***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,836,193 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mazag08 said:

Two thoughts.

1. I love the satisfaction of knowing these fans are going to go home, guzzle cocaine, and then cry themselves to sleep as they realize that none of their annoying antics did more than make us beat their ass harder.

2. I wish we had Kemp instead of Straw. I was sad when Kemp got traded and that's one I want back.

It's Oakland. It's crack and meth. Cocaine is too classy.
Prosperdick
AG
Dolly Parton win! Only fitting this is a nice pair....of wins.
bullard21k
AG
I mean you would think they would give up on the booing when it clearly doesn't work.
shano0603
AG
On pace for 162-0
AstroAggie15
AG
I hope this team keeps it up. Luhnow built a core to last
bearkatag15
AG
Mathguy64
AG
I'm up early this morning pulling some beef cheeks off the pit for breakfast barbacoa and was looking over day 2 game scores. Can anyone explain to me why 14 teams played a game Thursday and not Friday? 7 teams sat in a hotel room doing nothing. I know MLB is dumb but that strikes me as weapons grade stupid and a waste of time and money.
htxag09
AG
The stros broadcast touched on it last night. Anyone who has a chance of an opening day rainout was off yesterday. So basically the only teams that played were those playing in an indoor stadium or where good weather is almost a guarantee, Oakland.
bluefire579
AG
Mathguy64 said:

I'm up early this morning pulling some beef cheeks off the pit for breakfast barbacoa and was looking over day 2 game scores. Can anyone explain to me why 14 teams played a game Thursday and not Friday? 7 teams sat in a hotel room doing nothing. I know MLB is dumb but that strikes me as weapons grade stupid and a waste of time and money.
They do that every year (think the Astros had it like that in 2018 or 2019). My guess is a built in weather day since early April can be a bit unpredictable in some places.
Farmer1906
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Last night: Enjoying watching the Astros tear up Diekman to put the game away.

This morning: Checking my fantasy baseball box score and realizing I drafted Diekman.
Farmer1906
AG
I crashed mid 8th last night. I need to go back and rewatch. Feels good to kick the As ass. We picked up right where we left off. We should keep it going with a distinct advantage of McCullers > Irvin. Cole Irving doesn't throw it hard, doesn't spin it, only has 45 big league innings over the last two years, sky high ERA, and he developed a sinker last year which was his most hit pitch. If we get to him early, their bullpen will be wasted for Sunday.
Farmer1906
AG
bluefire579 said:

Mathguy64 said:

They do that every year (think the Astros had it like that in 2018 or 2019). My guess is a built in weather day since early April can be a bit unpredictable in some places.

Basically this. If games are played in places where it might rain or have **** weather the build in off days early to be able to make games up. If you have a roof and sunny skies likely (Cali) then they play them regularly. To me, just play openers in the south, west coast, or places with roofs. Who really wants to attend a game in Det or Bos this time of year?
Mathguy64
AG
I made it to the end but I had an ulterior motive. I had beef cheeks on the pit starting at 11 last night.

Breakfast is served.

htxag09
AG
We would ***** beyond belief if we never had an opening day because we were in the north. And rightfully so
dshedd41
S
Sorry I didn't make it through the night
Gig’em Aggies!
tjack16
AG
When was the last time we opened the season (with fans) at home?

Seems like since we won the title it's been opening on the road every year. Wondering if there is a reason for this or just random?
aTm2004
AG
htxag09
AG
I feel like it's random but evens out for the most part
2017 - started at home
2018 - road
2019 - road
2020 - original schedule was home
bluefire579
AG
tjack16 said:

When was the last time we opened the season (with fans) at home?

Seems like since we won the title it's been opening on the road every year. Wondering if there is a reason for this or just random?
tjack16
AG
htxag09 said:

I feel like it's random but evens out for the most part
2017 - started at home
2018 - road
2019 - road
2020 - original schedule was home

Gotcha. For some reason I thought we started on the road in 17 too. Hopefully next year we open at MMP with a banner reveal
07ag
AG
Mathguy64 said:

I made it to the end but I had an ulterior motive. I had beef cheeks on the pit starting at 11 last night.

Breakfast is served.

i'm jealous, that looks awesome
https://ts.la/eric59704
Ag_07
AG
Well done!

I've been wanting do those for a while now.

How'd you do them?
Mathguy64
AG
Rubbed with a combo of fajita seasoning and bbq rub, Smoked with hickory chunks on the BGE for about 2.5 hours at 250* then they went into a covered pan with a chopped onion, 4 whole garlic cloves and beef broth covered to braise for about 4 hours. They went to 210* and were fork tender. Shredded them and rested about 30 minutes. There's a thread on the food board with 2 good videos.

Served in corn tortilla with chopped onion, cilantro and cotilla cheese.

It was alright
irish pete ag06
AG
Dan Shedd said:

Sorry I didn't make it through the night

There she is.

No saber or stat talk at all.

This team is not the 2020 team when it comes to swagger and attitude. The dugout shots look normal. Altuve is smiling a ton already. Brantley's comments about "us vs the world." They've totally put the bull crap behind them it seems. You love to see it.

PS, Tucker owes Bregman a beer for turning his piece of crap pop fly into a Sac fly.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

PS, Tucker owes Bregman a beer for turning his piece of crap pop fly into a Sac fly

Close
irish pete ag06
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

PS, Tucker owes Bregman a beer for turning his piece of crap pop fly into a Sac fly

Close
Altuve. Hadn't had all my coffee yet.
Farmer1906
AG
LonghornDub
Mathguy64 said:

Come on Straw. Prove us all wrong.
I think we'll be trying some rookie outfielders and/or trading for a cf by the middle of the season. While Straw could play for some teams (listen up Rangers), he's not good enough for the Astros. While he's hit the ball hard a couple of times, he has warning track power at best and is mostly making outs. I am very disappointed with his defense. I don't know if he isn't ready for the play or just has poor judgment of hit balls. He had two misplays last night. He barely overcame the first with speed and a dive. The second got over his head and cost a run.

Springer was a streaky hitter, but an elite fielding center fielder. Neither is helping the Blue Jays right now though as he's on the 10-day dl with a strained oblique. He always was injury prone. So's Correa. I wouldn't give either a long term contract. Altuve, Bregman, Brantley and Gurriel are more dependable. As good as the Astros have been developing young players, I think they're better off giving the youngsters some chances than hamstringing themselves with big contracts for position players. Save the cash for some elite pitching when it comes available.

I was glad to see Trevor Bauer blow up after his no-hit bid. I don't like him.

God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

TarponChaser
I keep waiting for Dusty to have the Lou Brown-Willie Mays Hayes chat and making him do push-ups every time his narrow ass hits one in the air. Bunts, grounders, and the occasional liner for extra bases. Straw needs to learn the Pete Rose school of slapping grounders through the hole, Sabermetrics be damned.
bearkatag15
AG

No Bregman today
Pahdz
Then who is Alvarez?
Ag_07
AG
Then I hope that Alvarez guy can hit
JABQ04
AG
DH?
Bregxit
AG
No Bregman today.
First Page Last Page
Page 42 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.