***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,581,392 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Ciboag96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Waiting on Donkey's Yahtzee shaker lineup card

Prosperdick
AG
We know we need more offense and last night Dusty still went with .189 instead of Diaz and lets not act like Javier can't pitch to catchers other than Maldy. He f***ing threw a combined no hitter in the World Series to Vazquez!

It really is malpractice at this point. I don't know what Chas and Diaz did to him but he needs to get over it but I know he won't. It's why I call him Donkey.
n_touch
Can someone link me to the tweet on the Rockets and Astros games on tv and the new channel?
Boiling Denim
Farmer1906 said:

Boiling Denim said:

Another data point for why team meetings are pointless.

After all the talk behind closed doors we just saw Altuve and Bregman combine for maybe their worst joint effort? Certainly for this year

The bunt just a shade under Schwaber stupidity and another thing getting lost in that clustereff is what was Maldy still doing out on the base paths after his double?

This is how you know Dusty is mostly checked out at this stage. He had an opportunity to pinch run and harken back to his old school days and get a little chubby playing small ball and…nothing
"Worst Effort" as in they're not trying or just sucking?

Pure suckage
txags92
AG
tjack16 said:

Remember when we played our best lineup Sunday against the padres and scored 12 runs….. then we haven't seen it since
In a sport so full of cliches and tradition, I just can't believe we keep trotting out a lineup that absolutely crushes teams offensively, then we completely go away for it for the next 3-5 games. Boggles the mind that we don't keep trotting the same guys out there in the same order the night after they score double digits.
CFTXAG10
AG
n_touch said:

Can someone link me to the tweet on the Rockets and Astros games on tv and the new channel?

CFTXAG10
AG
Whatever they do, I just hope that they decide to make it available for purchase a la carte
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Some of y'all need to maybe take the weekend off, the constant *****ing about dusty and the lineups is exhausting.
The entitled fan base losing it because we haven't won 75% of our games is exhausting.

Take a day or two off, relax. Recharge for the playoffs.
BadAggie
AG
Ciboag96 said:

Waiting on Donkey's Yahtzee shaker lineup card

Remember comrades, it's the wrong color paint at Minute Maid that's been the problem.
SA-AG72
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Some of y'all need to maybe take the weekend off, the constant *****ing about dusty and the lineups is exhausting.
The entitled fan base losing it because we haven't won 75% of our games is exhausting.

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around being the 47th victim of the Royals this year at MMP. 47-101. Good Lord.
Prosperdick
AG

I got some bad news for you chief, Maldy keeps playing in 85% of the games with Chas batting 8th (or not in the lineup at all) we very likely miss the playoffs.

We shouldn't, we certainly have the talent to make the playoffs but our fearless manager enjoys playing our 3rd best hitter 8th and splitting up our top 2 hitters...for reasons.

I'm not entitled either and your post is ridiculous. I just expect the best players to play and to maximize their value in the lineup. That's not entitlement, it's just common sense, which our manager lacks.
BTKAG97
AG
BTKAG97
AG

People complaining about people complaining is even more exhausting.
Marvin
AG
BTKAG97 said:

But he has a point. I think today will be nothing but football for me.
OKCAg2002
AG
Interesting. Hopefully there is a streaming option. I really love the MLB.tv, but the blackout restrictions suck. It'll be interesting to see if OKC is still a "market," too.
txags92
AG
OKCAg2002 said:

Interesting. Hopefully there is a streaming option. I really love the MLB.tv, but the blackout restrictions suck. It'll be interesting to see if OKC is still a "market," too.
I hope they offer some kind of standalone streaming for a reasonable price. Having to buy some $80-100/month package with 180 channels to get the games right now is a no for me.
CFTXAG10
AG
Yea, if they offered a stand-alone network package I'd sign up in a heartbeat. Although I would imagine the chances are high that they would sign a deal with YTTV, Fubo, XFINITY, DirecTV, etc.
txags92
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Yea, if they offered a stand-alone network package I'd sign up in a heartbeat. Although I would imagine the chances are high that they would sign a deal with YTTV, Fubo, XFINITY, DirecTV, etc.
I was looking at Fubo and to get AT&T southwest, you have to spend $74.99 for a package of 175 channels, then pay an extra $13.99 for AT&T sports net. If I could just spend $13.99 for the Astros games, I would jump on that.
wangus12
AG

What's exhausting is watching a team that was supposed to be going for another title lose 6 out of 7 so far against the Yankees/A's/Royals
txags92
AG
wangus12 said:

What's exhausting is watching a team that was supposed to be going for another title lose 6 out of 7 so far against the Yankees/A's/Royals
We maintain that pace, we won't need to worry about the playoffs.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
BTKAG97 said:

People complaining about people complaining about people complaining is even more exhausting
tjack16
AG
We should be able to trot out Singleton, dubon, Meyers, Maldonado and still win the series 2-1 against Oakland and KC. They are terrible teams. Our 1-6 guys just haven't been good the past week
All I do is Nguyen
Hey whatever happens, I'm just glad to have been a part of this crazy season with ya'll lovable degenerates
maca1028
BTKAG97 said:

Stop complaining about the people complaining about the people complaining!

Also…**** Dusty
tjack16
AG
During the A's series… Tucker, Bregman, Altuve and Alvarez had 6 combined hits.
rosco511
AG
tjack16 said:

We should be able to trot out Singleton, dubon, Meyers, Maldonado and still win the series 2-1 against Oakland and KC. They are terrible teams. Our 1-6 guys just haven't been good the past week

Baseball is a streaky game, so depth is generally what separates good to great teams from average to above average teams. Teams are good to great because they have more quality players than the average to above average teams. Thus, you do not always need your best players to perform to win, which is an unrealistic expectation in baseball to begin with. However, if you keep your better players on the bench in favor of worse players, you negate the depth advantage.
Boiling Denim
Tough pitching matchups for the Stros, Rags and Mariners tonight. Could be a good opportunity for someone to gain a game as I don't see more than 1 team winning tonight
Boiling Denim
tjack16 said:

Yep when your entire core group is slumping you are susceptible to getting skunked by one hot player on the other team. Alien boy from the Yanks, the A's pitching and Kershaw reincarnated last night will lead to some bad results
Farmer1906
AG
tjack16 said:

Don't worry we have Chas & Diaz to pick them up.

Oh wait….
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

Oh wait….

We will get the lineup of death once this weekend. They will rake and we won't see it again for another week. That's what sucks is we get that great lineup with France but then JV/Framber/Javier come up in the rotation and Dusty has to accommodate them.
Prosperdick
AG
tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

Oh wait….

We will get the lineup of death once this weekend. They will rake and we won't see it again for another week. That's what sucks is we get that great lineup with France but then JV/Framber/Javier come up in the rotation and Dusty has to accommodate them.
I don't think he's accommodating anything but his own ego.
DrZ
AG
Second best line up
carpediem13
AG
DrZ
AG
Chas Diaz Pena hitting down. No Brantley but Doobie
Beau Holder
AG
DrZ said:

Chas Diaz Pena hitting down. No Brantley but Doobie

That's basically as good as we're going to get against a lefty. I expect we'll never see it again.
First Page Last Page
Page 2310 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.