***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,523,244 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Wabs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Siri with a bomb and you know he pimped it.
McInnis
AG
spadilly said:

One thing I thought about yesterday….most of our games are going to be over around 9:30 with the new pitch clock rules, so I'm probably going to spend longer getting to and from the game than I'll actually be there at MMP. Rough considering ticket prices/parking/food.

But, on the flip side, I'll get so see watch more of the late west coast games on tv when ours wraps up.

That's an interesting perspective. If my criteria was that a game needs to last longer than my travel time going to and from it I guess I would never attend one. Same for a lot of other people.
redline248
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

I'm gonna laugh if Jake goes 3-4 tonight with a couple of RBIs
In all honesty the discussion shouldn't be Jake or Chas. It should Diaz or Chas. Put both Jake and Chas in the OF, and Yordan at DH.

I wonder when Crane will ask Dusty if he's willing to stake his career on Jake Meyers...I mean, wtf
Eso si, Que es
Mathguy64 said:

I swore I would not complain about lineups but Chas needs to ask to be traded. Or pout and force Brown to trade him. This really makes no sense. None.
It is just so disrespectful for opening day. Dude was solid for us in a World Series run and he gets benched on opening day for the guy he beat out. Nothing in spring training says Meyers is a significant upgrade.

Happy if Meyers proves to be a great CF over the course of this year, but no reason ChazzyFizz doesn't get the opening day honors.
Harry Dunne
redline248 said:

I wonder when Crane will ask Dusty if he's willing to stake his career on Jake Meyers...I mean, wtf
His career is already made, and way before it was, he was willing to stake it on way longer shots than this.
redline248
AG
Harry Dunne said:

redline248 said:

His career is already made, and way before it was, he was willing to stake it on way longer shots than this.
I know, I'm drawing the comparison to how Crane handled Click
Harry Dunne
redline248 said:

Harry Dunne said:

redline248 said:

I know, I'm drawing the comparison to how Crane handled Click
yes I get it, and I'm telling you that while Click's career was mostly ahead of him, Dusty is a Hall of Famer on a victory lap and even before that I don't think he GAF about anything but his "gut".
Phrasing
AG
3 MOAR HOURS!!!!!
The Porkchop Express
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

I'm gonna laugh if Jake goes 3-4 tonight with a couple of RBIs
Book it - Jake and Dubon both homer tonight.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
The Porkchop Express
AG
ESPN breaking news: The New York Yankees are on pace for a 162-win season, which would be a new record.
Wabs
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Harry Dunne
Eso si, Que es said:

Mathguy64 said:

I swore I would not complain about lineups but Chas needs to ask to be traded. Or pout and force Brown to trade him. This really makes no sense. None.
It is just so disrespectful for opening day. Dude was solid for us in a World Series run and he gets benched on opening day for the guy he beat out. Nothing in spring training says Meyers is a significant upgrade.

Happy if Meyers proves to be a great CF over the course of this year, but no reason ChazzyFizz doesn't get the opening day honors.
he had a .529 OPS in the World Series.
carpediem13
AG
I seem to remember Chas putting a Cole fastball over the fence in the ALCS...
Ag_07
AG
Too good not to share

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CqbCrI3JtZI/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y
The Porkchop Express
AG
DeGrom puts the Phillies down 1-2-3 with 2 strikeouts. Arlington cancels school tomorrow for pre-playoffs parade.
Farmer1906
AG
How dare any of you question THE DUSTY BAKER?

See here?

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/sporty-videos?playId=549f688c-d71b-4b9f-a1e5-5f2d35337ac2

Jake got a hit off of Cease. How many hits does Chas have vs Cease?

I rest my case.

bearkatag15
AG
Chas really should only start vs lefties. He's basically Maldonado vs righties
spadilly
S
Wainwright just surprised everyone and sang the National Anthem in St Louis.

Farmer1906
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Jake was basically Maldy all of 2022.

If you look at 2021 only, Jake had a problem vs righties too. .676 OPS.
bearkatag15
AG
Farmer1906 said:

bearkatag15 said:

I'm not saying Jake is the better option. What this team needs is a lefty bat thar can play all 3 outfield positions…

Oh wait we have one but he is in Sugar Land
Wabs
AG
Watching the Rangers game and have been reminded of how ugly that stadium rug is.
Harry Dunne
bearkatag15 said:

Farmer1906 said:

bearkatag15 said:

I'm not saying Jake is the better option. What this team needs is a lefty bat thar can play all 3 outfield positions…

"He needs to be getting ABs. Chas is more of a bench player so this is a better role for him".
Farmer1906
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Farmer1906 said:

bearkatag15 said:

You don't have to tell me. I said that fatass would be ideal to platoon with Chas.
Farmer1906
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Eso si, Que es said:

Mathguy64 said:

he had a .529 OPS in the World Series.
True, but he kicked ass in the DS and CS. Damn near a 900 OPS and 2 key HRs vs NY.
The Porkchop Express
AG
You think Chas feels insulted? Imagine being Christian Vazquez hitting 8th behind Joey Gallo opening day for the Twins.
bigjag19
AG
Someone won't have any RBIs all year.
Harry Dunne
Yea and I would have given him the start.

I just think everyone remembers him having a great World Series because of "the catch" but in truth he kind of sucked.
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Farmer1906 said:

bearkatag15 said:

You don't have to tell me. I said that fatass would be ideal to platoon with Chas.

A man who's built like Thor and runs like Bolt would be ideal to platoon with just about anyone, including Chas
bearkatag15
AG
Wabs said:

Watching the Rangers game and have been reminded of how ugly that stadium rug is.

And their new toy gives up a 2 run bomb
Wabs
AG
2 run bomb off Degrom, Phillies up 2-0.
Eso si, Que es
EastCoastAgNc said:

splits don't support that. Furthermore, vs the 4 seam fast ball Meyers has a walk/k of 0.42 (2021) and 0.17(2022) while Chazz has a walk/k of 0.39 (2021) and 0.82 (2022).

Jake might go off tonight, stats still don't support he is an offensive upgrade over Chaz and the disrespect of sitting Chaz next to Stanek in some kind of weird Dusty time out penalty box.

Ag_07
AG
There's more discussion on the Ranger game on this thread than thee is on the Ranger thread.
Harry Dunne
would you prefer to have to spend time with an Aggie who is an avid Rangers fan or a longhorn who is an avid Astros fan?
The Porkchop Express
AG
Jeeze, Rutschman up to 4 for 4 with 4 RBI for Baltimore today. Is this the year they get to the playoffs?
First Page Last Page
Page 16 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.