*****Official 2022 Rangers Off-Season Thread*****

109,512 Views | 1323 Replies | Last: 12 mo ago by Mr Gigem
DallasAg 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DallasAg 94
rbtexan
S
A franchise falls under the pervue of the parent entity. I can own a Whataburger franchise but I don't own or control the rights to the copyrights/trademarks of the parent company. It would seem that mlb effectively leases the broadcast rights to the teams. If they retain ownership it might provide a loophole. I don't know because clearly I haven't seen the contracts, but it exists in all the contracts I've personally had to sign that involve copyrighted material.

Again I'm probably off base but I do find it curious that mlb seems so confident that they can broadcast the games if need be.
Jimbo Franchione
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
vander54
S
We need 1 more to fill the fantasy league. Draft will be tomorrow night at 8:30 central.

https://fantasy.espn.com/baseball/league/join?leagueId=365359113&inviteId=027d577c-a8be-43b5-a878-24d5ccdb9fad
World's worst proofreader
DallasAg 94
vander54
S
Never.

Feel free we need 1 more to be able to draft
World's worst proofreader
DallasAg 94
Tksymm7
AG
Tough start for Martin Perez, some dinky hits, a pseudo error, then two base hits.
Schall 02
AG
Entertaining game though
fc2112
So Perez is done and can get back to the job that earns him generational money?
gigem1223
DeGrom with 3 innings of shutout ball today
Tksymm7
AG
It was filthy
AgBQ-00
AG
Really wish we could watch Rangers spring games more this year. Seems like we normally get a lot more than what we've had thus far
AgBQ-00
AG
Just look at the guide and looks like the game tomorrow will be on Bally at 3
fc2112
So looks like our buddies down south will need a shortstop for a few months. Think a trade for Josh Smith might work? Heard they were kicking the tires on IKF but Yankees aren't sure their young SSs are ready.
fc2112
Also, my tempered expectations are going right out the window.

MrCoachEricTaylor
Why are they needing a Shortstop?
Mr Gigem
AG
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

Why are they needing a Shortstop?

Think he means 2B with Altuve being hurt
fc2112
Brain fart.

Yeah, 2B. You must be:

THIS ----->

tall to play shortstop.
MrCoachEricTaylor
I gotcha, I didn't know if he had heard if they were sliding Peña over to 2nd or what. Louie was just talking about it in the radio and he said they're rolling with Dubon, with a .208 average. I'm sure they're looking at adding, but I'd love for them to stick with Dubon lol
DallasAg 94
Tksymm7
AG
The Astros might be the best team in the league at replacing guys internally, I am not worried for them in the slightest.
rbtexan
S
Josh Smith playing CF today. Looking more and more like a lock to make the team.
Jimbo Franchione
Tksymm7
AG
fc2112 said:

Also, my tempered expectations are going right out the window.

This rotation on paper could be very, very good, but that's on paper. They need to go out and and be available to do it.
MrCoachEricTaylor
Yeah, that's the absolute truth!
investorAg83
AG
They commented that Grossman will get the majority of play in left, today.
rbtexan
S
Yes I'm aware of that. I meant Smith is a lock to be one of the backups. We knew who the starters are already.
Jimbo Franchione
AustinCountyAg
headed up that way for a game in May. Curious what hotel yall recommend to stay at near the field besides LIVE? any of them up there offer a free shuttle to the game or within walking distance? Will have two 5 year olds with us fwiw so nothing too far away if possible.
fc2112
A Sheraton and Marriott up on I-30 that isn't too bad of a walk. No idea if they have a shuttle.
KT 90
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

headed up that way for a game in May. Curious what hotel yall recommend to stay at near the field besides LIVE? any of them up there offer a free shuttle to the game or within walking distance? Will have two 5 year olds with us fwiw so nothing too far away if possible.

There was a trolley type shuttle that stopped by the hotel (one in Marriot family, I forget which... but I know I used points). It dropped you off nearby. I might need to call the hotel directly to verify that still exists, but I don't see why they would do away with it. I think the hotel gave us a token or something, so the ride was free.

AustinCountyAg
for those that have stayed at LIVE is it worth ponying up the extra cash for it? I've currently got it booked online, but after parking it will be about $400. Seems kinda steep when there are other places near by for less than half the price, which is why I am asking about the other options.
DeangeloVickers
AG
I mean...if you want to get really drunk and walk home it's convenient...but you could also Uber to another spot after hanging out down there.

I honestly enjoy better prices and food in downtown Arlington...but I'm boring
MrCoachEricTaylor
Last summer me and my FIL stayed at "Ranger Inn" right across the road from six flags. It was a value motel, one of the cheapest in the area. I wouldn't say it's walking distance, but we used Uber to get to the game and it was literally like a 2 minute ride.

It's not the best since it's a value motel, but I've been in a lot worse! FWIW I wouldn't be against taking my 2 year old son and staying there if I was in your situation.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.