***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,835,986 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bearkatag15 said:

RED AG 98 said:

and deGrom?
2015 - 2261
2016 - 2297
2017 - 2362
2018 - 2497
2019 - 2389
2020 - 2477
2021 - 2425

It has increased by about 150-200 RPMs over the years. Not a massive spike and it goes up and down slightly each year.

I will say his ERA dropped significantly in 2018, the year his spin rate spiked to almost 2500 RPMs on average.

I was just seeing if he had a drop since the crackdown. I didn't check his career stuff. We're looking at adding 200 since 2015. That's fairly significant. He's also been adding velo too.
W
AG
Bichette is the first name I noticed too.

he had the big first year with .930 OPS in 2019.

but it's steadily declined since then. Currently at .774 in 2021
bearkatag15
AG
Red Sox's starter only went 4.2 innings.
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
EastCoastAgNc
AG

He gone.
astros4545
AG
Welcome Back Frankie Tuesday

and So Long my friend
Ags #1
AG
So the same guy he has Always been
Mathguy64
AG
Send him somewhere for a bag of balls. He's one more bit of stupidity from a lifetime ban.
Ag4life80
AG
Sounds like he showed enough for ol' Dusty to put him in a one run game..........
ttha_aggie_09
AgDoc03
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

He gone.

Sounds like the rest of our bullpen
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
mAgnoliAg
AG
I forgot about him
bearkatag15
AG

Some love for Tucker on MLB Network earlier
Deluxe
AG
Bill Ripken actually posts on this thread from time to time. Farming1902 or something like that.
Big Al 1992
AG
ICYMI -
bearkatag15
AG
Hadn't seen the new alternate "City Jerseys" posted here... I just came across a YouTube video going over all 30 team jerseys. I don't hate the Astros versions.

I did think it was funny that the Rangers have Arlington across the chest of theirs

Mathguy64
AG
That made my morning today at the crack of pre dawn.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

ICYMI -

More from him... This is greatness
spadilly
S
I remember reading that only seven teams were getting them this year and we aren't one of them.
The White Sox unis looked great.
astros4545
AG
By the way...That Virginia winner take all Regional game is on ESPN right now

8am start
spadilly
S
Quote:

Developed in collaboration with seven inaugural clubs (Arizona Diamondbacks, Boston Red Sox, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Los Angeles Dodgers, Miami Marlins, San Francisco Giants), Nike MLB City Connect Series honors the history that binds club, fan, city and culture. In later seasons, the City Connect Series will appear league-wide.

https://news.nike.com/news/nike-mlb-city-connect-series-2021-22

Quote:

Will every MLB team have a "City Connects" uniform?

Yes, but not all at once. Six other teams besides the Red Sox will be part of the program this season: the Marlins (whose alternate will make its on-field debut on May 21), White Sox (June 5), Cubs (June 12), D-backs (June 18), Giants (July 9), and Dodgers (late August).

When will those uniforms be unveiled?

It's not yet clear, but presumably shortly before their respective on-field debuts.

What about the other 23 MLB teams?

Some will join the program in 2022, and the rest in 2023. By the end of that season, all 30 teams will be participating.

Even the Yankees?

Yes, even the Yankees.

In the NBA, City alternates are worn for only one season. Will that be the case with these uniforms too?

No. The plan is for them to stay in each team's wardrobe for three seasons.

https://uni-watch.com/2021/04/07/nikefication-of-mlb-begins-with-bosox-city-connect-uni/
ClickClack
AG
Going to the game tonight. Hopefully it's not raining, forecast looks a little sketchy. First Fenway game for wife and boys. Maybe I'll get a rule 1 in here from Fenway.
SquirrellyDan
AG
What's the Astros rotation going to look like once McCullers is back? Obviously McCullers, Greinke, Valdez are in. That leaves two spots between Odorizzi, Urquidy, and Garcia.

It's a good problem to have, but what would you do? Was listening to Charlie Palillo the other day, one option is to have McCullers sit a start once a month and rotate the sixth starter there, which makes sense given McCullers injury history.

You can't remove Garcia the way he's pitching, and I guess you can't remove Odorizzi given the money he's making. Odorizzi needs to have a good start Wednesday....will be interesting to see what Dusty does.
bigjag19
AG
Platoon the 5th spot. Why not? Save the bullpen every 5th game basically.
Ag_07
AG
You're right...You can't touch Garcia

It's between Odo and Urquidy and contract status should have nothing to do with it. Urquidy didn't have a good start last weekend so I would think if Odo can get ish together it be him in the rotation.

Problem is we've seen nothing to indicate he can get his ish together.
Deluxe
AG
There's been a bit of discussion on this in prior pages. IMO there's no rush to define the five starters. I think we could go a couple months and rotate rest between all six guys. It's also possible (if not likely) that 1-2 will get dinged up along the way.

Obviously at a certain point we have to start narrowing down who we want our playoff starters to be. Right now, I think that's Framber, ZG, LMJ and Garcia. Then we craft new roles for Odo and Urquidy. But I think that's something we can address in a few months.
bearkatag15
AG
There is just 2 off days between today and July 11th, then its the All Star break. Click already hinted that they are considering going to a 6 man rotation during this stretch. I bet firm decisions are made coming out of the All Star break.
Ag_07
AG
Deluxe said:

It's also possible (if not likely) that 1-2 will get dinged up along the way.

So an outbreak of 'shoulder discomfort' is about to make it's way through the rotation?
Deluxe
AG
Ag_07 said:

Deluxe said:

It's also possible (if not likely) that 1-2 will get dinged up along the way.

So an outbreak of 'shoulder discomfort' is about to make it's way through the rotation?

You are an astute between the lines reader
Beat40
bearkatag15 said:

There is just 2 off days between today and July 11th, then its the All Star break. Click already hinted that they are considering going to a 6 man rotation during this stretch. I bet firm decisions are made coming out of the All Star break.
Will be interesting to see if they will want to keep ZG pitching every 5 days or not.
Beat40
Deluxe said:

There's been a bit of discussion on this in prior pages. IMO there's no rush to define the five starters. I think we could go a couple months and rotate rest between all six guys. It's also possible (if not likely) that 1-2 will get dinged up along the way.

Obviously at a certain point we have to start narrowing down who we want our playoff starters to be. Right now, I think that's Framber, ZG, LMJ and Garcia. Then we craft new roles for Odo and Urquidy. But I think that's something we can address in a few months.
I'd just make that 5th day a tandem start day with who you think might not be a playoff starter and switch who gets to start it every other time.

Accomplishes a few things in my mind:

1) Keeps these guys stretched out while facing MLB hitters
2) Allows these guys to get used to coming out of the pen so it's not so foreign for a big game situation
3) Keeps the bullpen fresh.

I think that's how I would handle it.
Deluxe
AG
I'd be cool with something like that
Farmer1906
AG
I don't think Odo's incentives kick in until next year as far as innings pitched until next year. So if keep running him out to get him right.

I think it's ZG's turn for a rest. He probably won't like it but it's better than a tired armed 38 in October. I want the guy who can get up to 93 if he needs to.

We need to get McCullers's back and right. He's the dude (along with Framber) who I want in the biggest games.

I'd ride Urquidy to eat innings. I think he's the weakest link on a playoff rotation. Framber, McCullers, ZG would be 1-3. If Garcia continues to be the guy then he's the #4. Odo at his best is also very good. I might put him above as well. It's a good problem to have for sure.

The issues I see if we go to a full on 6 man rotation, is it provides little relief the our struggling bullpen. We move someone like Urquidy or Garcia to the pen, we'll see the weak leak get better. We already see it with Javier.

Frok
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Hadn't seen the new alternate "City Jerseys" posted here... I just came across a YouTube video going over all 30 team jerseys. I don't hate the Astros versions.

I did think it was funny that the Rangers have Arlington across the chest of theirs

Please don't become like the NBA with all the ugly alternates that looks nothing like the team
SquirrellyDan
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I don't think Odo's incentives kick in until next year as far as innings pitched until next year. So if keep running him out to get him right.

I think it's ZG's turn for a rest. He probably won't like it but it's better than a tired armed 38 in October. I want the guy who can get up to 93 if he needs to.

We need to get McCullers's back and right. He's the dude (along with Framber) who I want in the biggest games.

I'd ride Urquidy to eat innings. I think he's the weakest link on a playoff rotation. Framber, McCullers, ZG would be 1-3. If Garcia continues to be the guy then he's the #4. Odo at his best is also very good. I might put him above as well. It's a good problem to have for sure.

The issues I see if we go to a full on 6 man rotation, is it provides little relief the our struggling bullpen. We move someone like Urquidy or Garcia to the pen, we'll see the weak leak get better. We already see it with Javier.

If Garcia continues to be the guy then he's the #4 ACE

FIFY
Farmer1906
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

Farmer1906 said:

If Garcia continues to be the guy then he's the #4 ACE

FIFY
Yes, yes LuACE, I know.

But he's in his first full year in the bigs. He's an unknown from A ball last year. He's cover light years in a couple of months.

But a 2.75 ERA and 1.000 WHIP is Cy Young stuff. JV's done both just 3x in his career.

If Garcia continues to be a competent pitcher and doesn't regress too much then he'll be the dude in the playoff rotation over a guy who's got ice in his veins & pitched in a world series as a rookie and another guy that is a former All Star & our big-time free agent signing.
First Page Last Page
Page 508 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.