***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,122,575 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
20% of them were me being a dick or posting random stats.
BadAggie
AG
Costas: 'It is, one might say, a shame, that a player of Alvarez's immense talent is doomed to play the best years of his career in Texas, a state that is hardly an improvement over his native Cuba, from which he escaped in 2016.'
rak1693
AG
rak1693 said:

Against Lance Lynn in 2021, we did have 6 hits and 5 runs in in 3.2 IP. He finished third in Cy Young voting that year.

We're going to get this guy too!

Update: We scored 5 runs on 8 hits with 2 HRs in 4 innings pitched. Turns out it doesn't really matter if he's a Cy Young candidate or not.
Mathguy64
AG
dvldog said:

stoneca said:

Our thread has 4x more posts than the rangers thread. That is insane.

At least half of those were preferred lineups.

The other half were tits.
JDUB08AG
AG
BadAggie said:

Costas: 'It is, one might say, a shame, that a player of Alvarez's immense talent is doomed to play the best years of his career in Texas, a state that is hardly an improvement over his native Cuba, from which he escaped in 2016.'

Reading all of these in Costas' voice is just great
AggiEE
Ag4life80 said:

FWIW, my take on this series is........we need Framber to pull his head out of his *** and pitch like he's capable of and we'll be just fine.

I wonder if Framber will get a short leash. We have France sitting on the pine doing nothing.

I'd say if Framber gets razzled early on and has no sign of control, then it may be worth going to France.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
cap-n-jack
BadAggie said:

Surely you jest man. No one can be that obtuse, even a guy with pink eye during the Olympics.
Ciboag96
dvldog said:

stoneca said:

Our thread has 4x more posts than the rangers thread. That is insane.

At least half of those were rage posting about Dusty's lineups.
FIFY
All I do is Nguyen
I'm pulling for the Dbacks just because I love a good upset

No matter what
kb2001
AG
Quote:

I'm pulling for the D-backs because I can't stand Harper. Guy is one of the whiniest b***hes in professional sports, and his temper tantrums are embarrassing. On par with Zambrano meltdowns.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
kb2001 said:

Quote:

I'm pulling for the D-backs because I can't stand Harper. Guy is one of the whiniest b***hes in professional sports, and his temper tantrums are embarrassing. On par with Zambrano meltdowns.

I'm pulling for snakes because of this as well. Harper is the Leebron of baseball
RED AG 98
AG
kb2001 said:

Quote:

I'm pulling for the Dbacks because the city of Philadelphia a craphole, terrible, no good very bad place.
AggiEE
I'm pulling for the Phillies because it would feel great to beat them twice in a row and humiliate their fanatical fanbase.
Deluxe
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

That's a lot of people gathering in one place to explain to eachother how much they don't care about Houston
agproducer
AG
Deluxe said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

That's a lot of people gathering in one place to explain to eachother how much they don't care about Houston

How many of those fans will be Astros fans?

Half?
byfLuger41
AG
As I sit here in Knoxville getting juiced for the Aggie game, I cannot stop thinking about Game 1 tomorrow. This has to be the most important series in our franchise's history, right? Must win for multiple reasons, but primarily for a lifetime of member berries. Hopefully I get to Ric Flair around Knoxville tonight and Crawford Boxes the next couple days! As for the Ramgers fans lurking on this post, SODF!

OKCAg2002
AG
SRO tickets in Globe Life for game 4 are about $130 on the open market. I've been there once, but I don't really remember where SRO tickets would be. Anyone have any insight?
cap-n-jack
How's the talent there in Knoxville?
All I do is Nguyen
Go to the 6:40 mark for their ALCS preview

No matter what
Farmer1906
AG
Sarcasm? This doesn't crack the top 15 most important games.
byfLuger41
AG
Farmer1906 said:

No, not at all. I'm being genuine.

I equate this series to the CL final between The Chelsea/Man City a few years back.
byfLuger41
AG
cap-n-jack said:

How's the talent there in Knoxville?

A+ IMHO. Still making in the field assessments, but I liked what I saw last night.

The campus terrain is not fat friendly thus most of the talent was harvestable. So far the pool has definitely exceeded expectations and I would put them up there with similar in field AAR's from Florida or Bama.

Will follow up after the game.
jkag89
Quote:

This has to be the most important series in our franchise's history, right?

Take it you're not a big baseball fan or a Rangers troll.

Any of the five World Series in which the 'Stros have competed by their very nature were more important than this series.
Farmer1906
AG
byfLuger41 said:

Farmer1906 said:

I equate this series to the CL final between The Chelsea/Man City a few years back.

That's fair. I don't have any special feelings for Arlington. They're the flavor of the week. It was the Mariners and Yankees the last few years. The As mixed in too.
byfLuger41
AG
jkag89 said:

Quote:

This has to be the most important series in our franchise's history, right?

Take it you're not a big baseball fan or a Rangers troll.

Any of the five World Series in which the 'Stros have competed by their very nature were more important than this series.

Astros STH in Crawford Box, brotato. #CatchersMittGuy
jkag89
Quote:

I don't have any special feelings for Arlington.
This. I don't have any particular dislike for the Rangers other than MLB has forced us into the same division. The only MLB team I hate is the Effin' Dodgers. This made 2017 particularly sweet, not only was it 'Stros first Championship they did it by defeating LA.
byfLuger41
AG
Farmer1906 said:

byfLuger41 said:

Farmer1906 said:

That's fair. I don't have any special feelings for Arlington. They're the flavor of the week. It was the Mariners and Yankees the last few years. The As mixed in too.

I guess my mind goes to the in state rivalry between the two clubs. And not wanting to give them or their beta fan base any leverage. Never been keen on Ramgers and at least in my mind this series is very important for two reasons:

Enteral hate
WS birth

Not trying to hype it up, but my mind is clearly occupied.
jkag89
Fair enough I guess. I just don't get the mentality that this series is bigger than any of the World Series played or even more important than the previous League Championship Series played.
Beau Holder
AG
I want them to win because I want to see yet another WS. I don't care about the Rangers at all.
astros4545
AG
byfLuger41 said:

Farmer1906 said:

But how does it compare to sporting competitions
HarryRocket
jkag89 said:

Fair enough I guess. I just don't get the mentality that this series is bigger than any of the World Series played or even more important than the previous League Championship Series played.

Who is saying that? That's ridiculous.
tjack16
AG
Most important game in franchise history IMO was game 4 in Philly.

Needed that title to cement the legacy and after going down 2-1 in blowout fashion that game was massive. Down 3-1 in that series and it would have been over.

Game 1 ALCS against Texas…. important? Yes. Most important? Not even close
tjack16
AG
Here's my list of most important postseason games during this run (excluding clinching games). This list includes a couple we lost that could have flipped a series

1. 2022 WS Game 4. Won
2. 2017 WS Game 5. Won
3. 2021 WS Game 4. Lost (would have tied series 2-2)
4. 2021 ALCS Game 4. Won
5. 2022 WS Game 5. Won
6. 2018 ALCS Game 4. Lost (would have tied series 2-2)
7. 2023 ALDS Game 4. Won (Lopez game 5 if we lost)
8. 2022 ALDS Game 1. Won (huge win in hindsight)

Did I miss any? I tried to go more post 2017 because I could fill an entire list with just that season alone
byfLuger41
AG
I will publicly say this to the board:

Uncle!

Guess I'm the minority here in as much this series to me is absolutely critical considering the opposition. It's a must win for multiple reasons, but for me it just means more.

Dallas hate.

First Page Last Page
Page 2849 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.