***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,530,230 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
stoneca
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And remember the rangers game is 12 pm local time in Seattle. Gonna be an early morning for them
jkag89
stoneca said:

Hopefully the rangers come out hungover tomorrow

And the D-Backs.
BadAggie
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Hopefully, Seattle has some pride. Kirby doesn't want to ruin his ERA by not trying tomorrow. He'll probably get some Cy votes and use it to help his arbitration case is he pre arb?). I'm sure their are others fighting for personal milestones. Maybe even some contract bonuses. The team they're playing just eliminated them. They can hear the music down the hallway. I'd want to kick their ass regardless. Let the baseball gods do their thing.

Maybe Seattle fans hate the Astros more but yeah.

Also who knows what contract incentives certain players still have on the line?

AggiEE
Hungover Rangers with a pitcher being brought in without enough rest vs. Pissed off Mariners

We play a hungover Dbacks

I like our odds
AggieJ2002
AG
A few thoughts:

1) Ms are gonna try harder than you think... these guys may not have the juice or urgency, but none of these guys want to Eff up their numbers. Also, there has to be something in them that says they want to be the one to dethrone us, not the Rangers

2) Dbacks literally have nothing to play for and may prefer the 6 seed over the 5 seed. Just like the Ms, don't think they intentionally try to lose.

3) We scored a total of 3 runs in these 2 games and came away with 2 dubs. Wow!

4) For all the **** given to Dusty and Maldy this year (deserved), props to Maldy coming up nails defensively in the 8th and 9th inning. Props to Abreu showing why he belongs in the 5 hole this series, and props to the pitching for turning it around for these last few wins!

Let's go win the whole damn thing!!!
BadAggie
AG
JDUB08AG said:

RED AG 98 said:

Rangers are either 2 or 5. They will want to play to win.
Bluejays are either 5 or 6. I'm going to guess they choose to rest some folks.
Astros are 2, 5 or 6. Really don't want 5 with the Rays and Orioles.

You know they don't want us either. You can't discount 7 straight years of experience.

Only team in AL that really concerns me is Tampa.

Yes all potential opponents are threats but that's the one I'd rather have in the 'other' bracket and push a potential meeting to the ALCS
Daddy-O5
AG
We play hungover Dbacks.

M's play hungover Dbags.

agproducer
AG
Oops!

bearkatag15
AG
agproducer said:

Oops!

Came here to post this. The other building is the state capital. Neither are in Arlington, Dallas or anywhere near the metroplex lmao
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
1836er
AG
agproducer said:

Oops!

LOL, my Dad used to work there when it was the Texaco building... that's where I watched the Rocket's championship parades from.
BadAggie
AG
AggieJ2002 said:

A few thoughts:

1) Ms are gonna try harder than you think... these guys may not have the juice or urgency, but none of these guys want to Eff up their numbers. Also, there has to be something in them that says they want to be the one to dethrone us, not the Rangers

2) Dbacks literally have nothing to play for and may prefer the 6 seed over the 5 seed. Just like the Ms, don't think they intentionally try to lose.

3) We scored a total of 3 runs in these 2 games and came away with 2 dubs. Wow!

4) For all the **** given to Dusty and Maldy this year (deserved), props to Maldy coming up nails defensively in the 8th and 9th inning. Props to Abreu showing why he belongs in the 5 hole this series, and props to the pitching for turning it around for these last few wins!

Let's go win the whole damn thing!!!

Astros still have enough of the major ingredients for postseason success: starting pitching and elite back end of the bullpen.

kb2001
AG
PoppaB05 said:

I guess

I just think the mariners are going to literally pitch batting practice tomorrow. I would rather try to win with JP and have Framber, CJ, and JV set up if we don't.
I would expect nothing less from Servais and the Mariners. Let them tank it and lose on purpose, and put an asterisk on the Rangers' first division title in 7 years.
kb2001
AG
bearkatag15 said:

agproducer said:

Oops!

Came here to post this. The other building is the state capital. Neither are in Arlington, Dallas or anywhere near the metroplex lmao
Maybe they're trying to say they've conquered Texas? Or they're trying to say they are the team of the state, and the Astros are just a small part down in Houston?

Whatever the meaning, the inability to convey it well isn't surprising
Mr.Bond
AG
No matter what happens in Seattle tomorrow I REALLY hope toronto wins
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

DVC2010
AG
kb2001 said:

bearkatag15 said:

agproducer said:

Oops!

Maybe they're trying to say they've conquered Texas? Or they're trying to say they are the team of the state, and the Astros are just a small part down in Houston?

Whatever the meaning, the inability to convey it well isn't surprising

While we are talking about this, I was listening to the Rangers audio stream while I waited for our game to start, and they introduced the broadcast as the "Louisiana Hot Sauce Texas Rangers Radio Network."
Ciboag96
Can I haz lineup of death tomorrow?
LarryBird
What stupid a franchise the rangers are lol
FrioAg 00
AG
So, are we all assuming Seattle's hatred of the Astros will lead them to intentionally throwing tomorrows game against the Rangers?
Aggie09Derek
AG

Cobra39
jkag89 said:

stoneca said:

Hopefully the rangers come out hungover tomorrow

And the D-Backs.

Congratulations to the Texas Rangers on their first championship. Well done. #Rangerschamps

Cobra39
Bioish
AG
1-0 victory is clutch
Prosperdick
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

So, are we all assuming Seattle's hatred of the Astros will lead them to intentionally throwing tomorrows game against the Rangers?

We've now gone from comparisons to Moneyball with Dusty to comparisons with Major League and Roger Dorn lol.
kb2001
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

Two-fold

Servais is that much of a POS to have the team do it
Arizona doesn't have anything to play for either, so are we going to get a good game from them? Or will they mail it in also?

I just want good games to finish it out, not teams putting out minimal effort. It's been a great season, I hope it ends that way.
Cheo
As I sit here watching highlights from 2017 to this moment, wow, incredible 7 years of baseball. Golden era, glad to be a witness and remember this time
Hornbeck
AG
Cheo said:

As I sit here watching highlights from 2017 to this moment, wow, incredible 7 years of baseball. Golden era, glad to be a witness and remember this time

There are simply not enough stars for this. Bravo, señor!
All I do is Nguyen
This is a very classy move by the D-Backs

Bag
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Didn't realize there was still a chance that we get the 5 seed, now I have something to worry about.

Don't want the five!
cone
AG
Poot said:

The M's shot themselves in the d*ck when they busted out the track suits… amateur.

Hate to see it.

no ****
cone
AG

what a month
cone
AG

never forget
MosesHallRAB04
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

This is a very classy move by the D-Backs

See it all the time. Astros did it last year for at least 1 team.
mwm
I fear today's lineup.
Ag_07
AG
Man T&P to the team's travel secretary.
W
AG
Dana has his lineup sharpie ready
tjack16
AG
Ag_07 said:

Man T&P to the team's travel secretary.

I'd imagine this is how college travel people feel on selection days for bowls, baseball regionals and March madness
First Page Last Page
Page 2617 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.