***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,829,036 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

This is a big reach... I don't see this as cheating. Its the same thing as the runner on 2nd signaling the batter
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
htxag09
AG
bearkatag15 said:

This is a big reach... I don't see this as cheating. Its the same thing as the runner on 2nd signaling the batter

Yeah. This isn't using technology, which I thought was the main emphasis of the rule
Farmer1906
AG
bearkatag15 said:

100% not cheating.
TREX01
The only take away from this is that Gary Sanchez sucks.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Farmer1906 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

Farmer1906 said:

I don't think Odo's incentives kick in until next year as far as innings pitched until next year. So if keep running him out to get him right.

I think it's ZG's turn for a rest. He probably won't like it but it's better than a tired armed 38 in October. I want the guy who can get up to 93 if he needs to.

We need to get McCullers's back and right. He's the dude (along with Framber) who I want in the biggest games.

I'd ride Urquidy to eat innings. I think he's the weakest link on a playoff rotation. Framber, McCullers, ZG would be 1-3. If Garcia continues to be the guy then he's the #4. Odo at his best is also very good. I might put him above as well. It's a good problem to have for sure.

The issues I see if we go to a full on 6 man rotation, is it provides little relief the our struggling bullpen. We move someone like Urquidy or Garcia to the pen, we'll see the weak leak get better. We already see it with Javier.

If Garcia continues to be the guy then he's the #4 ACE

FIFY
Yes, yes LuACE, I know.

But he's in his first full year in the bigs. He's an unknown from A ball last year. He's cover light years in a couple of months.

But a 2.75 ERA and 1.000 WHIP is Cy Young stuff. JV's done both just 3x in his career.

If Garcia continues to be a competent pitcher and doesn't regress too much then he'll be the dude in the playoff rotation over a guy who's got ice in his veins & pitched in a world series as a rookie and another guy that is a former All Star & our big-time free agent signing.
Yeah I got you. I keep waiting for him to fall off but what he's done so far doesn't look like a fluke. I didn't realize how big the guy was (I only get the national games). He's got a quirky release and his pitches look effortless. Whatever they do with the lineup, its fun watching this kid and hope to see him develop further.
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

I don't think Odo's incentives kick in until next year as far as innings pitched until next year. So if keep running him out to get him right.

I think it's ZG's turn for a rest. He probably won't like it but it's better than a tired armed 38 in October. I want the guy who can get up to 93 if he needs to.

We need to get McCullers's back and right. He's the dude (along with Framber) who I want in the biggest games.

I'd ride Urquidy to eat innings. I think he's the weakest link on a playoff rotation. Framber, McCullers, ZG would be 1-3. If Garcia continues to be the guy then he's the #4. Odo at his best is also very good. I might put him above as well. It's a good problem to have for sure.

The issues I see if we go to a full on 6 man rotation, is it provides little relief the our struggling bullpen. We move someone like Urquidy or Garcia to the pen, we'll see the weak leak get better. We already see it with Javier.

I agree with this. That's may main argument for going with a 5th day tandem start through the long stretches we have coming up.

If you needed to get ZG an extra days rest or something, Javier could spot start in his place.

It may not work, but I'd strongly consider it.
Farmer1906
AG
100% with you on tandem. Pair Javier and Urquidy up with Odo & Garcia or something similar.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Frok said:

bearkatag15 said:

Hadn't seen the new alternate "City Jerseys" posted here... I just came across a YouTube video going over all 30 team jerseys. I don't hate the Astros versions.

I did think it was funny that the Rangers have Arlington across the chest of theirs

Please don't become like the NBA with all the ugly alternates that looks nothing like the team
I get what your saying but i do think they did a good job of staying with team colors and design ideas....but that being said I still hate it. PArtially because I hate the term H Town, but also the basterdized version of the rainbow jersey....which half the rainbow would be tucked into their pants anyways
Farmer1906
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Frok said:

bearkatag15 said:

Hadn't seen the new alternate "City Jerseys" posted here... I just came across a YouTube video going over all 30 team jerseys. I don't hate the Astros versions.

I did think it was funny that the Rangers have Arlington across the chest of theirs

Please don't become like the NBA with all the ugly alternates that looks nothing like the team
I get what your saying but i do think they did a good job of staying with team colors and design ideas....but that being said I still hate it. PArtially because I hate the term H Town, but also the basterdized version of the rainbow jersey....which half the rainbow would be tucked into their pants anyways
Agree. Not a fan.

Either go back to the classic rainbows or don't.

Even the smaller sections from the late 80s and our current Sundays are a better use of the rainbows.

I do like the socks a lot. And I think I like the pants. The hat is TBD. Are there any more pics of it?
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Agree. Not a fan.

Either go back to the classic rainbows or don't.

Even the smaller sections from the late 80s and our current Sundays are a better use of the rainbows.

I do like the socks a lot. And I think I like the pants. The hat is TBD. Are there any more pics of it?
Rainbows are nice for throwback but I couldnt do it every day lol, The sleeves Biggio is wearing though are sweet
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

100% not cheating.

Correct
bearkatag15
AG
Just got the Breggy Bomb Salsa. Gotta say I'm impressed. Has a light flavor on the front end then it kicks pretty hard on the back end. Highly recommend
EastCoastAgNc
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Just got the Breggy Bomb Salsa. Gotta say I'm impressed. Has a light flavor on the front end then it kicks pretty hard on the back end. Highly recommend
Starts out light, comes on strong at the end. Breggy's salsa and season performances align perfectly.
Deluxe
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Def gonna try when it hits HEB shelves
Farmer1906
AG
He started out ice ice cold.

From May 12
.275 Avg
.367 Obp
.435 Slg
.802 Ops

June Only
.467 Avg
.529 Obp
.667 Slg
1.196 Ops

He's trending the right way. It was over 2 years since he'd played ball in a real league. Now he's playing at a higher level than he ever has before. Some had their expectations way too high in the short term.
bearkatag15
AG
I picked it up at HEB just now.
Ag_07
AG
So what's the story with Breggy Bomb salsa?

Is this his thing or is it just a salsa company that hired him to put his name on it and market it?

Either way I'm thinking it's genius and it's gonna fly off shelves here.
bearkatag15
AG
Ag_07 said:

So what's the story with Breggy Bomb salsa?

Is this his thing or is it just a salsa company that hired him to put his name on it and market it?

Either way I'm thinking it's genius and it's gonna fly off shelves here.

Seems like he is the name of the product that another company developed

Deluxe
AG
bearkatag15 said:

I picked it up at HEB just now.

Nice! BRB.
Farmer1906
AG
I put in their address and it shows a Bregman law firm. Maybe he has something else going on too.
Deluxe
AG
His GF is working on a fashion line.

I'm guessing Bregs is trying to leverage his sponsor relationship with HEB to create an assortment of grocery products and the salsa is just the first thing.
n_touch
Deluxe said:

His GF is working on a fashion line.

I'm guessing Bregs is trying to leverage his sponsor relationship with HEB to create an assortment of grocery products and the salsa is just the first thing.
Im ok with this. Means he may be a lifer here.
YNWA_AG
AG
WWR wants $5 back
n_touch
Hate to see it

Garrit Cole Spin Rate
k20dub
AG
Brantley getting activated today?
tjack16
AG
k20dub said:

Brantley getting activated today?

Dusty said maybe this series. So knowing him it means about a week from now
bearkatag15
AG

Correa making a case for a GG
Ag_07
AG
How have I not heard of this story?

Quote:

And then in January, a former clubhouse manager for the Los Angeles Angels named Brian Harkins, who was suing his old team over being fired after MLB had informed the Angels he'd been providing pitchers with a sticky mix of rosin and pine tar, revealed a 2019 text from Cole that indicated the star pitcher was essentially asking for a shipment of the stuff.
cwpaggie07
AG
dave chappelle you hate to see it.gif
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Ag_07 said:

How have I not heard of this story?

Quote:

And then in January, a former clubhouse manager for the Los Angeles Angels named Brian Harkins, who was suing his old team over being fired after MLB had informed the Angels he'd been providing pitchers with a sticky mix of rosin and pine tar, revealed a 2019 text from Cole that indicated the star pitcher was essentially asking for a shipment of the stuff.

There was a whole article about it. Named a bunch of guys. Cole, Verlander, Scherzer, Kluber, etc.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2021/01/08/gerrit-cole-justin-verlander-lawsuit-angels-bubba-harkins/6595159002/
Phrasing
AG
Dusty just said on 790 that Brantley is playing today.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TREX01 said:

The only take away from this is that Gary Sanchez sucks.
Technically the Yankees are cheating every time they start Sanchez at catcher because they only have 8 position players on the field. His scouting report reads: "If you get on first or second, steal the next base on the next pitch, as Sanchez does not possess the ability to throw a baseball more than 30 feet. If you are on base and someone gets a hit, run home no matter how fast the fielder gets the ball, as Sanchez also cannot catch a ball thrown to him from anywhere besides the mound>'
Beat40
Phrasing said:

Dusty just said on 790 that Brantley is playing today.
Y'all better be ready for Straw to start over Chas. I'm just preparing y'all mentally for the letdown.
Farmer1906
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Correa making a case for a GG

I'm not saying he is or he isn't but errors is a **** way to decide how good a defender is playing. If you're too slow to get to every difficult ball you'll never make an error on them.
First Page Last Page
Page 509 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.