***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,125,927 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Gordo14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Astros are officially 2-0 when I am in attendance at the World Series. I will gladly take game 6 and 7 tickets... For the team.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Priorities young man
ttha_aggie_09
AG
His velo was wayyy down this year. Don't seem to remember him topping 94 in the games I watched
Piercing Mae
AG
No, you'll kindly attend games 3-5 in Philly.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Piercing Mae said:

No, you'll kindly attend games 3-5 in Philly.

Who is paying for his riot gear?
Marvin
AG
Mrs. Marvin put this on Instagram as we were laughing about it last night. Notice a difference between Seattle's flag and the one the Astros rolled out? Her pictures…
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
cc10106
EastCoastAgNc said:

Buster screwed Maldy

Good lord. Maldy basically got deposed in a post-game conference by those nerds. They gotta find some kind of faux controversy to exploit I guess.
astros4545
AG
House of Dragons was great tonight
agproducer
AG
I'm now 3-1 for WS games! Whoop!
Marvin
AG
agproducer said:

I'm 0-5. Aren't you glad I wasn't there tonight?
Farmer1906
AG
Hell of a night at the Juicebox.
Beat40
Then don't go to Twitter. Framber is getting a lot of talk…
Farmer1906
AG
I think Wheeler has run out of gas. We got to him today and the below wasn't great.

Velo usually jumps in the postseason, but he was only about his season average. In Sept he was averaging 96.5 & 95.8 on the 2 fastballs.

Like his last start his velo started to tick down. Not dramatically, but enough.

AggiEE
Beat40 said:

Well, we saw what happened to the Yankees when they started making excuses….let that same karma work in our favor for the rest of the series
Farmer1906
AG
Marvin said:

agproducer said:

I'm 0-5. Aren't you glad I wasn't there tonight?

I was 0-2 before tonight.
Farmer1906
AG
AggiEE said:

Beat40 said:

Well, we saw what happened to the Yankees when they started making excuses….let that sane karma work in our favor for the rest of the series

phillies manager took the high road.
HarryRocket
Farmer1906 said:

AggiEE said:

Beat40 said:

Well, we saw what happened to the Yankees when they started making excuses….let that sane karma work in our favor for the rest of the series

H s a likable guy. I've been impressed with him so far, all around.
AggiEE
Yeah good on him for that

Their fans tho…
Beat40
I might have to stay off Twitter until the series is over. Let's just say I really hope we win the next 3 games by 10+.
Farmer1906
AG
Poor JV

Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

AggiEE said:

Beat40 said:

For sure. I just find it funny how the whole foreign substance thing was not made out to be such a big deal, but the moment an Astro pitcher's routine gets going around the Twitter sphere foreign substances are the biggest thing ever. I get why, still funny.

The Maldy story with the Framber stuff going viral couldn't have been worse timing though.

Man, the Phillies fans are going to try to use the cheating stuff big time next week. They don't know how this team responds. I love they think they can intimidate this team.

They kinda should take tonight's response to game 1 as a warning.
agproducer
AG
Farmer1906 said:

****, Farmer. We were sitting close together. I was in section 417 with some real ******* Philly fans.
Marvin
AG
What's the Framber deal? They accusing him of using a substance?
Farmer1906
AG
agproducer said:

Farmer1906 said:

****, Farmer. We were sitting close together. I was in section 417 with some real ******* Philly fans.

Me too. (417)

I had a few words with them after a beer "shower" from the back row. They shut up and apologized real fast. The dudes who rolled up after me were less forgiving. Then the older guys around tried to get them kicked out.

Plus there was the 12 year boy going thru puberty screaming his head off all night. The kid brought it. Squeaks and all.
Farmer1906
AG
Marvin said:

Yup. And he absolutely is. Lots of people are. It's just not super blatant and sticky like the spydertack.
agproducer
AG
Farmer1906 said:

agproducer said:

Farmer1906 said:

Me too.

I had a few words with them after a beer "shower" from the back row. They shut up and apologized real fast. The dudes who rolled up after me were less forgiving. Then the older guys around tried to get them kicked out.

Plus there was the 12 year boy going thru puberty screaming his head off all night. The kid brought it. Squeaks and all.

Row 4 on the aisle for me.

Dudes in front of me were drunk and standing up a lot, pissing off the whole section. Several people kindly asked them to sit down, even a fellow Phillies fan and they refused. They finally got their stuff together after deputy constable gave them a talking to.

Did you see Passan?
Farmer1906
AG
I was on 12, 3rd base aisle seat.

I did not. Did he come up or something?
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

Marvin said:

Yup. And he absolutely is. Lots of people are. It's just not super blatant and sticky like the spydertack.

You think it's more than rosin and sweat?

Pedro had a segment on MLB TV where he made a pretty notable difference between his right and left hand as far as stickiness is concerned with rosin alone.

Always possible he is using something more and I'm not going to put it passed a professional player to try to gain an advantage.
agproducer
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I was on 12, 3rd base aisle seat.

I did not. Did he come up or something?

He was at the entrance of 417 around the 4th inning. I think he was just checking out the atmosphere.
Marvin
AG
Philly reddit thread is convinced they sweep at home- in large part because of their fans. Astros have "never" experienced what is coming.

Oh, and Diaz leaning into the inside ball in G1 is further evidence of cheating. And Framber changing his cleats is cheating.

And Houston is not a real sports town because the fans were nice to them.

Rangers have some competition for the dumbest fan base.
CoachRTM
AG

screw-tu
What a bunch of dumbasses. Astros don't blink in Yankee Stadium, they surely aren't going to be intimidated by morons priding themselves on being obnoxious in that s*^thole.
HTownAg98
They did boo Santa Claus at one time, though that was Eagles fans. But I'm fairly certain the Venn diagram for Eagles fans and Phillies fans is one circle.

But it is cute for them to think we haven't played in any hostile environments.
All I do is Nguyen
screw-tu said:

What a bunch of dumbasses. Astros don't blink in Yankee Stadium, they surely aren't going to be intimidated by morons priding themselves on being obnoxious in that s*^thole.
Philly fans are the absolute WORST. I mean who throws snowballs with batteries in them at Santa??!! I honestly think Philly fans (all sports) are worse than Yankee fans.
OKCAg2002
AG
It would be so gratifying for Altuve to take the first pitch he sees on Monday out and silence that "hostile environment."
First Page Last Page
Page 1995 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.