have talked. The MLBPA would have built a wall that would have dwarfed the Great Wall.

And once given it can't be revoked. That's idiotic and insane.

Jim Crane should tell him to duck off. As should the players
Mathguy64
AG
And you know who they never offered immunity to? The steroid users. They couldn't open that can of worms.

And the Yankees, Dodgers and Red Sox. They didn't get it. And they never talked.
spadilly
S
Just another article where Evan Drellich is trying to stir things up. A whole bunch of nothing in the article except his own bloviating about his original article and book.
tjack16
AG

This is a pretty neat visual of the game progression
First Page Last Page
Page 787 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.