***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,283,194 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
n_touch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
EastCoastAgNc said:

Hits just keep coming for the Phillies... Possibly lose Harper next year to Tommy John
Is that why he didn't pitch this series? I was really confused when they did not start him or use him out of the pen.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Big Al 1992
AG
Best decision- parade was awesome - was towards the end of the parade past the overpass. Even at the end of the parade the players and their wives were still rockin and so excited.

And got to see our girls!

txags92
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

They spelled "School" wrong on that bus...
txagbq2009
AG
Took my 4 year old to the parade last minute. Wife and I decided to take Metro park and ride because it was free and had a really fun experience on the bus. Loaded with Astros fans doing the "let's go Astros" and "you got Houston" chants. We then got a really awesome spot under the Pierce Elevated right in front by the barrier and it didn't get jam packed until right at 12:00. Got some awesome pictures and a great memory with my daughter.

Then going home happened. I ended up ordering an Uber, but we had to get on Metro Rail to get to our bus stop and ended up getting off on the third stop because dumbass people who have probably never watched a regular season Astros game in their entire lives had to ruin it. It's times like my experience on the Metro Rail that make realize that COVID didn't do a good enough job.
B-Company 2009
Big Al 1992
AG
Rally Kate, JV, and Yuli with the Trophy!

Canyon99
AG
chico said:

Earlier posts comparing 2017 vs 2022. Here's my take.

My son has always loved baseball and was half-way decent in little league. I coached a couple of his teams before he moved on to select ball. He was a high school senior in 2017 and was glued to every playoff game. We went to Game 3 vs Los Angeles sitting in the nose-bleeds (Peacock's pitching closed out the game). One of my favorite memories from that game is him singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" in full voice and enthusiasm. Thankfully I recorded him singing it. For game 7 on tv - he refused to move from the couch because it might be bad luck.

So for me - 2017 wins purely on fatherhood emotions.

For 2022 - this Astros team seemed destined to win it all. There was a different feeling this year compared to 2019 or 2021. And my son came home from college over the weekend to watch game 6 with me. Funny how these are the things you remember.

Great post and I share a similar feeling as a dad. My son was 13 back in 2017 and now he is a senior in high school. I didn't get to watch every game with him this year as I did in 2017 because his football team was finishing the season and prepping for the playoffs. Sure won't be the same with him gone next year and I am happy for you that your son was home to watch with you as the Astros clinched the series.
Thinice
Aggie1391 said:

Does anyone know where I can find a custom 44 shirt and put "Still Tippin" on the back? The MLB store/ Fanatics won't allow it even though it's 12 characters.

DGGate, look for the app, order big
3B Paul 97
AG
Farmer1906 said:

No love for the 2x postseason MVP.

To be fair, he's less deserving than these 3 for regular season only.

Good young crop of MLB players. Stros will get another chance next year with Diaz/Brown/Leon.
agdaddy04
AG
n_touch said:

agdaddy04 said:

Well written article and correctly points out that Dusty apparently didn't want the help.
Was it that he did not want help or did not want Contreras? I thought it was because he did not want someone that was in their contract year and having to worry about playing time and worrying about if he would fit in the clubhouse. It took a lot to do what Vazquez did this year and play second fiddle that way.
he didn't seem to want the help at all. I think he made a good decision in keeping Urquidy for a rental. However, I do think he should've played Christian Vazquez more. I think it also would've helped Mancini to get in a groove by playing more. He hit 6 of his 8 Houston home runs within 3 weeks of arriving.
Mathguy64
AG
Farmer1906 said:

The one missing is Witt Jr. 150 games, .254/.294/.428. 150 hits, 80 RBI, 82 runs, 20HR, 30 SB.
Dr. Doctor
AG
Thinice said:

Aggie1391 said:

Does anyone know where I can find a custom 44 shirt and put "Still Tippin" on the back? The MLB store/ Fanatics won't allow it even though it's 12 characters.

~egon
Farmer1906
AG

No shame in 3rd place this year. About as stacked as a field can be.
agswin1988
AG
hopefully that will be her last ride before being voted out tomorrow.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
annie88
AG
Stanek looks so much like Craig from Animal Kingdom.

Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
Sex Panther
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Farmer1906 said:

The one missing is Witt Jr. 150 games, .254/.294/.428. 150 hits, 80 RBI, 82 runs, 20HR, 30 SB.

I don't think Rutschman deserves to be in there over Pena or Witt, but MLB is hyping him like crazy (he is very good though)
Prosperdick
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

Jackal99 said:

On that note, taken from TV

Note to prosper, I think we've found your 2023 winning image.
Did everyone miss my post from earlier???

It looks like at least 35 people didn't miss it:

https://texags.com/forums/53/topics/3282003/replies/63512244
htxag09
AG
I mean we really gonna complain about it being posted multiple times?!?!
Prosperdick
AG
AstroAggie15 said:

Farmer, this you?

That's the closest Dallas will get to a baseball championship parade.
agdaddy04
AG
I sent that photo to a buddy and of course a friend of a friend knows him. Apparently he's been kicked out of multiple Texans games.
k20dub
AG
n_touch
k20dub said:

Hopefully for another team. Do not under any circumstance want him near this team
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906
AG
Sex Panther said:

Mathguy64 said:

Farmer1906 said:

I don't think Rutschman deserves to be in there over Pena or Witt, but MLB is hyping him like crazy (he is very good though)

That's funny because I think k he's the only one close to Julio. He's got an argument for too catcher in the AL and in the conversation for 2nd best catcher in baseball behind JT.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Nino Brown
Wabs said:

BoxingAg84 said:

Just go away.

Shocked she's not triple masked

With that grill I wouldn't be mad one bit if she was.
HarryRocket
My two year old son was asleep during the final out, wife won the argument about whether or not to wake him up. So he slept…

We were at HEB the next morning and I was telling him how the Astros have won a World Series in his lifetime. I look up and I see an older man with rangers hat on. He must have heard me say this to my boy.

Didn't plan it, and didn't give a single **** it happened.

**** those clowns for not swapping series in 17.

The double champs do what they want!!
HarryRocket
n_touch said:

k20dub said:

Hopefully for another team. Do not under any circumstance want him near this team

Idk, might be an offensive improvement over maldy
MarathonAg12
Dr. Doctor said:

Thinice said:

Aggie1391 said:

~egon

Okay, I need that
BayAg_14
Wife works at the corporate office for Academy and said they did roughly $16MM in Astros WS gear this weekend.
MarathonAg12
BayAg_14 said:

Wife works at the corporate office for Academy and said they did roughly $16MM in Astros WS gear this weekend.

Get some stars and let me PM you.

I have a list of needs.

And did you get bomb ass employee discounts
Jet Black
So the chances of Verlander coming back are slim to none? I don't see us giving him a multi year deal. Somebody will.
First Page Last Page
Page 2369 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.