***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,141,652 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Prosperdick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know we're likely not going to get a Lineup of Death but if Abreu is what we all thought he was and Tucker starts to get back into a groove along with Breggy you can get that LOD 1-8 that I'm not sure we've really seen at the height of their powers.

The fact that we have Uncle Mike batting 6th...SIXTH in our lineup is ridiculous and I mean that in a good way. Also Chas was starting to make good contact last night going 2-3 and if we can get ALCS/WS Pena (we already got it from him defensively) my Lord we have a lineup that can score A LOT.
Mathguy64
AG
Wildmen06 said:

Do y'all really all have jobs that you can't leave early or just watch the game on your phone?

I'll take questions whose answer is "yes" for $2000 Alex.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
My resting heart rate jumped 20 BPMs in the 8th and 9th yesterday - truly impressive to be able to do what these guys do in the moment.
512Ag
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

My resting heart rate jumped 20 BPMs in the 8th and 9th yesterday - truly impressive to be able to do what these guys do in the moment.

Same. And it didn't help that my daughter, who is an evil genius emotional manipulator at age 12 and knows I don't trust Pressly, kept saying "Uh oh, dad…" every time he threw a ball. And then when he struck out the last batter she says, "See? It's fine. Well, g'night."
jr15aggie
AG
Prosperdick said:

I know we're likely not going to get a Lineup of Death but if Abreu is what we all thought he was and Tucker starts to get back into a groove along with Breggy you can get that LOD 1-8 that I'm not sure we've really seen at the height of their powers.

The fact that we have Uncle Mike batting 6th...SIXTH in our lineup is ridiculous and I mean that in a good way. Also Chas was starting to make good contact last night going 2-3 and if we can get ALCS/WS Pena (we already got it from him defensively) my Lord we have a lineup that can score A LOT.

Really enjoyed the ALCS highlight videos posted on the previous page.

It was a nice reminder that we swept the Yankees and slapped Philly around last year with a legitimate black hole at DH the entire time (Mancini and Aledyms Diaz). I think they had 1 combined hit and maybe 1 sack fly RBI the entire ALCS & World Series.

Let's just say I'm pretty confident with what we have at the plate this year. Time for a Repeat!
All I do is Nguyen
Kids sure do know how to push the right buttons huh? lol
No matter what
512Ag
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Kids sure do know how to push the right buttons huh? lol

At the most inopportune times!
Prosperdick
AG
Watching Flipping Bats and their coverage of the locker room celebration and it dawned on me, some poor schlubs that work for the Twins had to put up all the wrapping in the visitor locker room, setup the champagne bottles and everything else knowing the opposing team might just be celebrating after disposing of their favorite team.

GOD I hope the choads that work for the rangerettes have to do that Thursday or Friday.
TarponChaser
The Porkchop Express said:

Rangers trying to play it cool like they've been to the ALCS lately.

Ryan Gosling looks like some sort of neo-Nazi, Aryan villain from an old James Bond flick. Like circa early-80's.
Dr. Doctor
AG
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Doubt that's done by staff from the other team
The Porkchop Express
TarponChaser said:

The Porkchop Express said:

Rangers trying to play it cool like they've been to the ALCS lately.

Ryan Gosling looks like some sort of neo-Nazi, Aryan villain from an old James Bond flick. Like circa early-80's.

Saw an interview where he said he channeled his inner mickey mouse club self for that role. He was a treat to watch.
Ciboag96
512Ag said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

Same. And it didn't help that my daughter, who is an evil genius emotional manipulator at age 12 and knows I don't trust Pressly, kept saying "Uh oh, dad…" every time he threw a ball. And then when he struck out the last batter she says, "See? It's fine. Well, g'night."

I have one of those. 12 yr old future husband better enjoy the next decade or so.
The Porkchop Express
Ciboag96 said:

512Ag said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

I have one of those. 12 yr old future husband better enjoy the next decade or so.
Right up there with my wife deciding to take an interest in the Astros season when they're down a couple of runs in the World Series and declaring "Uh oh, they aren't doing good."

You want to scream about 106 wins and 4-0 sweeps of the Yankees but the worst part is that it's all pointless.
W
AG
all right, let's see what the Braves can do
stoneca
Phillies powder blues are the best unis in baseball.
W
AG
Strider survives the 1st
Sex Panther
AG
stoneca said:

They are incredible. Honestly all of their uniforms are absolutely elite
PhatMack19
AG
Harper intentionally walked in the 1st. Yordan may not see a pitch the rest of the postseason.
jkag89
stoneca said:

Not a fan. Although I like the cap they wear with the blues.
Satellite of Love
stoneca said:

Take it to the Metrosexual's thread…
Mathguy64
AG
PhatMack19 said:

Harper intentionally walked in the 1st. Yordan may not see a pitch the rest of the postseason.

I suspect Yordan is going to get a steady diet of uncompetitive ABs. If Tuck and Captain Lou pick him up it is a losing strategy.

Frankly we shouldn't be giving Seager anything to hit either.
Mathguy64
AG
I feel sorry for the poor ******* who lost the bet and had to have a locker next to Marsh. That has to stink to high Heaven.
W
AG
Braves CF keeps the Phillies off the board

back-handed sliding catch
Prosperdick
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Doubt that's done by staff from the other team
Yeah I thought about that but it is THEIR locker room so I figured they would want to ensure it's wrapped up nice and tight so it doesn't become an absolute putrid mess in there.

Maybe Ketch can enlighten us.
W
AG
Strider escapes again
jkag89
Strider living on the edge. How much longer can he keep up this Houdini act?
The Porkchop Express
W said:

Strider escapes again
Frok
AG
stoneca said:

How many teams have a powder blue uniform now? Feel like I've seen quite a few.

Phillies
Blue Jays
Rangers
Royals
Brewers (Not sure on that one)
W
AG
hey, the Braves score a run
Pahdz
doesn't Seattle have one?
W
AG
Cardinals back in the day
The Porkchop Express
For me you still can't top the Padres yellow and brown from the 70s and 80s.

And I google search it, and even though it's one picture of a billion, Steve Garvey still looks like a D8bag.

jkag89
Frok said:

stoneca said:

How many teams have a powder blue uniform now? Feel like I've seen quite a few.

Phillies
Blue Jays
Rangers
Royals
Brewers (Not sure on that one)
Yep for the Brew Crew plus
Cardinals
Twins
Rays
jkag89
Well that lead didn't last long.
First Page Last Page
Page 2839 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.