*****Official Houston Astros 2020-2021 Offseason Thread*****

406,613 Views | 4530 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by tjack16
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bearkatag15 said:

He's still owed 12 M for this year and 12 M for next.
Beat40
bearkatag15 said:

But games played, man. Games played.
Mathguy64
AG
bearkatag15 said:

So their team BA, OPS, OPS+, wRC and wRC+ just went up. Lucky them
agproducer
AG
Man, Siri almost got there.
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

bearkatag15 said:

He's still owed 12 M for this year and 12 M for next.

Also don't forget he's better than Altuve
Ag_07
AG
So is he going to go into the HOF as a Ranger?
Farmer1906
AG
Duh but still good to hear.

tjack16
AG
Got on and saw 47 new posts. Got excited about a Correa extension
Harry Dunne
Former No. 1 MLB draft pick Mark Appel heads to minor league camp with Philadelphia Phillies in pursuit of a comeback

Always seemed like a good dude that just couldn't catch a break injury-wise. Hope he makes it to the majors.

Farmer1906
AG

That is way too much for Lindor.
astros4545
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Mets owner he more money than everyone and aint afraid to spend it
Farmer1906
AG
astros4545 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Mets owner he more money than everyone and aint afraid to spend it

Except he wouldn't spend it on George or Tyler.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Marvin
AG
Crap, no way Correa takes 50 cents on the dollar.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
tjack16
AG
This is why they should have started all of these talks as soon as Springer left. The longer they wait the more he will want. Since that date, Tatis signed a 14 year deal and then Lindor signed this one
Ag_07
AG
Wouldn't have made a difference.

His agent is telling him to wait out Lindor. Let him set the market.
shano0603
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Lindor countered for 12 years/385
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
He deserves to not get a damn deal if we wants to walk away from 32.5 per year. **** that BS
Mr.Bond
AG
shano0603 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Lindor countered for 12 years/385
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Id tell him vaya con dios....pendejo
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

AggiEE
That's an absurd amount of money to throw at a player through their late 30s

We can't afford anything close to that, so even if the Astros throw out 175-200M, which is a great deal, why wouldn't Correa take a gamble next season on the free agent market?

No guarantees there's another buyer dumb enough to pony up that kind of cash like they are for Lindor, but the Astros offer will probably still stand as a backup next season
tjack16
AG

Why they don't just make him a full time offensive player is beyond me. His bat is so much better than his arm
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Death. Taxes. The angels giving out terrible contracts.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
AggiEE said:

We can't afford anything close to that, so even if the Astros throw out 175-200M, which is a great deal, why wouldn't Correa take a gamble next season on the free agent market?

No guarantees there's another buyer dumb enough to pony up that kind of cash like they are for Lindor, but the Astros offer will probably still stand as a backup next season

He told them no.

Beat40
Seems to me he's looking to get that NYY money.
AggiEE
EastCoastAgNc said:

AggiEE said:

He told them no.

Lmao the balls of him and his agent. Honestly hope he gets screwed and doesn't get close to his original offer for being that ridiculously greedy.
Farmer1906
AG
2 years, 8.5 M is a bad contract?

He could be an All Star level pitched & hitter. I enjoy seeing him try for it.
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

2 years, 8.5 M is a bad contract?

He could be an All Star level pitched & hitter. I enjoy seeing him try for it.

It's not a bad contract. But he has the potential to be an elite bat. However he's having trouble staying on the field because of pitching injuries. At some point you gotta do the pros and cons
MaxPower
Ag_07 said:

Wouldn't have made a difference.

His agent is telling him to wait out Lindor. Let him set the market.
Seems that way. My beef is the same as it was with Springer. If you aren't going to get a deal done then do what Cleveland did and reload with a trade for near major league ready prospects. I don't care about 4th round draft picks that have a 10% chance of becoming major league contributors in 3-5 years.
BMX Bandit
So trade Springer while trying to win world series? Interesting strategy.

The Astros want to keep Correa. I don't think trading him helps them do that. If the season goes bad, you can deal him at deadline
MaxPower
I think they should have traded one big player a year before letting them walk. Last year was probably the year because the weird season and long playoffs made the odds of a WS longer than normal.

It doesn't really matter at this point. I fully expect we will take the year, hope for a playoff run and the roster be chipped away again next season.
Ag_07
AG
Makes absolutely zero sense to trade Springer or Correa while our window is wide open.

That's a move you make when your window is closed and you have a top end player on a team going nowhere.

Why trade a cheap, significant piece while in the middle of making a run? We were 1 game away from a WS last year. We're nowhere close to that if you trade Correa or Springer.
BMX Bandit
Exactly.

Not sure the "let's do like Indians" who haven't made it past ALDS since they were in 2016 World Series and now looking at being around .500 is the model to emulate
Harry Dunne
Marvin said:

Crap, no way Correa takes 50 cents on the dollar.
I won't beat a dead horse about my feelings on injury concerns with a long-term contract with Carlos, BUT if we're going to gamble anyway by signing him...

If all Carlos wants is a longer contract, I wouldn't have any more of a problem with that than I do with the 6-year offer. $25M per year (assuming that's what he ends up getting) is going to be a lot less 10 years from now than it is today. In 2011 Peak JV winning 24 games, pitching 250 innings and winning a CYA was on the 2nd year of a 5/$80.

No offense to Lance, but I don't think the expectations for his 5/$85 are the same for that salary in 2021 than they were with JV and those $25M aren't going to handicap the organization 9-10 years from now. Carlos is not going to forget how to hit. Best case scenario he ages well and is still a viable 3b or OF at that point. Worst-case he's worth it on the front end (and I do think his typical 110 games per year + postseason is still worth that) and then we have to eat some salary on the back end.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
https://theathletic.com/2479518/2021/03/30/how-the-astros-sign-stealing-trash-can-banging-cheating-scandal-may-not-have-actually-helped-them-as-batters/?source=user_shared_article
First Page Last Page
Page 126 of 130

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.