***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,310,669 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Prosperdick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Spoke to my cousin this morning, who is about 10 years older than me, and he retired last year but he's always been a baseball nut. He grew up in Detroit following the Tigers and as a kid I got to watch a game at the old Tiger stadium, which was really cool.

About 20 years ago he and his family moved to Houston and he quickly adopted the Astros and when we acquired Verlander that sealed the deal, he was all in.

So in his first year of retirement he decided to become an usher for the Astros and he has a nice section, lower level, right behind home plate shaded to the first base line. I asked the obvious, are you getting a ring and he confirmed he was. He said it will even be engraved with his name but they have to sign an agreement that they won't sell it, which he never would in a million years.

Anyway, such a great gesture by Crane to take care of all the employees and I've heard him mention it twice in interviews over the last couple of days "we have excellence from the top all the way to the bottom."

ETA I asked him if he had any cool stories and he said in game 1 against Seattle when Yordan was up he spoke to a fan and said "can you imagine if he hits one out, the roof of this place will come off." The rest is history.
bearkatag15
AG
Jet Black said:

So the chances of Verlander coming back are slim to none? I don't see us giving him a multi year deal. Somebody will.

I think it's 60%+ or more that Crane signs him
Prosperdick
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Jet Black said:

So the chances of Verlander coming back are slim to none? I don't see us giving him a multi year deal. Somebody will.

I think it's 60%+ or more that Crane signs him
As long as Crane is OK ponying up the dough I don't mind signing him to a 2 or even 3 year deal. Best case you get Nolan Ryan type of performance and worst case he gets hurt or drops off a cliff but is still there to mentor the other pitchers.
texasaggie2015
AG
I love JV, but I don't see him as the type to stick around and mentor guys if he gets sidelined.
Big Al 1992
AG
48' hours later and I'm still watching every Astro WS highlight, interview , and video that's been posted. I have a problem. And I don't care. Who else is with me?
RED AG 98
AG
I'm ok with resigning JV if it doesn't prevent us from getting another bat at LF or 1B. Honestly very tough to even call out a priority here I would 100% take any of the 4 dudes at 1B Farmer posted a few pages back if that truly is their going rate (with Mancini a pretty distant 4th place on that list). 1000 times out of 1000. We need another stick.
07ag
AG
Farmer1906 said:

No love for the 2x postseason MVP.

To be fair, he's less deserving than these 3 for regular season only.

They do voting before the playoffs start
https://ts.la/eric59704
The Porkchop Express
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I love JV, but I don't see him as the type to stick around and mentor guys if he gets sidelined.

That's not his job. If you want a mentor, hire a coach.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
MarathonAg12
The old "where the hell is my wife going to let me hang this" sign.
Prosperdick
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Probably not if he gets hurt as his focus will be on rehab but if he starts to falter as a pitcher I could still see him wanting to help the younger guys. I really think the last few years have changed his perspective dramatically. I don't think it's just lip service, either.
jkag89
Yes. MVP, Cy Young, ROY and MOY are all regular season awards only.
Sex Panther
AG
Well can we all agree that this is absolute bull*****

agdaddy04
AG
Where the eff is Framber?
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Alright what merch is everyone seeing, what did you buy, where did you get it?

I want a pennant, a shirt for me and the kids, maybe a short sleeve hoody and a low crown fitted hat with a WS patch after that it become pure spontaneous purchases
Sex Panther
AG
And we're really putting Manoah center over JV?!?!?
Burn-It
AG
Framber should use this as fuel next year.
AKA 13-0
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Cool picture
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Breggy marketing
agdaddy04
AG
Sex Panther said:

I guess they're lining it up where the one on the right wins? Ohtani was on the right too.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Sex Panther said:

I guess they're lining it up where the one on the right wins? Ohtani was on the right too.

Alphabetical order of last name. Cease, Manoah, Verlander
BayAg_14
MarathonAg12 said:

BayAg_14 said:

Wife works at the corporate office for Academy and said they did roughly $16MM in Astros WS gear this weekend.

Get some stars and let me PM you.

I have a list of needs.

And did you get bomb ass employee discounts

20%
tjack16
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

I want a pennant, a shirt for me and the kids, maybe a short sleeve hoody and a low crown fitted hat with a WS patch after that it become pure spontaneous purchases

I got the on field shirt they got after winning, hoodie version of it, pennants, and a flag.

Not to mention the low profile WS hat that they used in game (still hasn't come in even though I ordered it right after ALCS game 4 ended)

Had to stop myself from buying anymore stuff but the hoodie was mlbshop.com so of course it'll come in like January probably. The rest was Dicks SG
Mathguy64
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Where the eff is Framber?

Stroking a half empty bottle of champagne, imagining the size of ring hes getting in 5 months.

Shohei is a much better candidate than Cease and I would have him either 2 or 3. Framber was very consistent but iMHO somewhere in the 4-6 range for votes.
Sex Panther
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Sex Panther said:

I'm in the camp that as long as Ohtani does what he does, he should win MVP every year... but Judge is winning it and probably by a landslide
Big Al 1992
AG
I think JV comes back and here's why
It'll be handled by Crane alone - Click or new GM won't have much of a say - Crane will tell them work around it.
Crane doesn't want to be the guy that let JV go like Nolan, especially with some big milestones that might be achieved and the WS window still open.
JV is chasing stats and can only get that with a small handful of teams that have a bullpen that won't let him down, offense that will support him, and stellar defense that will back him up.
He and his wife already have tons of money. You think he doesn't see George, Carlos, and especially Cole sitting at home bathing in dollars but thinking about what they gave up and think about that.

maroonpivo
AG
I used to work there. God bless her for staying.
bearkatag15
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Nike Hoodie and T-Shirt, '47 brand mesh cap, a koozie and a pennant. Nothing crazy.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

48' hours later and I'm still watching every Astro WS highlight, interview , and video that's been posted. I have a problem. And I don't care. Who else is with me?
Still doing the same and sad it's over but damn happy with how it ended!
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Im not a fan of the on field shirt. but a lot of the other designs i like they put junk on the back also which kills a shirt IMO.

I feel like im getting picky to try and control myself from going nuts buying stuff

Edit: Is there any other sites to look on? LMB, lids, fanatics are identical sights with identical items
Kashchei
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

I live in Dallas so I had to order everything online. It's going to take FOREVER to get here... I basically bought a 2022 version of everything I bought in 2017, sans the road hat.

Fanatics/MLB:
Championship t shirt (on field)
Nike championship shirt (roster and trophy on back)
Hoodie with gold trophy
Low profile fitted hat with championship patch
Pennant
Blue championship patch
White championship fan patch (trophy)

Dicks:
Adjustable low profile "road" hat (orange brim) with championship patch. Dicks was the ONLY place that had this cap and sold out in hours, so thanks tjack for the Sunday morning recommendation.

My wallet is hurting, and I haven't even framed the pennant yet!
ChAg1799
AG
BCSGrubber said:

Vasquez can go start for half the league. He is gone.

Plus we have Lee to bring up.
bearkatag15
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Im not a fan of the on field shirt. but a lot of the other designs i like they put junk on the back also which kills a shirt IMO.

I feel like im getting picky to try and control myself from going nuts buying stuff

I agree with that. I went with these designs myself:

RED AG 98
AG

Good taste! This might be my exact order except I am looking for a short sleeve fishing shirt instead of the polo. I really like that 47 Brand cap.
txags92
AG
Sex Panther said:

Well can we all agree that this is absolute bull*****

Leaving Framber off that list after literally setting the record for most consecutive quality starts would be like leaving Judge out of the MVP top 3.
Chef Elko
AG
Aggie1391 said:

Does anyone know where I can find a custom 44 shirt and put "Still Tippin" on the back? The MLB store/ Fanatics won't allow it even though it's 12 characters.

I buy my jerseys on dhgate.com. China bootleg jerseys that take 3 months to get here but I've had good luck with them!
First Page Last Page
Page 2370 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.