***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,312,078 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

The family Merch bill is up to around $300.

2 pennants
3 caps
4 shirts

It's expensive being this good.
I had a tough time choosing myself, got way too much.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
Prosperdick
AG
chlavinka said:

He said he wanted to come back and would take less money. He's from Dallas and apparently also likes to win …
I understand money usually trumps everything but unless you're just a reptile like Pay-Rod I can't believe a few extra million is worth not having the kind of experience the Astros just had over the last month.
Teddy Perkins
AG

More parade info, including where not to park, if you are thinking of driving and not riding the MetroRail.
BMX Bandit
Astros did a deal with Bregman to buy out all 3 years of arbitration. No reason we can't do that with Tucker.
Wabs
AG
OKCAg2002 said:

If JV would do it, would you sign him for 2 year/$80M? I would.

Not unless we fill other holes. That is a lot of money and we are absolutely stacked at starting pitching. I'd like to spend the money and get Rizzo on a 2-3 year deal.
BMX Bandit
chlavinka said:

He said he wanted to come back and would take less money. He's from Dallas and apparently also likes to win …

Who?
Mathguy64
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Astros did a deal with Bregman to buy out all 3 years of arbitration. No reason we can't do that with Tucker.

We tried and he declined. Now maybe we didn't try hard enough. Or he is willing to take his chances with being a FA.
Teddy Perkins
AG
BMX Bandit said:

chlavinka said:

Who?
Pressly
BMX Bandit
Do you have link to that? Had not heard that

Was it a disagreement on amount or "I'm not doing a deal"?
MaxPower
Bringing back JV only makes sense if you don't like the bat free agent market and feel your best option to get upgrades at 1B, OF or C is to make a trade. Once you resign JV then you have 7 starters including Brown. You could trade one of the younger guys for a bat and still have 6.
MarathonAg12
For all my grad school school homies
BMX Bandit
Teddy Perkins said:

BMX Bandit said:

chlavinka said:

Who?
Pressly

Isn't he already signed?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
MosesHallRAB04
AG
MaxPower said:

Bringing back JV only makes sense if you don't like the bat free agent market and feel your best option to get upgrades at 1B, OF or C is to make a trade. Once you resign JV then you have 7 starters including Brown. You could trade one of the younger guys for a bat and still have 6.

I was a big fan of the 6 man rotation. Able to keep everyone fresh.
Farmer1906
AG
chlavinka said:

Not so sure I would consider 3/45 for a guy who in his mid 30s.
BadAggie
AG
Prosperdick said:

We gave up a total of 3 runs over the last 3 games to the hottest hitting team in the playoffs including a no no. Unbelievable.

Pitching and defense wins championships.
bearkatag15
AG
MarathonAg12
I would have had Bryce Harper's Mormon self drive me
JT05
AG
Yeah I definitely would have planned for an Uber lol
Mathguy64
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Do you have link to that? Had not heard that

Was it a disagreement on amount or "I'm not doing a deal"?

Back in May.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/astros-kyle-tucker-halt-negotiations-for-contract-extension-report/ar-AAXmayg
agdaddy04
AG
https://www.tiktok.com/@hexheadart/video/7162962463271701802?_t=8X8hPuhKlZe&_r=1
BMX Bandit
Thanks.

That gives me hope a deal can still happen. Unlike Correa who said he was going to be free agent
agdaddy04
AG
https://www.tiktok.com/@brbetting_/video/7163034444042063150?_t=8X8oWbUYGJX&_r=1

I don't have tik tok and not sure if they can be imbedded.

Mac calling the sports book in Vegas.
Buck Compton
AG
BMX Bandit said:

My guess is Tucker and his agent have no intentions of doing a deal until they see results without the shift. That could increase his numbers and his value a solid 5-10%
Damascene
AG
Got my chronicle (all three covers!) At their building on 59. Long line wrapping around but a very efficient operation, you don't even have to get out of the car!
Now I just need the "within reach" McCormick catch cover after game 5. Anybody know where to get last week's chronicle from?
MarathonAg12
I can't even get one.

Come on man….
BMX Bandit
True, but even with that, it's less than $30mm over next three years. Astros should offer 6/115 they gave Yordan.
AstroAggie15
AG
I tried several areas around magnolia and had no luck. Just said f it and ordered a copy of all 3 online.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Glad no surgery, but wow thats got to hurt
Farmer1906
AG
BMX Bandit said:

True, but even with that, it's less than $30mm over next three years. Astros should offer 6/115 they gave Yordan.

If Tucker continues at his current pace plus 5-10%, he'll hit the market at 29. From there he'll be able to sign a deal north of 6/115. If he were to take the extension now, he's less likely to get a mega deal at 32.
AustinAg2K
Prosperdick said:

chlavinka said:

I understand money usually trumps everything but unless you're just a reptile like Pay-Rod I can't believe a few extra million is worth not having the kind of experience the Astros just had over the last month.

For a lot of guys it's not exactly the money. It's that they think they are the best at their position (or in some cases the best ever), and if someone else is making more, it pisses them off. It's not so much they feel like they need the money, it's more stroking their ego.
Marvin
AG
Phillies have to be punching themselves in the face. No Yuli, no Bregman, no Altuve, no Valdez, no Verlander for game 7... if only that pitch to Yordan had been a few inches left.

Whew. I believe the baseball gods owed us a few lucky bounces after the Nats, Braves, and even Rays always found the green space or the executed the perfect pitch.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
MarathonAg12
Anyone else play this last night??
Farmer1906
AG

Kashchei
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

I can't even get one.

Come on man….

I'm going to wait til they release the posters. The "Again" cover will look great next to my framed 2017 "Champs" poster.

First Page Last Page
Page 2349 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.