***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,274,224 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
htxag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

Farmer1906 said:

Its crazy how quickly the city fell in love with Pena. He's getting more love than anyone, even Yordan or so it felt. That going to be the #1 Astro jersey sold this offseason.
Taqueria Arrandas isnt getting him back.

Best advertising deal ever
MarathonAg12

Politicians. How about letting an off-duty first responder ride instead of the devil
TexAg2001
AG
Crowd was booing like crazy and yelling profanities as Ted Cruz rolled past. I may have been the only one giving a thumbs up. I was surprised he actually saw me a pointed / nodded at me.

A couple rides later was carrying Sheila Jackson Lee...the crowd's response was exactly opposite for her.....I just don't get it.
Farmer1906
AG
It's just like sports. You love your players and hate the other team. How many Astros cheered for a scumbag like Osuna yet booed a good guy like Pujols?
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Certain people cannot be booed, regardless of how stupid and incompetent they are. Let your imagination figure out why…
txags92
AG
TexAg2001 said:

Crowd was booing like crazy and yelling profanities as Ted Cruz rolled past. I may have been the only one giving a thumbs up. I was surprised he actually saw me a pointed / nodded at me.

A couple rides later was carrying Sheila Jackson Lee...the crowd's response was exactly opposite for her.....I just don't get it.
People who don't have jobs or that are able to take off on a monday with less than 24 hours of notice tend to vote overwhelmingly democrat.
Daddy-O5
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Politicians. How but letting an off-duty first responder ride instead of the devil
What do these three have in common? Impending Free Agency.
Max Power
AG
Hell of a season. The Astros are my most beloved sports team. Before I cared for any teams from any other sports, I was an Astros fan. After them came the Oilers, and the Rockets, and the Aggies, and the Texans. You never forget your first though. To this day it's the only team that my entire family collectively loves. I hate the Cowboys, my dad hates basketball, my sister hates the Aggies, but we all love the Astros, it's the one commonality in sports my family shares. I went to Biggio's HOF induction a few years back, he was my favorite player as a kid.

I've only cried tears of happiness twice in my lifetime. The first time was when my daughter was born, the second time was when the Astros won the WS in 2017. We don't live in TX anymore, but she's grown up in a world that the team of my childhood has been to the WS 4 times and won it twice in her 6 years of life...before she was born they had only been once, and they were swept by the White Sox. I'm not saying she's responsible for this turn of events, but she sure as hell hasn't hurt it.

It's just nice to have a team in my life that rewards my fandom with happiness. I can't count on the Aggies, Texans, or Rockets, but I can watch the Astros in game 6 of the WS with them down 0-1 in the 6th inning and have actual hope of the thing I want to see happen actually occur. And that hope can be rewarded, Alvarez delivered. They are a team that can step on the field with the New York Yankees in the ALCS and sweep them. They keep coming back, even after losing a WS a couple times in the previous years.

How can you not be romantic about baseball?
MarathonAg12
TexAg2001 said:

Lol you know why
EastCoastAgNc
AG
The Kraken
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Peña's unattached, right? I can only imagine the amount of game and pull he has right now.
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
jg07
AG
New World Ag said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Peña's unattached, right? I can only imagine the amount of game and pull he has right now.
Hope so. We don't need some crazy woman effing up his back like our previous shortstop!
texasaggie2015
AG
He's been dating someone for a while
chico
AG
Earlier posts comparing 2017 vs 2022. Here's my take.

My son has always loved baseball and was half-way decent in little league. I coached a couple of his teams before he moved on to select ball. He was a high school senior in 2017 and was glued to every playoff game. We went to Game 3 vs Los Angeles sitting in the nose-bleeds (Peacock's pitching closed out the game). One of my favorite memories from that game is him singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" in full voice and enthusiasm. Thankfully I recorded him singing it. For game 7 on tv - he refused to move from the couch because it might be bad luck.

So for me - 2017 wins purely on fatherhood emotions.

For 2022 - this Astros team seemed destined to win it all. There was a different feeling this year compared to 2019 or 2021. And my son came home from college over the weekend to watch game 6 with me. Funny how these are the things you remember.
dixichkn
AG
tjack16 said:

The champions pennant is probably my favorite so far!

Also if you go to any Dick's Sporting Goods in the Houston area, they have an insane amount of stuff
I wouldn't go to Dicks SG if they were the only place in town that had any. I'd go online and wait.
bearkatag15
AG
dixichkn said:

tjack16 said:

Also if you go to any Dick's Sporting Goods in the Houston area, they have an insane amount of stuff
I wouldn't go to Dicks SG if they were the only place in town that had any. I'd go online and wait.

What's wrong with Dick's?
AgLA06
AG
Anti second ammendment and liberal female leadership.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
FrioAg 00
AG
The Astros and Aggie football competed for my fan attention as late as September of this year.

I think it's fair to say the Astros won that battle for a long, long time.

I'm not whining, I just want to say how much I appreciate the Astros for being awesome.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Hits just keep coming for the Phillies... Possibly lose Harper next year to Tommy John
EastCoastAgNc
AG
JB!98
AG
Jackal99 said:

On that note, taken from TV

You know when I was little, I wanted to be a fireman. Now I just want to be the rail on a fire truck!
dixichkn
AG
GigEmMortis said:

Listening to MLB radio and the host is bleeding about Maldonado crowding the plate to get the HBP. Said it wasn't a baseball play.

I love being the most hated team in baseball
dixichkn
AG
bearkatag15 said:

dixichkn said:

tjack16 said:

I'd explain but then I'd get a hundred "take it to the politics board"
bearkatag15
AG
jg07
AG
dixichkn said:

GigEmMortis said:

Listening to MLB radio and the host is bleeding about Maldonado crowding the plate to get the HBP. Said it wasn't a baseball play.

Crowding the plate is one of the most baseball things you can do. His feet were inside the box.

I can't remember who it was from the Yankees but his toes were millimeters from the plate in the ALCS when he got hit and everyone was praising his baseball IQ.
Teddy Perkins
AG
jg07 said:

dixichkn said:

GigEmMortis said:

Crowding the plate is one of the most baseball things you can do. His feet were inside the box.

I can't remember who it was from the Yankees but his toes were millimeters from the plate in the ALCS when he got hit and everyone was praising his baseball IQ.
Master Bader.
OKCAg2002
AG
Maldy absolutely did nothing wrong. He even made an "attempt" at moving out of the way. Nothing made Wheeler pitch to him inside.
The Porkchop Express
Farmer1906 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Its beautiful. I love that we're the bad guys. I love we're getting the Thanos treatment.

Astros when the Phillies showed up in the WS after we were told how dangerous the Braves, Mets, and Dodgers were.

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
txags92
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

He's been dating someone for a while
Breggy's wife hook him up with an Aggie friend of hers?
Farmer1906
AG

No love for the 2x postseason MVP.

To be fair, he's less deserving than these 3 for regular season only.
jakeaggie84
AG
Chas looking at my 4 year old on my shoulders.
The Porkchop Express
bearkatag15 said:

dixichkn said:

tjack16 said:

They stopped selling assault rifles after the shooting in Parkland in 2018.
The Porkchop Express
Farmer1906 said:

Regular season award or Championship MVP .. hmmm, which is better?

Marvin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Why not both, but....

WS MVP >>>>> AL RoY
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
First Page Last Page
Page 2368 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.