***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,508,020 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Beerosch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can someone tell me what the face value is for Diamond Club tickets? I realize they're probably all season tickets, but I need to know what the face value is per ticket.
Jackal99
AG
My son and I took a tour of MMP a few months ago and they took us to the Diamond Club. IIRC (and I may not be), I think they said individual game tickets are $500-600 per. I also think they said you have to buy them in pairs, and yes, season tickets only. With the tickets, the seat license, and playoff games, they said you're looking at over $120,000 per season. I may be misremembering, but who knows.
Beerosch
AG
Thanks. It's for what I'm going to tell work for how much they are per ticket when I get taken there. I won't include the seat license and all that jazz. Just the face value on the actual ticket...which I don't even know if they show that anymore.
f1ghtintexasaggie
Catching up on this thread....glad I fell asleep before the **** show got started.

Fire Dusty. Promote Espada.
tjack16
AG
Yeah I think Altuve has had enough time to "warm up"

Go back to the normal lineup of Altuve, Pena, Bregman as your 1-3.
MaxPower
Ag_07 said:

Why trade for one? We have a good one on the bench and he's free to get and cheap.
You need two catchers. Who is the other in your scenario? If it's machete then you know how this works…..
texasaggie2015
AG
Well last night sucked donkey dong. Today is a new day.
tjack16
AG
I'm guessing the organization has passed on Korey Lee being the "catcher of the future"?

Seems like Diaz has taken that spot. I'm guessing Lee is a trade piece now?
texasaggie2015
AG
Yes, the organization was never very high on Korey Lee. Diaz is the guy. I'll be surprised if Lee is still around after the deadline.
Basketball and Chain
AG
MaxPower said:

Ag_07 said:

Why trade for one? We have a good one on the bench and he's free to get and cheap.
You need two catchers. Who is the other in your scenario? If it's machete then you know how this works…..

It's going to be Maldy and Diaz. They had the opportunity to bring someone else in the off-season and chose not to. It is what it is at this point.
tjack16
AG
If only we had traded for a cheap catcher last year who wasn't bad offensively, caught a WS no hitter, had multiple postseason RBI, and signed him for cheap in the off-season
LarryElder
Farmer1906 said:

And you're talking about them. You're no different.
and you responded to my comment you are no different.
Buck Compton
AG
tjack16 said:

If only we had traded for a cheap catcher last year who wasn't bad offensively, caught a WS no hitter, had multiple postseason RBI, and signed him for cheap in the off-season
He is OPS-ing .546 this year for MIN, so I think he caught Maldy's disease.
texasaggie2015
AG
Yeah we dodged a major bullet not bringing Vasquez back. That said, catcher is the least of our worries right now. Getting healthy is most important. And the bullpen has to get going.
Post removed:
by user
tjack16
AG
Buck Compton said:

tjack16 said:

Just looked at his stats for the first time in 2023 …. Oof. I take back my post he's worse than Maldy this year
Mathguy64
AG
tjack16 said:

Buck Compton said:

tjack16 said:

Just looked at his stats for the first time in 2023 …. Oof. I take back my post he's worse than Maldy this year

Maybe Vazquez was getting a little help from a friend in Boston.
Wabs
AG
I wonder what it would take to get Bellinger and Stroman from the Cubs. Think it would be too much? Maybe Chas, Korey Lee, and another prospect? Just throwing out ideas.....
texasaggie2015
AG
Wabs said:

I wonder what it would take to get Bellinger and Stroman from the Cubs. Think it would be too much? Maybe Chas, Korey Lee, and another prospect? Just throwing out ideas....
Stroman wants to stay in Chicago. The dude is very talented but from what I've heard about his personality I'm not sure I want him pitching here if he doesn't want to be here. Drew Smyly is the name I've heard from Chicago that could be in play.
tjack16
AG
The Reds are coming in hot this weekend. Won 5 straight and 8-2 in their last 10 games

Need to win the series or sweep it. The rangers bullpen will struggle against Toronto so it's time to take advantage
Wabs
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Wabs said:

I wonder what it would take to get Bellinger and Stroman from the Cubs. Think it would be too much? Maybe Chas, Korey Lee, and another prospect? Just throwing out ideas....
Stroman wants to stay in Chicago. The dude is very talented but from what I've heard about his personality I'm not sure I want him pitching here if he doesn't want to be here. Drew Smyly is the name I've heard from Chicago that could be in play.
I guess Smyly would fit the role of solid 4/5. I'd rather have Steele but I know we'd have to give up too much to get him.
Faustus
tjack16 said:

The Reds are coming in hot this weekend. Won 5 straight and 8-2 in their last 10 games

Need to win the series or sweep it. The rangers bullpen will struggle against Toronto so it's time to take advantage
Unfortunately for the Reds they caught the good part of our order.
CFTXAG10
AG
I'm excited to watch De La Cruz
texasaggie2015
AG
That's really what we're going for as far as arms go. A veteran guy who can eat innings and take pressure off the young guys and help keep Hunter Brown's innings down.

The bat we acquire will be the big name. Things can change, but that's where we stand now.
chlavinka
AG
He doesn't play half his games at Fenway anymore
SpaceCityAg05
AG
Just to clarify when you keep speaking of big name bats, are you thinking the org will surprise and trade for a big name, All-Star type bat, or are you simply referring to a Bellinger/Pederson type name?

I agree that it seems like we are hunting for more of a depth rotation arm than a headline pitcher, but with the possible return of Brantley, I am thinking they are looking more at a potential impact LH platoon bat than a true star everyday starter. Short of giving up on Abreu or acquiring a CF clearly better our current guys, we don't have a starting apot available in our lineup when everyone is healthy.
texasaggie2015
AG
SpaceCityAg05 said:

Just to clarify when you keep speaking of big name bats, are you thinking the org will surprise and trade for a big name, All-Star type bat, or are you simply referring to a Bellinger/Pederson type name?

I agree that it seems like we are hunting for more of a depth rotation arm than a headline pitcher, but with the possible return of Brantley, I am thinking they are looking more at a potential impact LH platoon bat than a true star everyday starter. Short of giving up on Abreu or acquiring a CF clearly better our current guys, we don't have a starting apot available in our lineup when everyone is healthy.
Fair question and I should probably clarify. What I mean is the bat will likely be a bigger name (instant impact guy) than the arm (depth rotation guy).

Of course, we still have over a month until the deadline so things can change as the sellers and buyers become more clear.
SpaceCityAg05
AG
Thanks! That was my thinking as well.
W
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Yeah we dodged a major bullet not bringing Vasquez back. That said, catcher is the least of our worries right now. Getting healthy is most important. And the bullpen has to get going.
this is true when the Astros have the lead

when the Astros are behind or tied...like last night...catcher becomes an enormous problem

in large part because the manager won't pinch hit
SpaceCityAg05
AG
In the same vein, that is why it is hard to get excited about potentially adding a LH platoon bat, because we know Dusty won't use one properly.

For example, Brantley and Chas would make for a perfect platoon combo, but hell will freeze over before Dusty would ever sit Brantley to play Chas against a LHP.

About the only upside is that a Brantley activation and/or OF acquisition will mean Julks gets demoted and Dusty will lose that option. Which is a shame because I like Julks as an actual bench bat, but Dusty's stubbornness in starting him ahead of better players is a killer.
W
AG
the Astros defintely have a slash lines problem

too many guys middling around .700 OPS

Tucker has surged to .805 in recent days

while Bregman has fallen back to .719
W
AG
Reds starting a rookie tonight -- lefty

making his 3rd career appearance / start

has not given up an earned run yet
tjack16
AG
W said:

We either send him out by the 3rd inning, or he goes 7 shutout
Ag_07
AG
W said:

Prosperdick
AG
tjack16 said:

Their last 5 wins are against the 27-42 Cardinals and the 18-50 Royals. Context matters.

Now that being said if Dusty keeps trotting out Maldy and his noodle bat and makes boneheaded in game decisions (because he thinks the regular season is just fan stuff) we could certainly lose but just wanted to point out their recent run is a bit of fool's gold.
First Page Last Page
Page 724 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.