***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,523,818 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Wabs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Prosperdick said:

Ag_07 said:

It's all horrible

The cavernous stadium, the ugly carpet, Brett Dolan, Rob Manfred

And on the way out Dolan thanks Manfred for what's he's doing for the game of baseball. Seriously...Barf
Plus they have like one small monitor located in weird spots around the concourse and not nearly enough of them so you can't keep track of the game while you get concessions (which is ever more critical now with the up tempo).

It's comical how poorly they designed it...first they tried to copy us from the way it looks on the inside but made it look like a horse barn on the outside. Then they REALLY did copy us (and by us I mean 1970's Astrodome) with that awful turf that somehow looks even worse than the Astrodome's.

It was such an easy layup for them...build the stadium in downtown Dallas, put in real grass, have tons of tech in the concourse areas (hell, there are still plenty of tech companies in the area) and boom, revitalize downtown and make it the place to be in the summer.

Such idiots but if any fanbase deserves it, it's them.
In summary, its a shiny new **** hole.
Eso si, Que es
Prosperdick said:

Ag_07 said:

It's all horrible

The cavernous stadium, the ugly carpet, Brett Dolan, Rob Manfred

And on the way out Dolan thanks Manfred for what's he's doing for the game of baseball. Seriously...Barf
Plus they have like one small monitor located in weird spots around the concourse and not nearly enough of them so you can't keep track of the game while you get concessions (which is ever more critical now with the up tempo).

It's comical how poorly they designed it...first they tried to copy us from the way it looks on the inside but made it look like a horse barn on the outside. Then they REALLY did copy us (and by us I mean 1970's Astrodome) with that awful turf that somehow looks even worse than the Astrodome's.

It was such an easy layup for them...build the stadium in downtown Dallas, put in real grass, have tons of tech in the concourse areas (hell, there are still plenty of tech companies in the area) and boom, revitalize downtown and make it the place to be in the summer.

Such idiots but if any fanbase deserves it, it's them.
It takes 30 seconds to get a beer there, and that includes travel time to and from your seat.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Gallo is 0 for 2, but he reached on an error. Shouldn't the first AB not count as anything? He didn't make an out.
Eso si, Que es
The Porkchop Express said:

Gallo is 0 for 2, but he reached on an error. Shouldn't the first AB not count as anything? He didn't make an out.
take it to the donkey thread
The Porkchop Express
AG
Eso si, Que es said:

It's a general baseball question. If you don't know the answer, don't worry about it.
Farmer1906
AG
Marky Mark

gougler08
AG
Rangers put up a 5 spot on Nola
agproducer
AG
From Dr. Google:

An error does not count as a hit but still counts as an at bat for the batter unless, in the scorer's judgment, the batter would have reached first base safely but one or more of the additional bases reached was the result of the fielder's mistake.
Farmer1906
AG
They've become a nobody for the last 5ish years. I don't feel the need to really root against them. They're just floundering around modeling their rebuild after the Angels.
redline248
AG

Eso si, Que es said:

It's a general baseball question. If you don't know the answer, don't worry about it.
The 1st AB is when he reached on the error. That's an AB and an 0-1, b/c he would have been out. Maybe you're asking something else, b/c I feel like you know that?

agproducer
AG
Yeah, and dudes should stay off their thread. It's embarrassing. If you are going to talk ****, save it for the Trash Talk thread, and also, make sure you have your facts straight.
Kashchei
AG
Do I now literally love Mark Wahlberg?
AggieNiebs
AG
Teddy Perkins
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Marky Mark

He seems a bit sauced here, yea?
redline248
AG
Mets batter was just given an automatic strike b/c the runner at 1st took too long going back to base on a foul ball.

MLB has to get rid of this sh-t
The Porkchop Express
AG
redline248 said:

Eso si, Que es said:

The 1st AB is when he reached on the error. That's an AB and an 0-1, b/c he would have been out. Maybe you're asking something else, b/c I feel like you know that?

No, I really wasn't sure about the error counting as an at-bat. I thought he would just be 0-0 and reaching on an error.
redline248
AG
All good.

I think the only time the AB is scrubbed is on a walk, HBP or sac bunt
Post removed:
by user
Mathguy64
AG
Farmer1906 said:

105+

16 pitches at 101 or higher.

Holy ****!

There is literally no chance this is correct. That's statcast with a massive glitch. It's a bad gun, a mis calibrated sensor or just a screw up.
AggieNiebs
AG
redline248 said:

All good.

I think the only time the AB is scrubbed is on a walk, HBP or sac bunt

Or sac fly.
Farmer1906
AG
redline248 said:

Mets batter was just given an automatic strike b/c the runner at 1st took too long going back to base on a foul ball.

MLB has to get rid of this sh-t

redline248
AG
I forgot about Catcher Interference, but I thought a sac fly still counted as 0-1, but an RBI.

Hmm
Teddy Perkins
AG
Wheels coming off for the Phlis in the 4th, Rangers up 9-5.
Wabs
AG
Rangers with a 9 spot in the 4th.
redline248
AG
redline248 said:

I forgot about Catcher Interference, but I thought a sac fly still counted as 0-1, but an RBI.

Hmm
I used the google machine. MLB site says that often time a batter will "try" to hit into the OF so it doesn't count as an AB. I didn't think that was something easy to "try" to do the same way a bunt is. Interesting.
Post removed:
by user
agproducer
AG
What a train wreck!
W
AG
Nola and DeGrom shelled in their first starts of the season
LC Wannabe
S
Bregxit said:

redline248 said:

Hmm

Nope. Sac is a sac and an 0-0
Catcher Interference is an error on the catcher, so it counts as an at bat.
AggieNiebs
AG
Springer starting well. Love to see him healthy and playing well. I'll always be a fan!
redline248
AG
W said:

Nola and DeGrom shelled in their first starts of the season
Scherzer looking good, but running into some trouble in the 6th
W
AG
Manoah of the Jays shelled as well
Teddy Perkins
AG
Cooper with a 2 run bomb off Scherzer to tie it up at 3 in Mia v. NYM game.
redline248
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Cooper with a 2 run bomb off Scherzer to tie it up at 3 in Mia v. NYM game.
He murdered that ball
EastCoastAgNc
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 18 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.