***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,129,528 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Marvin said:

What's the Framber deal? They accusing him of using a substance?

Yup. And he absolutely is. Lots of people are. It's just not super blatant and sticky like the spydertack.

Don't they check him (and pitchers) after every inning? We'd have to be next level cheating to have invisible and not sticky to umpire touch stuff
Farmer1906
AG

Panama Red
AG
Ben the law student says it's true on twitter. Color me skeptical.

BMX Bandit
gospel according to twitter.
sts7049
AG
stanek's problem is walks. I think that's why he is in the doghouse a bit
jkag89
gougler08 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Marvin said:

Yup. And he absolutely is. Lots of people are. It's just not super blatant and sticky like the spydertack.

Don't they check him (and pitchers) after every inning? We'd have to be next level cheating to have invisible and not sticky to umpire touch stuff
I came across this a month of so ago
AustinAg2K
gougler08 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Marvin said:

Not every inning, but they do get checked. The umps don't care. Watch them when they do check, they barely look. Pitchers across the league are definitely using something. You can tell by spin rates going back up. Nobody cares.
Mathguy64
AG
I can't stop laughing. Machete is cheating using Albert's illegal bats. But Albert can go crazy and by crazy I mean do something so far outside his norm it's unbelievable the last 2.5 months of the season and everybody goes all cumbahyah.

Somewhere there is a real story that nobody will touch.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
HarryRocket
After reading twitter I can confirm, Philly fans are children.
Farmer1906
AG
BMX Bandit said:

gospel according to twitter.

Quote:

Ben the law student says it's true on twitter. Color me skeptical.

So it's just the rest of the league. None of our guys. Got it.
Wabs
AG
Philly thinking their fans will be hard on the Astros and affect them? LOL. Do they have any idea what this team has endured the past 2 years?
All I do is Nguyen
My concern with LMC going in game 3 is how he can really let a few early innings get out of hand with runner on.

Let's hope he's locked in and shuts them down early
Farmer1906
AG
That's any pitcher. It's happened to Nola, Verlander, and Wheeler so far. He hasn't given up 4 ER (including the postseason) since Aug 25 2021. I know he was out for a while but that's still 15-20 starts ago.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Paranoia: " I'm not trying to suggest anything, so let me clearly suggest something"
Mathguy64
AG
Clearly it's the magic cleats.

Framber is so far in their head they are going to poop him out.
htxag09
AG
Orange team bad!
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Tell me you've never watched framber pitch without telling me you've never watched framber pitch
Cromagnum
AG
It's not like Framber can't pitch and then suddenly could. These people will ***** about anything. I hope we punch them in the mouth 3x in a row now.
htxag09
AG
As insufferable as this thread was Friday, I'll take our fans' bleeding over the Phillies making excuses about cheating any day.
jkag89
amercer said:

Wait so different people are allowed to use different bats? WTF?
In the case with Pujols' bats it seems to be more of a safety issue than a competitive one. Maple bats saw a huge up tick in popularity because of their use by Barry Bonds in the early 2000's. Maple being a rather hard and rigid wood they tend shatter more often than ash or hickory bats. MLB did a study of maple in hopes of reducing the flying kindling due to the influx of maple bats. They came up with various weight and grain requirements that the wood used for hickory bats had to meet when the rule went into effect, Since this is seen a safety rule rather than a competitive one bats made for players already playing did not have to meet these requirements. In other words the rule was grandfathered in like the use of batting helmets, batting helmets with ear flaps, etc.

One thing that should be kept in mind, bat makers tend to set aside what they consider to be higher quality wood for the bats of stars. Both Pujols and Maldy used the same model for their bats. Maldy was a teammate of Albert and since he was retiring he asked him if he had a few extra in which he did not mind parting with since they used same bat type. Maldy was definitely looking for a higher quality bat but I'm also certain he was not looking for a loop hole in which to use an "illegal" bat.
Mathguy64
AG
Fangraphs projections puts us back on top 53.6-46.4. That's close to the original numbers before we started the Series.
sts7049
AG
I understood that the bat was not illegal for pujols because he was grandfathered in to use it. maldy was not.
The Porkchop Express
I mostly enjoyed Machete calling him Buster Only.
And calling his dumbass out in front of the rest o fthe press.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
AustinAg2K
jkag89 said:

amercer said:

Wait so different people are allowed to use different bats? WTF?
In the case with Pujols' bats it seems to be more of a safety issue than a competitive one. Maple bats saw a huge up tick in popularity because of there use by Barry Bonds in the early 2000's. Maple being a rather hard and rigid wood they tend shatter more often than ash or hickory bats. MLB did a study of maple in hopes of reducing the flying kindling due to the influx of maple bats. They came up with various weight and grain requirements that the wood used for hickory bats had to meet when the rule went into effect, Since this is seen a safety rule rather than a competitive one bats made for players already playing did not have to meet these requirements. In other words the rule was grandfathered in like the use of batting helmets, batting helmets with ear flaps, etc.

One thing that should be kept in mind, bat makers tend to set aside what they consider to be higher quality wood for the bats of stars. Both Pujols and Maldy used the same model for their bats. Maldy was a teammate of Albert and since he was retiring he asked him if he had a few extra in which he did not mind parting with since they used same bat type. Maldy was definitely looking for a higher quality bat but I'm also certain he was not looking for a loop hole in which to use an "illegal" bat.

So, no competitive advantage but a safety issue. New narrative coming soon... "Mandy was trying to murder the Philly players. His nickname is even Machete! What more proof do you need!"
EastCoastAgNc
AG

AustinAg2K
If MLB wants, I'm fine with them revoking Maldy's one hit this WS.
JohnLA762
AG
Phillies media: the Astros won't be able to handle what they are about to walk into.

What they walk into:
MarathonAg12
AGGIE BASEBALL today - 1:00pm vs. Sam Houston State (14 innings)

If you are in College Station and need some baseball to watch
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Former A's pitcher here calling BS on all the pearl clutchers
Farmer1906
AG
He said the sweat activates the substance too.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Mariners fans even calling BS on Philly
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

He said the sweat activates the substance too.

Sweat and rosin is legal.
jkag89
Wabs said:

Philly thinking their fans will be hard on the Astros and affect them? LOL. Do they have any idea what this team has endured the past 2 years?
I'm sure the Phillies themselves will get a boost playing in front of their home crowd but the idea that the Astros will somehow be intimidated by them is just so cute. I doubt Philly fan is clever enough to come up with a new twist on the whole sign stealing sandal in which to rag the 'Stros, in other words, we've heard it all before. Go ahead, do your best all you be doing is stoking the fire which is already ablaze in the belly of this team.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 1996 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.