***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,312,049 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just wanted a polo I could wear to the office
The Porkchop Express
AG
Sex Panther said:

And we're really putting Manoah center over JV?!?!?
Too fat to stand anywhere else.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
fullback44
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Breggy marketing

My buddy's BBQ cook off team is sponsored by Breggy Bomb.. they won the ForthWorth NASCAR cook off 5-6 weeks ago during the race.. Bregman was fired up they won for his team! They did a promo at little Woodrow's downtown w him 4-5 weeks ago also ..

Update: my buddy said Bregman wanted them there today to cook after the parade but they did t make it into town.. not sure who did the cooking .. I think they sponsor more teams than his

txags92
AG
Mathguy64 said:

agdaddy04 said:

Where the eff is Framber?

Stroking a half empty bottle of champagne, imagining the size of ring hes getting in 5 months.

Shohei is a much better candidate than Cease and I would have him either 2 or 3. Framber was very consistent but iMHO somewhere in the 4-6 range for votes.
Very consistent? Isn't that absolutely what you want from your top pitcher? What better statistic for defining the CY is there besides quality starts? Wins depend so much on how well the team behind you is hitting, while pitchers not throwing quality starts are not going to have as much chance at wins. Framber set the all time record for consecutive quality starts in a season. He deserved to be in the top 3.
txags92
AG
fullback44 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Breggy marketing

My buddy's BBQ cook off team is sponsored by Breggy Bomb.. they won the ForthWorth NASCAR cook off 5-6 weeks ago during the race.. Bregman was fired up they won for his team! They did a promo at little Woodrow's downtown w him 4-5 weeks ago also ..

Good stuff
Hope his bbq sauce is better than his salsa because the salsa is not good.
fullback44
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Big Al 1992 said:

48' hours later and I'm still watching every Astro WS highlight, interview , and video that's been posted. I have a problem. And I don't care. Who else is with me?
Still doing the same and sad it's over but damn happy with how it ended!

Me 3 .. can't get enough (better than the alternative)
tjack16
AG
For hoodie I went with this. I am taking a NYC trip with a lot of students over Christmas break so I'm excited to wear it around Times Square.
Prosperdick
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

I think JV comes back and here's why
It'll be handled by Crane alone - Click or new GM won't have much of a say - Crane will tell them work around it.
Crane doesn't want to be the guy that let JV go like Nolan, especially with some big milestones that might be achieved and the WS window still open.
JV is chasing stats and can only get that with a small handful of teams that have a bullpen that won't let him down, offense that will support him, and stellar defense that will back him up.
He and his wife already have tons of money. You think he doesn't see George, Carlos, and especially Cole sitting at home bathing in dollars but thinking about what they gave up and think about that.

I'd love it if JV said "I need it put in the contract, no more B team lineups when I'm on the bump, I get full lineup control on the days I pitch."
fullback44
AG
I don't know about the actual sauce and spices .. I'm sure my buddy doest use them for their cook offs, they are professionals and don't tell people their secrets used for winning cook offs .. they may cook some briskets for the people at the cook offs though using his spices.. I'm pretty sure they do this .. just not on the stuff they turn it .. those guys have been perfecting there secrets for years
Mathguy64
AG
txags92 said:

Mathguy64 said:

agdaddy04 said:

Where the eff is Framber?

Stroking a half empty bottle of champagne, imagining the size of ring hes getting in 5 months.

Shohei is a much better candidate than Cease and I would have him either 2 or 3. Framber was very consistent but iMHO somewhere in the 4-6 range for votes.
Very consistent? Isn't that absolutely what you want from your top pitcher? What better statistic for defining the CY is there besides quality starts? Wins depend so much on how well the team behind you is hitting, while pitchers not throwing quality starts are not going to have as much chance at wins. Framber set the all time record for consecutive quality starts in a season. He deserved to be in the top 3.

Going 6 IP with 3 or less ER means you can have a 4.50 ERA. This whole "quality start" deal is not exactly a super level stat. He was really consistent, ate innings and stayed in games. Dude was a workhorse. But in most measurable statistics he's not in the top guys.
Mr.Bond
AG
Not WS but awesome
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

The Porkchop Express
AG
fullback44 said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

Big Al 1992 said:

48' hours later and I'm still watching every Astro WS highlight, interview , and video that's been posted. I have a problem. And I don't care. Who else is with me?
Still doing the same and sad it's over but damn happy with how it ended!

Me 3 .. can't get enough (better than the alternative)
143 days until Opening Day!
tjack16
AG
WAY TO EARLY 2023 WS PREDICTION

Astros vs Padres
bearkatag15
AG
We need to have a countdown clock embedded into the OP of the off-season thread tomorrow.
Big Al 1992
AG
Anyone heard anything from Reggie Jackson? As an Astro front office guy and World Series legend I was hoping we'd hear more from him - or I missed it.
HarryRocket
tjack16 said:

WAY TO EARLY 2023 WS PREDICTION

Astros vs Padres

I think we're finally going to get the series the haters are afraid to see…

Dodgers vs Astros
The Porkchop Express
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Anyone heard anything from Reggie Jackson? As an Astro front office guy and World Series legend I was hoping we'd hear more from him - or I missed it.
After the no-hitter

"That's a big-time act there, coming off what we went through last night, in this town," Jackson told me after the historic outing, in a one-on-one conversation in a side hallway in the visitor's clubhouse at Citizens Bank Park. "You lose tonight and you kiss it goodbye. That's a two-game win tonight. Two games."
n_touch
Where did you get the gray hat? I have that same one from a few years back and would like this one.
RED AG 98
AG
I want them again but I don't know man. Did you see their FA list -- it's like half their pitches, Turner and a few others? Going to be a very different team
RED AG 98
AG
I found it here - Houston Astros Hats, Gear, & Apparel from '47 '47 (47brand.com)
EastCoastAgNc
AG
RED AG 98
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

If we're counting Euro-style where the ground floor is 0 and conveniently exclude the top, looks like there are 11 covered levels, which is one for each win in the 2022 edition of the MLB Posteason for the World Series Champion Houston Astros .

Farmer1906
AG
txags92 said:

Sex Panther said:

Well can we all agree that this is absolute bull*****

Leaving Framber off that list after literally setting the record for most consecutive quality starts would be like leaving Judge out of the MVP top 3.

Not even close to the same thing.
RED AG 98
AG
I think the AL awards are about as mysterious as a cheesy Hallmark Christmas movie. Absolutely zero suspense here:

Rookie - Julio
CY - JV
MVP - Judge
AgDoc03
AG
RED AG 98 said:

I think the AL awards are about as mysterious as a cheesy Hallmark Christmas movie. Absolutely zero suspense here:

Rookie - Julio
CY - JV
MVP - Judge

Glad I'm not the only one who has a wife that watches that garbage
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Mathguy64
AG
The manager of the year between the leagues could not be more different. NL went chalk all the way and AL went just the opposite.

NL Roberts, Snitker, Showalter. All had the best teams all year long.

AL Tito, Servais, Hyde. All guys who were with good but not great teams. Only one really overachieved. One you could argue cratered when it mattered most and the other didn't so much manage his way to a division but watched the other teams crap the bed.
RED AG 98
AG
Wife and 2 daughters cannot get enough. What makes it even more hilarious is they use a lot of same actors over and over in completely different movies. I just sip my bourbon or eggnog and laugh.
Marvin
AG
I'm just curious if the Astros parade was as good as the Mariners…
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
RED AG 98
AG
Marvin said:

I'm just curious if the Astros parade was as good as the Mariners…
Passan says what happened today in Houston is not technically a parade but more of charade.
JB!98
AG
RED AG 98 said:

Wife and 2 daughters cannot get enough. What makes it even more hilarious is they use a lot of same actors over and over in completely different movies. I just sip my bourbon or eggnog and laugh.
I only watch them for one Lacey Chabert. I would rule 1, but every damn pic I try to post is filtered out.
GigEmMortis
AG
JB!98 said:

RED AG 98 said:

I only watch them for one Lacey Chabert. I would rule 1, but every damn pic I try to post is filtered out.

Same
EastCoastAgNc
AG
JB!98 said:

RED AG 98 said:

Didn't somebody here choose to watch House of Dragons over the Astros because it increased his odds of having some alone time after with his wife?

Wonder what increases the chances more... House of Dragons or Hallmark movie.
JB!98
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

JB!98 said:

RED AG 98 said:

Didn't somebody here choose to watch House of Dragons over the Astros because it increased his odds of having some alone time after with his wife?

Wonder what increases the chances more... House of Dragons or Hallmark movie.
You know once you have ridden the same roller coaster thousands of times, you tend to just do what you want. I would have chosen the Astros. Ah, young love.
Beau Holder
AG
We went from the parade to Dogwood to Feelgood to Unicorn and back to Woodrow's, then biked through Downtown on the way home. Everyone united for the Stros. On a Monday. I love this city.
MAT
AG
jkag89 said:

Yes. MVP, Cy Young, ROY and MOY are all regular season awards only.

... then by what criteria do they judge MOY?
Obviously not regular season wins. Maybe you need to manage the Bad News Bears to qualify?
First Page Last Page
Page 2371 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.