***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,283,212 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

He f***ed around, he found out. So appropriate this d-bag made the last out.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Cry harder choades
EastCoastAgNc
AG

If you think about it, the Phillies got the same treatment here as Dusty did in 2002 after pulling Russ Ortiz
EastCoastAgNc
AG

I have no idea if this guy is really a yankees fan, but it's hilarious
suburban cowboy
AG
remember, remember the 5th of November
Frok
AG
Enjoying the internet content this morning.
Bonfired
AG
suburban cowboy said:

remember, remember the 5th of November

Guy ****es Around And Finds Out Day!
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
completely comfortable starting another season with chas in cf. Assuming Dusty has stopped hating him....
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Yordan's homer
EastCoastAgNc
AG

The clinching moment
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
GigEmMortis
AG
Listening to MLB radio and the host is bleeding about Maldonado crowding the plate to get the HBP. Said it wasn't a baseball play.

I love being the most hated team in baseball
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG

EastCoastAgNc
AG
Mathguy64
AG
Waking up, hurting a bit, happy as can be.

To all the regulars this season, it was a great ride from the beginning. Let's get a third one.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
scd88
AG
Thanks for posting those.
MarathonAg12
Wish I could be hungover like you *******s but I'm still repping my block.
McInnis
AG
I still can't get over how good the Astros were this year. If you combine their regular and post season records it's 117-58, a winning pct of .669.

The Dodgers had a historically good season, winning 111 games with their mind boggling +334 run differential and their obscene payroll. Their combined record of 112-54 gives them a .675 winning percentage. But still could win only one game in post season when it really mattered.

So with all the well deserved gloating over the Phillies, Yankees, Mariners, Manred, and haters in general, let's not forget the Dodgers this morning.
JDUB08AG
AG
GigEmMortis said:

Listening to MLB radio and the host is bleeding about Maldonado crowding the plate to get the HBP. Said it wasn't a baseball play.

I love being the most hated team in baseball

That's one of THE most baseball plays. So old school. Just more soy boy media takes.
gambochaman
AG
The twitter hatred is fueling me today
GigEmMortis
AG
McInnis said:

I still can't get over how good the Astros were this year. If you combine their regular and post season records it's 117-58, a winning pct of .669.

The Dodgers had a historically good season, winning 111 games with their mind boggling +334 run differential and their obscene payroll. Their combined record of 112-54 gives them a .675 winning percentage. But still could win only one game in post season when it really mattered.

So with all the well deserved gloating over the Phillies, Yankees, Mariners, Manred, and haters in general, let's not forget the Dodgers this morning.

**** the Dodgers. **** the world
Premium
AG
RED AG 98 said:

Surprisingly great read on ESPN! DYNASTY!!!

There is simply too much talent and redundancy built into the organization and too many smart people still steering the ship in the right direction, even with the immediate fates of Baker and Click, whose contracts are expiring, currently unknown.

Baker could certainly decide to retire so he can wait for the call next year telling him he has been elected to the Hall of Fame as a manager. But if that happens, the Astros will have their pick of worthy successors, perhaps bench coach Joe Espada, a respected voice on the team who has been passed over a number of times in baseball's managerial carousel in recent years.

The talent, the minor league depth, the financial resources and, perhaps most importantly, the systems (analytics, development, scouting) all remain in place. As long as that is the case, there is little reason to believe this motor is going to sputter. Love them or hate them, it's your choice. But the Houston Astros have built one of the most efficient baseball machines this century.

If Houston can send a man to the moon we can also maintain the systems and processes to keep this Dynasty rolling.
aTm2004
AG
Forgotten hero

EastCoastAgNc
AG
aggiedata
AG
jkag89
EastCoastAgNc said:

This is pretty damn cool!
All I do is Nguyen
No matter what!

Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...

I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
Deluxe
AG
Some quick morning thoughts:

1) I ended up springing for some upper deck seats last minute yesterday. Did so cautiously because I did the same for g6/g7 of the Nats series and walked away with only a big hole in my wallet. Last night made it all worth it though!

2) The game felt like a "team that scores first wins" type of game for a while and when Schwarber hit his dinger, I felt so sh*tty. It made Yordan's dinger all the more exhilarating though.

3) Quick respect to Schwarber. I don't think about him much in the regular season, but I'm not sure there's a hitter I fear more in October. He'd look great in an Astros uniform someday.

4) Thomson made the managerial mistake of the series taking Wheeler out when he did. Gotta ride the hot hand there and Wheeler had it. Plus Yordan had seen Alvarado like 100 times this series.

5) Thought we could have gone a number of directions with series MVP. My under-the-radar pick was Javier for shutting down the Phillies bats in the crucial g4 and being a big part of the no hitter.

6) The 2022 Astros had the greatest catcher tandem of all time. Gotta find a way to bring Vazzy back next year and formally take the reigns from Maldy.

7) This team was special all year and deserved this outcome. The baseball gods have been cruel to us the last few years, but they let what was "supposed to happen" happen.

8) Love you all! Soak it in. WE ARE THE MFing CHAMPS!!!

Lastly, I know it's on me to start the offseason thread, but I'm taking today off from the boards. I'll do it tomorrow.
First Page Last Page
Page 2341 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.