***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,503,629 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Chrundle the Great
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Feed the Studs said:

Y'all can say whatever you want about Dusty and the lineup, it's all true. But your ace cannot give up a 4 spot in the first, 6 runs overall, to one of the worst lineups in all of baseball in this important of a series. Jekyll and Hyde all year for Framber.

2 of those 4 100% Maldanado
Prosperdick
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Dana needs to make up the lineup tomorrow and tell Dusty to **** off
This is where Crane has to step in and tell Dusty, we're taking the lineup card away.

Diaz on the bench.
Playing Maldy.
Splitting Yordan and Tucker.
Chas 7th.
Pena 2.

That's 5 incredibly awful decisions all in one lineup card.
tjack16
AG
Mathguy64 said:

tjack16 said:

Yay wild card…

You know Maldy and Dubon are playing tomorrow. A WC berth isn't a given.

Dubon isn't bad. But yeah Maldonado over Diaz at this point is criminal

Not that tonight would have made a difference. This loss was on our Ace the "Framchise"
agdaddy04
AG
We need the Rangers to sweep the Ms
HarryRocket
HarryRocket
Is this right?

Blue jays won, so we're (going by loss column) out of the playoffs right now since we don't have tie breaker against mariners
JohnnyTexAg1995
Feed the Studs said:

Y'all can say whatever you want about Dusty and the lineup, it's all true. But your ace cannot give up a 4 spot in the first, 6 runs overall, to one of the worst lineups in all of baseball in this important of a series. Jekyll and Hyde all year for Framber.
dude framber is known for little things unraveling him. Dominating the first hitter and having him on 1st base any way because you catcher can't catch an inside fastball 2 in off the plate set him off. You can't tell me he would have given up all those runs if Maldy just catches the damn ball, or I'd his fat ass was just on the bench. So yes that's on Dusty!!
1836er
AG
What is so frustrating is that he knows what he should be doing, but just refuses to do it.

It's like he was dealt a full house, but still feels the need to trade in a couple of cards just to prove how much smarter he is than everyone else around the table.
BTKAG97
AG
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

I think KC is the hottest team in baseball right now
They are 8-1 over their last 9 but that was against the woeful White Sox, Guardians, and Astros.
f1ghtintexasaggie
Prosperdick said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

This is where Crane has to step in and tell Dusty, we're taking the lineup card away.

Diaz on the bench.
Playing Maldy.
Chas 7th.
Pena 2.

It is way, way, WAY past time for Crane to step in and ****can big brain.
Prosperdick
AG
tjack16 said:

Mathguy64 said:

tjack16 said:

Yay wild card…

You know Maldy and Dubon are playing tomorrow. A WC berth isn't a given.

Dubon isn't bad. But yeah Maldonado over Diaz at this point is criminal

Not that tonight would have made a difference. This loss was on our Ace the "Framchise"
It might have made a difference. 2 runs directly on Maldy and his pitiful plate appearances as opposed to Diaz very likely having an extra base hit tonight could have been the difference. We'll never know of course. Thanks Donkey!
Boiling Denim
HarryRocket said:

Is this right?

Blue jays won, so we're (going by loss column) out of the playoffs right now since we don't have tie breaker against mariners

It's pointless to play this game until the half game is resolved as that makes a huge difference.
AustinCountyAg
Feed the Studs said:

yes that's true but it starts with dusty and the horrendous ****ing lineups dating back to the spring time. Those loses count as much as these do.
Beau Holder
AG
HarryRocket said:

Is this right?

Mariners are a half game back. But if they win that extant game you are correct, they would edge the Astros on the tiebreaker if the records finished the same. Dusty Baker also willingly tossed the tiebreaker against the Jays so even though it's 1 GB of them right now, it's really 2.
Marvin
AG
I will keep rooting for a playoff berth, but I won't be sad when this miserable season is finally done.

Worst team the Astros have fielded in quite some time, and now another year older. All because Crane brought Methuselah back for one more year. Shame on both of them.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Beau Holder
AG
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Feed the Studs said:

dude framber is known for little things unraveling him. Dominating the first hitter and having him on 1st base any way because you catcher can't catch an inside fastball 2 in off the plate set him off. You can't tell me he would have given up all those runs if Maldy just catches the damn ball, or I'd his fat ass was just on the bench. So yes that's on Dusty!!

Maldy and Dusty are literal bottom of the barrel in their respective professions, correct, but also Framber could just not be a 29-year old head case.
Kashchei
AG
f1ghtintexasaggie said:

Prosperdick said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

Diaz on the bench.
Playing Maldy.
Chas 7th.
Pena 2.

It is way, way, WAY past time for Crane to step in and ****can big brain.

Crane's ego won't let him. He would rather flush the season than admit he ****ed up.
Boiling Denim
BTKAG97 said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

I think KC is the hottest team in baseball right now
They are 8-1 over their last 9 but that was against the woeful White Sox, Guardians, and Astros.

Those woeful Guardians are smacking the Orioles around right now
Marvin
AG
Beau Holder said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Feed the Studs said:

Maldy and Dusty are literal bottom of the barrel in their respective professions, correct, but also Framber could just not be a 29-year old head case.

He's a petulant baby. Tired of his pouting.
agdaddy04
AG
Yep, his meltdowns always cost us games, just like today.
tjack16
AG
You're right… I'm just really mad at Framber. Huge game and he craps the bed. 5 runs should be enough to beat the royals
Beau Holder
AG
I will remember this season for Chas, Yainer, Altuve, France, and Dubon (who made the most of his talent level).

Everyone else is reaping what they've sown.
tjack16
AG
The Porkchop Express
AG
To my many friends on this board, I'm going to hit eject until the post-season. The vitriol and drama on here has reached the point for me where it's no longer fun. Hope to see you guys in a couple of weeks.

BTKAG97
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

To my many friends on this board, I'm going to hit eject until the post-season. The vitriol and drama on here has reached the point for me where it's no longer fun. Hope to see you guys in a couple of weeks.
You can thank Dusty now. No need to wait for later.
HarryRocket
Name the Astro….

Hits a home run every 19 at bats…

Hits a home run every 55 at bats.
Prosperdick
AG

Spoiler alert, with this manager, there will be no post-season for this team.
HarryRocket
Chas

Peña

This is over a season. You would think this information would be useful.
Boiling Denim
We're a Diaz led walkoff win from losing our last 9 of 10 at home with Maldy

I'm sure Diaz will start the next two games and we'll cruise to victories but it will likely escape big brain toothpick as to why
AggiEE
It's unbelievable that our entire season is going to rest on Martin Maldonado, a guy that would not be starting on any other baseball team in the MLB
Marvin
AG
Prosperdick said:

Spoiler alert, with this manager, there will be no post-season for this team.

And why would he think anything will change if they do make it? Haha. But, they're his marbles to take home, so whatever. Gotta be you.
spadilly
S
linkdude
AG
Sorry to troll but I have to repost this, just for the engagement.
SECcess12
Come on guys. Dusty has done an amazing job and deserves a ride off into the sunset after all of his success.

Just kidding, he sucks. Hope we fire him before the end of the season for ****ing us over.
West Roxbury
So I've seen some reports that there was some booing at MMP tonight. If so, that's good. The losing record we have at home is inexcusable and screams of lack of focus.
First Page Last Page
Page 2432 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.